Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

12 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

He might be, more than Davos anyway. What would be better sitting around Dragonstone and doing what? He ain't gonna help them at Eastwatch or DS so what difference does it make.

Viserion is brought to die to balance strength of NK and humans. Three dragons seemed like an advantage. Not secondary character and guess what... Beric and Thoros are secondary chracters. Many peope dont' even know who Gendry is, he's not Jon Snow for fangirls. Jon, Tormund, Jorah or Sandor would be tougher losses for many fans.

hey! Many fangirlsB) prefer Gendry to showJon.....

34 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

No sense.

So to convince people you need help to engage the enemy or there will be dire consequences... engage the enemy with a handful of people and guess what, there are dire consequences.

Why not just send Dany, who is by then on friendly terms, north to observe from a safe distance. Or send Jorah, her trusted advisor, to report to her. (Key words here, observe from a distance.)

If they wanted Jaime (who rides off by himself anyway) on board, they could ask him to come north to observe, too. Or send they could send someone he trusts, Brienne, to report to him.

It's really all about convincing Cersei, who is a known lying psychopath, just about everyone and his mama is aware of that, or knows someone who knows. And guess what, she lies to them.

She just blew up the High Sparrow and many others with wildfire after lying to them. She has a zombie queensguard who is torturing people who get in her way, including a septa. And much more.

Speaking of zombies... someone just pointed out, why would a zombie convince anyone? Qyburn can whip one of those up himself. And guess who is right there, exhibit B, the zombie he whipped up.

yeah Gregor is similar to a weight!

and also a Wigght is not an ARmy of WWs.

if they have risked their lives in the lands of the white walkers with a small group of people how does Cersei know the thread is real?

they could be fooling her in a complex plan to take the throne (not sure what the plan would be) but it would make more sense.

6 hours ago, kg1982 said:

The "wight hunt" destroys so many people's characters it isn't even funny.  First, along with being a moron for coming up in the strategy, Jon walks into an ambush again.  The showrunners are making him into the stupidest person alive; he is a mindless action hero who should not be allowed to rule anything.  Second, Davos really just hops on the Drogon express and doesn't stay by Jon's side.  In what world does that happen?  

And if Dan and David have decided they don't care about plots or characterizations and are just going for mindless action and sex and pure fanservice, then in what world does Jon not get to ride a dragon?  Dany saving Jon on Drogon is at least a cool visual, not like the disjointed garbage being reported.  

Yeah its a real shame that they've ended up like this isn't he?

5 hours ago, Evarei said:

This 4chan sccop comes form a self-proclamed Jon hater (and show hater). He even calls his fans 'Jonfags'. I wouldn't pay attention to his condescending commentary and trolling (he's totally obnoxious in every comment he made about each 'spoiler' he gave). He would totally blow the possibility of Jon getting knocked down for a moment out of proportion (by saying he gets KOed/bitchslapped. I mean bitchslapped? lol come on), and he  purposely ignored that Jon's up against the wights kicking ass some time later (the polar bear fight happens way before the wight battle).

Well im sorry that not everyone loves jon. 4chan are known for being more vulgar and vocally fed-up  with certain characters compared to other sites its just the general atmosphere there. I've been on those 4chan threads and hes seems genuine to me.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It seems Mylod is directing ambush of Lannisters troops.

Naval ambush is not in premiere. Podeswa is not part of it, Shakman is directing 4 and 5, too late. Mylod it is then ep 2 or 3. Ambush is around that time too.

Basically Lannisters sacked Highgarden as result of Iron Bank. They want their money and Tyrells are rich.

It leads to death of Olenna, many kills, Tarly's bertrayed Tyrells.

Dany plans vendetta. Unsullied attacks CR through sewer system Tyrion planned or know. Smugled whores to CR that way.

Goes with Dothraki to attack Lannisters. Kills Tarly's a defeat Lannisters.

But where Euron vs Yara and Sand Snakes fit into this. I think it must be CR battle.

The one problem with this is that Grey Worm and the Unsullied are with Dany when she lands at Dragonstone while Theon and Yara are nowhere to be found. So, I think their fleets split up before Dany lands. 

Now, where does the Unsullied attack on CR fit into all this? I have no clue. But keep in mind that those two groups are separated. 

Also, we have to weight what is more of an episode ending, Dany's forces ambushing the Lannisters or THE MEETING of Dany and Jon. 

I think that Dany and Jon meeting is more of an episode ender. That photo we saw of Davos and Jon on the floor while everyone else is standing up seems to be that a dragon is flying above them. Maybe it's Dany returning from the ambush. 

*Side note: that wight hunt better have an amazing justification because it sounds dumb as shit. The only thing I can think of is that they go North on a completely different mission and get ambushed themselves by the NK and the Wights. How Dany fits into this? I have no clue. Maybe through her "connection" with Jon she senses something has gone wrong and flies to help. 

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

He might be, more than Davos anyway. What would be better sitting around Dragonstone and doing what? He ain't gonna help them at Eastwatch or DS so what difference does it make.

Viserion is brought to die to balance strength of NK and humans. Three dragons seemed like an advantage. Not secondary character and guess what... Beric and Thoros are secondary chracters. Many peope dont' even know who Gendry is, he's not Jon Snow for fangirls. Jon, Tormund, Jorah or Sandor would be tougher losses for many fans.

Ohh..   Teenage girls love Joe Dempsie apparently and "ship" Gendry and Arya.  Frankly, the only reason for Gendry to be brought back and involved in the wight hunt is for him to die.  

And the ice zombies strike me as evil and scary even without a dragon.  I am not sure why there needs to be a dragon dead to level the playing field other than Dan and David want to have a CGI dragon fight between Dany and the Night King.

20 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

The one problem with this is that Grey Worm and the Unsullied are with Dany when she lands at Dragonstone while Theon and Yara are nowhere to be found. So, I think their fleets split up before Dany lands. 

Now, where does the Unsullied attack on CR fit into all this? I have no clue. But keep in mind that those two groups are separated. 

Also, we have to weight what is more of an episode ending, Dany's forces ambushing the Lannisters or THE MEETING of Dany and Jon. 

I think that Dany and Jon meeting is more of an episode ender. That photo we saw of Davos and Jon on the floor while everyone else is standing up seems to be that a dragon is flying above them. Maybe it's Dany returning from the ambush. 

*Side note: that wight hunt better have an amazing justification because it sounds dumb as shit. The only thing I can think of is that they go North on a completely different mission and get ambushed themselves by the NK and the Wights. How Dany fits into this? I have no clue. Maybe through her "connection" with Jon she senses something has gone wrong and flies to help. 

Yep.  Jon and Dany probably meet at the end of Episode 3.  That makes sense.  And the wight hunt is dumb as shit.

32 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Yeah its a real shame that they've ended up like this isn't he?

Well im sorry that not everyone loves jon. 4chan are known for being more vulgar and vocally fed-up  with certain characters compared to other sites its just the general atmosphere there. I've been on those 4chan threads and hes seems genuine to me.

Agreed. 4chan guy also posted about the wight polar bear and Gendry a few days before Awayforthelads did, as KaySen761 on /Freefolk showed. He's legit.

As for 4chan hating Jon, Awayforthelads obvs loves Jon and Jon/Dany. Doesn't make him wrong.

Agreed.

A lot of stuff has to happen in the first four episodes, as far as I can tell, because by Episode 5 Tyrion and Dany are back from the ambush:

Dany separates from Greyjoys and the Sand Snakes. Team Dany lands at Dragonstone sans Greyjoys. [Ep 1?]

Greyjoy forces get curbstomped by Euron. Theon escapes. [Ep 2, maybe? I'm thinking this defeat happens very early on.]

Jaime sacks Highgarden. [Awayforthelads claimed that Ep 3 ends with Jaime allowing Olenna to take poison, but it's a safe bet that whatever happens, the sack has to be well out of the way by the time the ambush happens.]

Jon arrives at Dragonstone, meets Dany. [Ep 2 or 3]

Dany ambush. [Ep 4, probably.]

I can't remember whether Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) did any filming when Jon and Dany are walking around Dragonstone together, but I do know he isn't anywhere to be found in the Episode 5 scene on the beach where Dany is saying goodbye to Jon. That doesn't mean that the Casterly Rock attack has necessarily happened yet, though, just that Grey Worm has already left.

If we break it down into individual battles, it seems like it goes like this:

Team Cersei vs. Team Dany

Round 1: Euron/Ironborn vs. Greyjoys/Sand Snakes

Winner: Cersei

Round 2: Jaime/Lannister forces vs. Highgarden

Round 3: Dany/Dothraki vs. Lannisters

Winner: Dany

Round X (since we don't know where it's placed): Unsullied vs. Casterly Rock

Winner: ???

I wonder if the Casterly Rock attack plan is a reactive move after Cersei's early victories, or whether it's planned very early on before Team Dany gets their nose bloodied by Cersei.

It could be that Dany takes only the Dothraki to the ambush because the Unsullied are already tied up in the Casterly Rock attack.

I'm also wondering what the outcome of the CR attack is. Grey Worm sex suggests he's not long for the world, and although his death doesn't necessarily mean that the attack fails, things might not be going that well if the soldier leading the attack dies.

1 hour ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Yeah, definitely not a polite sort of place to read stuff... but I thought some of what he said seemed genuine, too:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/tripcode/Vg2uZ4bo/page/1/

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

Agreed. 4chan guy also posted about the wight polar bear and Gendry a few days before Awayforthelads did, as KaySen761 on /Freefolk showed. He's legit.

As for 4chan hating Jon, Awayforthelads obvs loves Jon and Jon/Dany. Doesn't make him wrong.

Agreed.

A lot of stuff has to happen in the first four episodes, as far as I can tell, because by Episode 5 Tyrion and Dany are back from the ambush:

Dany separates from Greyjoys and the Sand Snakes. Team Dany lands at Dragonstone sans Greyjoys. [Ep 1?]

Greyjoy forces get curbstomped by Euron. Theon escapes. [Ep 2, maybe? I'm thinking this defeat happens very early on.]

Jaime sacks Highgarden. [Awayforthelads claimed that Ep 3 ends with Jaime allowing Olenna to take poison, but it's a safe bet that whatever happens, the sack has to be well out of the way by the time the ambush happens.]

Jon arrives at Dragonstone, meets Dany. [Ep 2 or 3]

Dany ambush. [Ep 4, probably.]

I can't remember whether Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) did any filming when Jon and Dany are walking around Dragonstone together, but I do know he isn't anywhere to be found in the Episode 5 scene on the beach where Dany is saying goodbye to Jon. That doesn't mean that the Casterly Rock attack has necessarily happened yet, though, just that Grey Worm has already left.

If we break it down into individual battles, it seems like it goes like this:

Team Cersei vs. Team Dany

Round 1: Euron/Ironborn vs. Greyjoys/Sand Snakes

Round 2: Jaime/Lannister forces vs. Highgarden

Round 3: Dany/Dothraki vs. Lannisters

Winner: Dany

Round X (since we don't know where it's placed): Unsullied vs. Casterly Rock

Winner: ???

I wonder if the Casterly Rock attack plan is a reactive move after Cersei's early victories, or whether it's planned very early on before Team Dany gets their nose bloodied by Cersei.

It could be that Dany takes only the Dothraki to the ambush because the Unsullied are already tied up in the Casterly Rock attack.

I'm also wondering what the outcome of the CR attack is. Grey Worm sex suggests he's not long for the world, and although his death doesn't necessarily mean that the attack fails, things might not be going that well if the soldier leading the attack dies.

So, my timeline is a little different. I'm not basing it on the leaks so much, more on how I think it'll play out given the additional information we've learned. 

Episode 1

Dany and the fleet split up. Dany lands in Drangonston with her Unsullied by the end. 

Cersei has her meeting with Tycho, scares the shit out of her plans with Jaime to loot the Tyrells. Jaime head off to the Reach. 

Jon has his scene with the Northern children

Episode 2

Dany hears about the Lannister army making it's way to the Reach. Plans with Tyrion and decides that she can't get to the Reach on time to help her allies but will ambush them in between the Reach and KL. 

Tyrion realizing that if the Lannister are attacking the Reach then CR is going to have minimal protection. Makes secondary plan with Dany and they send Grey Worm and the Unsullied there while everyone else is busy. (We don't see anything of the Unsullied after their arrival in Dragonstone). 

Jon gets word from Dany or decides he needs dragonglass and leaves to Dragonstone.

Jamie begins his attack on Highgarden, having convinced the Tarly's at the beginning of the episode to join them. The episode ends with the defeat of the Tyrell's and Jaime talking to Oleanna. 

Episode 3

Jaime give Oleanna the option and she dies by poison. 

Dany is in position and ambushes the Lannisters and Tarly's as they make their way to King's Landing. She defeats them easily and executes the Tarly's for traders. Jaime escapes with the help of Bronn after always being killed (this might be the scene where Drogon is hit and Jaime goes to attack Dany). 

Jon lands at Dragonstone as he is making his way up the steps a dragon flies by, it's Dany atop Drogon. The episode ends with Dany and Jon meeting.*

Episode 4

Something happens in the North

Euron kicks everyone's butt, because reasons. Theon escapes. 

Dany and Jon begin to know each other - a few days/weeks have passed. Jorah arrives brings important news from the Citadel/Sam. He's found something regarding fighting the WW. 

Newly formed Team Dragonstone talks they are trying to end this, because whatever information Jorah bring might be time-sensitive (?)  or they don't want to loose more men even if they know they can win. It's decided that Tyrion will try to meet with Jaime. Davos offers to sneak him into King's Landing. The Dragonstone parley is not about convincing Cersei but about convincing Jaime to join their side. They know that whatever is left of the Lannister army will follow him. 

Cersei goes crazier. 

Episode 5

Something else happens in the North

Tyrion and Davos head to King's Landing to talk to Jaime. Jaime is furious but agrees to the meeting at the Dragonpit. Bronn seeing that his team is going down gives Tyrion the advice to bring Brienne to the pit, he noticed last season that Jaime has feelings for her. 

Theon arrives, Jon goes down with Missandei to "receive him".  Jon gives him a peace of his mind. 

The team now with the addition of Gendry regroups and the plan to go North his hatched. Some of the go on the Wight Hunt while Davos goes to Winterfell to get Brienne and bring her South with them to help convince Jaime to join their side. 

Cersei and Jaime hear about the Unsullied talking over Casterly Rock, this pushes them to agree to the parlay at the Dragonpit. 

Episode 6

Wight hunt, Dany somehow shows up North, Davos get's Brienne. They make their way South. 

Episode 7

Something happens North, Littlefinger dies. 

Dragonpit parlay takes place, Jaime switches side convinced by Brienne and the wight. Something else happens. 

Newly form Team Life heads North. 

There is a bunch of stuff missing but that's how I sort of see it. When we get more filming information the timeline can be adjusted. 

*ETA: When Dany meets Jon she is wearing her brown leather riding/traveling clothes (according to the leaked pictures.). So, she's either leaving or returning. 

While in all the other photos she's wearing her formal Targaryen style attire. 

14 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

The Dragonstone parley is not about convincing Cersei but about convincing Jaime to join their side. They know that whatever is left of the Lannister army will follow him. 

That's not what the rumors say. And in the end, Jaime rides off by himself, according to the rumor. He doesn't take the army. A one-handed guy rides off alone.

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

That's not what the rumors say. And in the end, Jaime rides off by himself, according to the rumor. He doesn't take the army. A one-handed guy rides off alone.

I'm not entirely basing my speculation on the leaks. 

The leaker has gotten some details wrong and omitted others. I'm simply trying to make sense of the situation. At this point from the information I have based on past season it seems to me that the parlay's use would make more sense if the underlying purpose is to convince Jaime to abandon Cersei. This would explain Brienne's appearance at the Dragonpit when it seems she spends most of the season at Winterfell. 

Of course, once the season starts we'll get other information and my speculation may be mute. 

17 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Why does LF get executed (I'm not saying he doesn't deserved it, but wouldn't Sansa feel some degree of obligation to him?)

I think he must overplay his hand somehow. Sansa knows what he is but she still has an attachment to him, given everything that's happen. Whatever Littlefinger does will finally break that last string that tied her to him and she will have him executed. 

22 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Why does LF get executed (I'm not saying he doesn't deserved it, but wouldn't Sansa feel some degree of obligation to him?)

Obligation to cut off his head. This was funny, from that thread I posted:

>only a fool would trust Littlefinger
>needs Bran to figure out he's a snake
>sees nothing wrong with Arya suddenly turning on her
>would probably try and kill Arya at Littlefinger's insistence if Bran didn't expose him

4 hours ago, kg1982 said:

Ohh..   Teenage girls love Joe Dempsie apparently and "ship" Gendry and Arya.  Frankly, the only reason for Gendry to be brought back and involved in the wight hunt is for him to die.  

And the ice zombies strike me as evil and scary even without a dragon.  I am not sure why there needs to be a dragon dead to level the playing field other than Dan and David want to have a CGI dragon fight between Dany and the Night King.

Not as much as Kit. Not the only reason. He'll make it, as other will die.

Three dragons firing on wights. They would win, not easily but it's upper hand. The  want to make humand the underogs and win, at tremendous cost. I think it will go with Jon vs NK and Dany vs Viserion. Basically tag team on NK and Viserion. Dany will kill Viserion and Jon finish NK in combat. They guy who plays NK is stunt guy, so no need for lines or much acting. Just looking terryfying and can swing a sword.

4 hours ago, MoIaF said:

Maybe, Ironborn and Sand Snakes are ambushed elsewhere. Not part of CR attack.

Unsullied seems to be sent out to attack CR, as it will be empty or not so well guarded. Tyrion in the leaks plans some attack through sewer system.

Wight hunt is reasonable but sounds dumb to many people. The only option is to catch a wight. I see no other reason going Beyond the Wall, easier would be preparing for attack on the Wall.

I don't think Dany has any spiritual "connection" to Jon.it ain't Star Wars... more likely Bran send her vision or manipulate. Maybe Dany has bad feeling but Bran's options sounds better.

Isn't one of the leaks that Bran sends ravens to Eastwatch? Why would he do that? Is it to Tormund there with Thoros, Beric and Sandor? Or is it after Jon & the crew gets there? Or even later, when it seems Gendry is there?

Something about those ravens furthers the plot. But what plot? (Let's pretend the show actually recognizes the use of consistent plot, for convenience sake.)

Archived