Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

1 hour ago, Evarei said:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Snow_bear

Like this one I guess.

I'd rather they threw money at Ghost (who it seems will be doing nothing, stuck at Winterfell, all season) or an Ice Spider. The latter has been brought up on the show already. Would be cool to actually see one.

They really don't like to be fussed with direwolves. Are they that much more time and money-consuming?

Well, as far as I know they film the scenes without the wolves and then they film real wolves who live in Canada . Later they enhance them and insert them into the scenes. In order to film the wolves they need to send part of the crew to the place where the wolves live and filming with animals is always time consuming and due to this also expensive. They also use a bit of CGI which expensive as well. So, yes the direwolves are time and money-consuming, but what I don't know is why they don't make them completely animated like they do it with the dragons who appear far more often. On top of that a lot of money is spend on other CGI stuff which I personally consider a bit less important than the wolves are (landscapes, etc.) at least when we look at how important the wolves are to the Starks. My conclusion is that it's time consuming and expensive and due to this I can understand why we don't get as many direwolves scenes as dragon scenes. However, I would like to see them a bit more often than we currently do. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there was a video about the making of the direvolves in the extra stuff of one of the past seasons. 

I have to agree on the Ice Spider part. If we can't get Ghost than I would personally prefer an Ice Spider over a Bear, just because the Ice Spiders sound really interesting. 

1 hour ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

This wight hunt sounds so dumb and for the worst reasons

I agree completely. 

The NI filming information about the lake filming should put to rest any notion that Awayforthelads only knew about the Spain filming. 

I think 4chan dude may have had legit inside information. 

4chan dude's spoilers/foilers, posted towards the end of October:

1. Euron vs. Yara: Euron burns Yara's fleet with a bunch of fireballs. Boards Yara's ship and starts slaughtering people. Stabs Obara in the stomach, bashes Nym's head against a railing, grabs Yara. Theon panics and jumps.

2. Dany ambush: Dany attacks Randyll and Dickon's caravan loot thing with Drogon and Dothraki. Jaime and Bronn show up with the Lannister army. Lots of Lannister and Tarly slaughter by Team Dany. Bronn shoots Drogon with an arrow-launching ballista and downs Drogon, but Drogon survives. Jaime charges at Dany and gets close to killing her but Drogon is about to roast him, so Bronn runs in at the last second and saves Jaime by knocking him into the water. Tyrion is watching Jaime ride to his death from a distance the whole time. Bronn saves Jaime from drowning.

3. Wight hunt: Polar bear wight bitchslaps Jon and he's pretty useless for the rest of the fight. Beric and Thoros both have fire swords, but Jon doesn't. Gendry takes out a polar bear wight with a warhammer.

4. Lake (quoting word for word, bolding this because there's some confusion over what 4chan dude said): "Reddit guy is wrong if he called it an island but it does take place by a lot of the water so what difference does it make. Because they're not even really on an island. They're like by the edge of the water on pack ice and the dragons make it worse by melting away a lot of it. I think the dragons melt away the ice around them as they burn up the wights."

5. Winterfell: There's a sequence where Bran controls a flock of ravens and sends them to Eastwatch.

4chan's information about the ambush has been partially confirmed by WOTW (big Dany ambush, Lannister vs. Tyrell, Randyll, Jaime and Bronn involved, etc.). 

Actually WOTW showing a northern scene with a lake confirms that they will be filming an outdoor northern scene in the cold weather, as they mentioned months ago. also, during the filming sequence on dragon stone, what do you think jon was discussing with dany? dont you think it is possible that he was telling her about his planned expedition to hunt for a wight? dont you think it might be possible that THIS is the reason this  northern plot was known by awayforthelads?  also in the last scene on dragonstone, we see jon and his men, as well as Jorah, sailing away, possibly heading toward the expedition eventually. They use storyboards, before the actors even show up.  the other information on bran or anyone else in the north was never mentioned at wotw.  winterfell  remains a mystery, as does melissandre, arya, sansa, sam gilly littlefinger and Icould go on. they have been filming up there for weeks now.  we continue to know very little. we only have confirmation of the general southern stories as well as a picture of a location beyond the wall. again, story boards can tell the general story before the actors even show up.

4chan guy posted his "spoilers" AFTER Lads. He only added a few things to what Lads had said, and none of those things have been in any way verified. The parts about ambush were in Lads's leak first. Don't spread such misinformation.          He was actually wrong about the spot on which the wight battle will take place and obviously about Jon. We know from Lads how the wight hunt goes for Jon. He mentioned nothing about Jon clashing with the bear and getting injured or whatever. Jon will be fighting the wights and for long after everyone's gone and then will be saved by Benjen, he's not getting incapacitated by a bear (unless it's for like a moment) after what we've seen of him in combat in previous seasons. LOL The dude came out of his woodwork right after this latest WoTW article had been posted (of course) and now claims it takes all of them to fight one wight bear LOL what do  they suddenly forget fire kills wights when that bear attacks? And eventually warhammer does it? How? The 4chan guy sounds like a disgruntled child who hates the show, Jon and the showrunners, his silly commentary gives him away. He's trolling.

I still find it hard to believe in those leaks. Yes, the leaks match all of the photos. However, why are there so many photos? It seems like this new location should be pretty secure. How are people infiltrating the filming  zones and taking pics? It just seems like if  the leaks were true, then the production would take extra steps to secure filming locations. Maybe this happens every season, and I just don't remember? I think it is odd. In fact the more confirmations that come through, the more suspicious I get about the validity of these leaks. 

2 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

So, yes the direwolves are time and money-consuming, but what I don't know is why they don't make them completely animated like they do it with the dragons who appear far more often.

Hair is insanely expensive to render with CGI, far moreso than dragon scales (listen to Pixar animators talking about the challenge of Violet's hair in The Incredibles, or how Merida's hair in Brave required some really complex programming design to create) -- particularly since wolves are real, and therefore the audience will assess them different than fantasy creatures, so flaws are more evident.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

Hair is insanely expensive to render with CGI, far moreso than dragon scales (listen to Pixar animators talking about the challenge of Violet's hair in The Incredibles, or how Merida's hair in Brave required some really complex programming design to create) -- particularly since wolves are real, and therefore the audience will assess them different than fantasy creatures, so flaws are more evident.

Didn't know that thanks for the input. Well then I guess using real wolves is the less expensive alternative.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

3. Wight hunt: Polar bear wight bitchslaps Jon and he's pretty useless for the rest of the fight. Beric and Thoros both have fire swords, but Jon doesn't. Gendry takes out a polar bear wight with a warhammer.

I simply don't believe Jon will be useless as the yguy who has a lot of combat experience and Gendry for example will do good. Who has none. He obviously can fight but it fits that Jon fights off horde after the wight bear attack.

The "wight hunt" destroys so many people's characters it isn't even funny.  First, along with being a moron for coming up in the strategy, Jon walks into an ambush again.  The showrunners are making him into the stupidest person alive; he is a mindless action hero who should not be allowed to rule anything.  Second, Davos really just hops on the Drogon express and doesn't stay by Jon's side.  In what world does that happen?  

And if Dan and David have decided they don't care about plots or characterizations and are just going for mindless action and sex and pure fanservice, then in what world does Jon not get to ride a dragon?  Dany saving Jon on Drogon is at least a cool visual, not like the disjointed garbage being reported.  

Only way to prove it is by bringing a proof, not Cersei but all of them. Even Dany seems hesitant to commit men and WW are just legends at this point. Walks into ambush?They fight a bear and NK can probably sense them, like he did with Bran in his vision. He's powerful and Jon is dealing with supernatural element.

Maybe Jon wants to buy them time or they simply can't get to him unless wights could attack them. So many options.

Davos is not even part of this fight.

44 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

The "wight hunt" destroys so many people's characters it isn't even funny.  First, along with being a moron for coming up in the strategy, Jon walks into an ambush again.  The showrunners are making him into the stupidest person alive; he is a mindless action hero who should not be allowed to rule anything.  Second, Davos really just hops on the Drogon express and doesn't stay by Jon's side.  In what world does that happen?  

And if Dan and David have decided they don't care about plots or characterizations and are just going for mindless action and sex and pure fanservice, then in what world does Jon not get to ride a dragon?  Dany saving Jon on Drogon is at least a cool visual, not like the disjointed garbage being reported.  

How so? It makes perfect sense. They need evidence to try to win the south on their side. What other choice do they or you think they can do? All I can think of is they do something cliche like have the North fight alone and at the last minute get saved by Dany. Everyone lives happily ever after.

Why does Davos have to stay by Jon's side? He didn't stay on Stannis' side all the time. He leaves to go on missions.

1 minute ago, jbob said:

How so? It makes perfect sense. They need evidence to try to win the south on their side. What other choice do they or you think they can do? All I can think of is they do something cliche like have the North fight alone and at the last minute get saved by Dany. Everyone lives happily ever after.

Cersei just murdered hundreds of people in a terrorist act.  Why the heck would she be interested in helping Jon, who is a rebel against the Crown, and Dany, who wants Cersei's throne?  Thinking that she wants to do so makes Jon a stupid person.  Even Ned Stark would say..  wow, you are dumb as rocks buddy.  And not only that but Jon, who is the king BTW, leads the dumb suicide mission himself rather than having Tormund or someone do it.  But hey, Kit Harington is good with action sequences so who cares about having a coherent plot.

Why does Davos have to stay by Jon's side? He didn't stay on Stannis' side all the time. He leaves to go on missions.

Davos is going to save his own butt by getting a ride on Dany's dragon and leaving his king to die.  Okay then.

45 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Only way to prove it is by bringing a proof, not Cersei but all of them. Even Dany seems hesitant to commit men and WW are just legends at this point. Walks into ambush?They fight a bear and NK can probably sense them, like he did with Bran in his vision. He's powerful and Jon is dealing with supernatural element.

Maybe Jon wants to buy them time or they simply can't get to him unless wights could attack them. So many options.

Davos goes with Jon on the mission.  The leaker got the people who go on the mission wrong.  And it really is Jon being an incredibly naive and stupid person again.  I would like him to be competent for once.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I simply don't believe Jon will be useless as the yguy who has a lot of combat experience and Gendry for example will do good. Who has none. He obviously can fight but it fits that Jon fights off horde after the wight bear attack.

This 4chan sccop comes form a self-proclamed Jon hater (and show hater). He even calls his fans 'Jonfags'. I wouldn't pay attention to his condescending commentary and trolling (he's totally obnoxious in every comment he made about each 'spoiler' he gave). He would totally blow the possibility of Jon getting knocked down for a moment out of proportion (by saying he gets KOed/bitchslapped. I mean bitchslapped? lol come on), and he  purposely ignored that Jon's up against the wights kicking ass some time later (the polar bear fight happens way before the wight battle).

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon Snow doing this to convince Dany makes more sense than him doing it to convince Cersei...until you consider that Dany has a damn dragon.  

Dany likes Jon according to the leaker.  So if she's skeptical about what he's saying, why can't she just fly North of the Wall and check it out?  Why does Jon (and Jorah) have to risk their necks to convince her when a simple flyover will give her proof?  It's not like she's in a rush to take KL by the sound of things.  They jetpack characters all over the place, but Dany with her actual jetpacks can't quickly fly North?   

That's why this whole thing doesn't make sense to me, even ignoring the possibility that they might be doing this to convince Cersei, which would be even more ridiculous than doing it to convince Dany.  After all the crap Cersei's done, risking their necks to ally with her would be the most retarded thing this show has ever pulled, if that is really the reason for the wight hunt.  

No matter how I break it down and try to justify it, the wight hunt is just nonsensical.  

It will look cool on screen though.  With D&D, that's really all that matters.  Oh well.  

2 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

Davos goes with Jon on the mission.  The leaker got the people who go on the mission wrong.  And it really is Jon being an incredibly naive and stupid person again.  I would like him to be competent for once.

No, Davos stays at Eastwatch. Jon, Tormund, Jorah, Beric, Hound, Thoros and Gendry goes.

Jon was,is and will be competent, he's trying his best to prove what is coming for them.

Yep.  As long as Kit gets an action sequence for the year and it looks visually awesome, then the plot and the character's motives don't actually matter.  Oh and we will throw in a really hokey sex scene between the two mains to keep the 15-year-old girls happy.

Sheesh, and I have been a defender of the show.  I thought Season 6 was good but this is awful.

yep she could as well just fly there herself to see it from up above or simply rely on Jorah as the witness (she trusts him again, doesn't she?) so they don't have to get close to the wights, just observe them from afar and get back to her.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

No, Davos stays at Eastwatch. Jon, Tormund, Jorah, Beric, Hound, Thoros and Gendry goes.

Jon was,is and will be competent, he's trying his best to prove what is coming for them.

Actually, the wight hunt itself suggests that Jon is a moron.  Anyone with even the most basic political acumen would know that allying with Cersei is a bad idea.  And Davos just stupidly cooling his heels at Eastwatch goes against his character; why is he just hanging out there.  It also goes against what Liam Cunningham has said - i.e. that he was involved in a big action sequence this season.

Archived