NFL 2016 Week 7: Nobody's Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

10 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It's... better... than the last one, but the way whats-her-face has to do that weird slink-shuffle in those ridiculous heels just makes me feel like I'm being watched.

It makes me think of Zelda from Pet Semetary. 

Bad day for streaking teams. Vikings had won 5 in a row. Skins, Bills had won 4 in a row and all lost. Falcons could easily be 6-0 if Pass Interference still existed in the final 30 seconds of games for Julio Jones. 

But a great day for awful teams. I think we have a really intriguing race for the #1 pick between the Browns, Bears and 49ers. Bears took the conventional path by conveniently having their QB who was playing a little too well break his arm and then promptly go into the tank without him on TNF. Browns gave up a halftime Hail Mary right when they were looking frisky (again). And I was impressed when the 49ers kicked a FG inside the 10 yard line down 13 points with 5 minutes to go. I feel like all 3 have been studying up. Who's going to blink? 

1 minute ago, Quijote Light said:

It makes me think of Zelda from Pet Semetary. 

Dude, trigger warning. 

8 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Bad day for streaking teams. Vikings had won 5 in a row. Skins, Bills had won 4 in a row and all lost. Falcons could easily be 6-0 if Pass Interference still existed in the final 30 seconds of games for Julio Jones. 

But a great day for awful teams. I think we have a really intriguing race for the #1 pick between the Browns, Bears and 49ers. Bears took the conventional path by conveniently having their QB who was playing a little too well break his arm and then promptly go into the tank without him on TNF. Browns gave up a halftime Hail Mary right when they were looking frisky (again). And I was impressed when the 49ers kicked a FG inside the 10 yard line down 13 points with 5 minutes to go. I feel like all 3 have been studying up. Who's going to blink? 

Dude, trigger warning. 

6 QBs in 7 games is conventional?  Here I was thinking they were going above and beyond to make sure they got it. 

3 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Dear Santa, please make Jim Irsay hire Josh McDaniels. Please... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would actually be very interested in seeing that. Either he's the same asshole he was in Denver and alienates Luck his first week, or he actually learned his lesson(s) and helps Luck reach his potential.

win/win for non colts fans.

20 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Dude, trigger warning. 

I literally saw the look of terror on John Fox's face when Hoyer went down and he realized he was probably gonna have to put Cutler back in and risk that the petulant bastard would just decide to Alshon Jefferies a couple of teams into submission.

4 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

I would actually be very interested in seeing that. Either he's the same asshole he was in Denver and alienates Luck his first week, or he actually learned his lesson(s) and helps Luck reach his potential.

win/win for non colts fans.

Win/win for me as well. I like Andrew Luck way too much to condemn him to a career of being maligned by hacks like Kalbear if the Colts don't get their heads out of their feet.

5 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

6 QBs in 7 games is conventional?  Here I was thinking they were going above and beyond to make sure they got it. 

Browns have impressed me with how professionally they've gone about tanking. Both in their relentless search to find a QB who's best at it and how competitive they are for 40 minutes each game before it all goes to hell. I admire craftsmen of all types.

6 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Yeah I get that. It's mostly the irony aspect for me, as he's having his first bad game as a Viking against the team was supposed to be so bad that it would've "ruined" his career if he had stayed there and played this year.

Neither team has offensive talent, and it showed in this game.  Vikings ended up with 300 total yards after a garbage TD drive at the end, but both teams were sitting at about 200 for most of the game, with a combined 7 turnovers.

Keep in mind that Bradford has the fastest release of any quarterback in the league this year, and yet was still hit 19 fucking times in this game. If they can't figure out what to do with that offensive line they completely implode. Vikes defense played great in this one and they still lost.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Win/win for me as well. I like Andrew Luck way too much to condemn him to a career of being maligned by hacks like Kalbear if the Colts don't get their heads out of their feet.

Well, at least tonight it's looking a lot like Luck is better than Wilson. 

Just now, Kalbear said:

Well, at least tonight it's looking a lot like Luck is better than Wilson. 

Yeah, well, Wilson's coaching staff has decided a QB with zero mobility needs to be the focal point of the offense behind a bad line instead of their good RB. Who the hell runs an RB like CMike only 4 times in the first half? 

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I've been waiting for you...

Okay, did that not sound creepy in your head?

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Yeah, well, Wilson's coaching staff has decided a QB with zero mobility needs to be the focal point of the offense behind a bad line instead of their good RB. Who the hell runs an RB like CMike only 4 times in the first half? 

Like I said earlier, Wilson's mobility and improvisational skills covers up a LOT of really stupid playcalling from Seattle. And I'm not sure their line is going to be  that much better either - they might have a decent RB, but their line is utter garbage. 

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Okay, did that not sound creepy in your head?

:P I'm bored after a lackluster afternoon and at best serviceable early slate. I don't suppose you've neglected to share some promising political news in the elections thread?

And are you watching games again?

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

:P I'm bored after a lackluster afternoon and at best serviceable early slate. I don't suppose you've neglected to share some promising political news in the elections thread?

And are you watching games again?

Nah, just seeing twitter feeds from friends lamenting shitty Seahawks. 

In political news, there's this nugget that might make you feel better:

Archived