NFL 2016 Week 7: Nobody's Burfict

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Absolutely, but don't do it on my say so. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I get it.

No, I love draft day, I've just always thereafter had growing guilt as I start to let it slip over time and my friends get annoyed. But yeah, I should give it another shot.

2 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I've never done fantasy football. Never will. I can't bring myself to want to root for other teams' players.

There was a time when I thought that way. Before I got hooked. Thing is, you really only have to root against them when they are playing your team. There's a distinction to be made there. 

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

There was a time when I thought that way. Before I got hooked. Thing is, you really only have to root against them when they are playing your team. There's a distinction to be made there. 

Yeah, but I just don't want to have to do it. Plus I'm sure I'd probably get hooked if I started. Quitting smoking was bad enough.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

I've never done fantasy football. Never will. I can't bring myself to want to root for other teams' players.

Do like I do.  Don't draft players you hate.  In 4 years of playing, I have only ever had 3 players from the Giants, Eagles, or Redskins on my team.  If he fell to me in the third round, I might take Beckham. I traded my Eagle this year as soon as I could.  

It helps that outside of those 3 teams, I don't particularly hate anyone else, especially on the useful teams. 

6 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Talk at me 'bout dat Total War.

It's a hybrid strategy game; grand strategy is turn-based, but the battles are real time. There are a few versions covering different eras; Rome, Medieval Europe, Sengoku Jidai, Age of Empires, and Napoleonic with many expansions such as Alexander, the Crusades, the Conquistadors, etc. And a million mods covering a range of historical or fictional stages, including realms like Middle Earth and Westeros. 

There's one for Warhammer, but I have yet to play that so can't comment. I'm in love with these games, and I don't play many. I want to try Crusader Kings 2 when I get back home; I've heard great things.

5 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

It's a hybrid strategy game; grand strategy is turn-based, but the battles are real time. There are a few versions covering different eras; Rome, Medieval Europe, Sengoku Jidai, Age of Empires, and Napoleonic with many expansions such as Alexander, the Crusades, the Conquistadors, etc. And a million mods covering a range of historical or fictional stages, including realms like Middle Earth and Westeros. 

There's one for Warhammer, but I have yet to play that so can't comment. I'm in love with these games, and I don't play many. I want to try Crusader Kings 2 when I get back home; I've heard great things.

Warhammer one is great.

4 hours ago, James Arryn said:

I'm partial to Attila, meself. 

Archived