Assassin's Creed movie thread. Contain spoilers.

Jon's Queen Consort

1 minute ago, Crazydog7 said:

Well I was 10 so to be fair my poor mother did. 

Well, if she went with you to the movies for that you owe her big. Not just for the tickets, but for the time of her life she spent at the cinema. 

Anyway, talking about horrible movie adaptions. Doom was described by Dwayne Johnson as trying and failing to make a good movie adaption. 

I see the failing part. But that was their attempt to make a good movie? Not that a FPS like Doom was ever going to make a good movie. But if that was their attempt to make a good movie, I glad they did not try to make a horrible movie (though, they at least would have succeeded at that).

Though, I am somewhat waiting for that Wolfenstein movie. There's at least some more plot than with Doom, and it could work as good B-Movie. But the problem with most movie adaptions is, that studios use them as cash grabs. They don't need to do much in terms of marketing, and they don't bother to make a good movie. So they lack a good script. 

7 minutes ago, Notone said:

I see the failing part. But that was their attempt to make a good movie? Not that a FPS like Doom was ever going to make a good movie. But if that was their attempt to make a good movie, I glad they did not try to make a horrible movie (though, they at least would have succeeded at that).

To be honest, I've never gotten the hate for Doom. It's not a good movie, but it's not a bad one either.

Ok, seen it now. 

Not particularly great. The movie felt somewhat disjointed. Will post the rest as spoilers to avoid spoiling.

Spoiler

Cal's story was okayish, and so was Cotillard's Sophia. Okayish, but not great. My real problem was more with the ancestors bit. While the games managed make the ancestors real characters, with a real story and interactions with historic figures (which is a big bit of the fun part), the movie failed to do that. I can't even remember his name tbh, his only purpose was the action scenes. So him and his fellow inquisition assassins turned out to be terribly flat characters (and that's putting it nicely). I know, the movie length played a role. But it really would have been better they had made LOTR length movie and developed an actual story/background for Cal's ancestor, than making this movie. So it was like one of the Desmond/Ezio AC games, if the game had only the Demond bits and a few cutscene's for Ezio without much dialogue. 

We just got back from seeing it, ... What I don't understand --besides math-- is why they never mention Islam or Christianity specifically.... or for that matter, Isabella & Ferdinand .... basically much of the plot is centered around the Islamic invasion -and eventual expulsion-- of the Iberian peninsula, .... I can only assume that they didn't think American audiences would "root for" Fassenbender's character if they knew he was Muslim...

regardless, the best parts of the movie --fir me-- were when they were in the past...

Archived