Assassin's Creed movie thread. Contain spoilers.

Jon's Queen Consort

There were so many awful awesome video game to Movie adaptions. 

Good portion of the corpus of Uwe Boll's body of work consists of those. And the German Tarrantino is the most underestimated director of all time.

Blood Rayne, Dungeon Siege, Postal (that one is actually awesome when you don't watch it in a state of total sobriety). Hell, he even wanted to make a Metal Gear Solid adaption, but that prude Kojima objected. 

Also, don't forget the great non-Boll video game movies: the Super Mario movie, or Double Dragon. 

4 minutes ago, Notone said:

There were so many awful awesome video game to Movie adaptions. 

Good portion of the corpus of Uwe Boll's body of work consists of those. And the German Tarrantino is the most underestimated director of all time.

Blood Rayne, Dungeon Siege, Postal (that one is actually awesome when you don't watch it in a state of total sobriety). Hell, he even wanted to make a Metal Gear Solid adaption, but that prude Kojima objected. 

Also, don't forget the great non-Boll vidego game movies: the Super Mario movie, or Double Dragon. 

The first Mortal Kombat movie was awesome 'get over here' :) !!! Also the original Mario Brothers with John Legizamo and Bob Hoskins is still one of my favorites.   The 1st Final Fantasy movie, Spirits within was an excellent film, and it pushed the CGI game forward big time.

Just now, generalzod said:

Didn't Uwe Boll challenge a critic who savaged his "films" to a boxing match to settle the dispute of whether they were crap or not?

Yes. He, did, and he beat up those who stepped into the ring with him, as they thought it was publicity stunt or for a charity or something, and boy were they mistaken. And he also said that Tarrantino is a total fraud, who makes poor movies on that occasion; and I think he might have challenged him, too, iirc. Boll's hubris is kinda hillarious. BUT he in all honesty managed to make a movie that did not suck a few years ago. Darfur. Well over 90% of his movies are hillariously poor, but that movie is a bit like even the broken clock being occasionally right for movie directors. 

4 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Mario Brothers with John Legizamo and Bob Hoskins

That's the one I meant, was too lazy to look up what the movie was acutally called, and it was the one movie the late Bob Hoskins would have liked to sratch from vita. And rightly, so.

28 minutes ago, Notone said:

Yes. He, did, and he beat up those who stepped into the ring with him, as they thought it was publicity stunt or for a charity or something, and boy were they mistaken.

But then when a critic who actually had some fight training offered to show up too, Boll mysteriously went missing.

I will act surprised. Of course beating up a bunch of guys who are not in peak shape and talk smack about your movies is one thing. Getting your ass kicked by somebody who is a bigger bully, that is probably less fun. 

1 hour ago, generalzod said:

Bob Hoskins was a criminally underused actor.  If you saw him play a Brit gangster you'd have thought he would have had a more remarkable career.

Even Irons and Caine have a healthy number of awesome films to make up for their cash grab stinkers

I loved his career, one of the most memorable actors from my childhood, Mermaids, Hook, The Wall, Enemy at the Gates, Mario Brothers. LOVE HIM!!!

8 hours ago, generalzod said:

Irons Agent:  There's an offer for you to play the proper British Chauffer  in "Transexual Clown Car:  The Movie."  It costars an up and comer named Carrot Top and someone named RuPaul.  There's also a CGI werewolf.  There's technically not a script, just random dialogue written on cocktail napkins.

Irons:  Sounds positively dreadful.   How much does it pay?

Irons Agent: 5 million for 3 weeks. Ian McKellan is next on their list. 

Irons: I'm IN!  Suck it, Gandalf!

To use Michael Caine's famous quote which I'm sure applies to Irons:

"I have never seen the film (Jaws: The Revenge), but by all accounts it is terrible.  However I have seen the house it built, and it is terrific."

5 hours ago, Notone said:

That's the one I meant, was too lazy to look up what the movie was acutally called, and it was the one movie the late Bob Hoskins would have liked to sratch from vita. And rightly, so.

I think, given the choice of only one film to scrap, Bob would have preferred to keep Mario Brothers and ditch his turn as Odin in Son of The Mask. (A film I actually saw in a theatre, believe it or not. My stepson was a huge fan of the first movie.)

ETA - SoTM also stinks up the filmography of Alan Cumming, who plays Loki, a bit of casting that must surely have seemed like a license to print money at the time.

Around the time of the passing I recall reading an article (I think it was guardian online) where Hoskins said Mario Bros was the one movie he wished he'd never made.

Son of the Mask was poor. I mean a Jim Carrey Comedy sequel, without Jim Carrey, that should have been sufficient warning. But Mario Bros. ugh.

Ok, simple search yielded a Guardian interview.

8 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Tom Bombadil was the highlight of Fellowship. 

I never finished Two Towers. Probably due to lack of Bombadil. 

Thank you.... I am so tired of all of the Bombadil dismissers. He id my favorite character in the series. His lack of inclusion takes away one of the most powerful themes in the books which is what hey are fighting for on a global level.

Archived