Rhaegar is Illyrio

Illyrio Mo'Parties

5 minutes ago, The Hammer of Justice said:

No no, Arthur Dayne fled north and met the children of the forest, he is the three-eyed crow now and he is teaching Bran, notice that Bloodraven has a ruby eye, that's actually Arthur Dayne disguised as Bloodraven using a glamour eye

He did that after the Trident. Cause remember, Elder Brother fixed him up.

4 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

There are other clues as well. Rhaegar is a descendant of Aegon the Unworthy, who was fat only later in life, just as Illyrio is now.

It also explains why Illyrio uses Viserys and Dany as pawns in his game - he knows that Aegon is the promised prince.

One assumes his battered body landed on the Quiet Isle, got healed by the Elder Brother (who washed up there at the same time), and then he took a ship to Pentos, and killed the real Illyrio Mopatis to impersonate him. That guy was not related to Aegon the Unworthy, explaining why it doesn't make any sense that the real Illyrio would grow so fat.

The whole Blackfyre angle never made sense, anyway. 

That's why I always had Illyrio pegged as a descendant of Bittersteel and Calla Blackfyre. Illyrio seems to parallel Aegon IV in so many ways and explains the blood connection to the Golden Company.

39 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Sadly I don't think it glows or pulses, which seems to be the telltale sign of a glamour. But let's not let that get in the way here. It's more fun without such facts. :D

Illyrio is obviously rich enough to buy the really high quality magical glamour rubies. You know, the ones that don't glitch all the time like whatever tacky ass second hand Ivanka Trump rhinestone Melisandre has. 

5 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

When did we decide Illyrio's appearance is a glamour? I don't recall any pulsing rubies on him. You might like my new theory.

How is Aegon the second coming of Egg? He's not remotely bald.

1. He's always said to be unusually light on his feet for such a tub of guts, and then there's all the rings and the weird beard and such. Seems very glamourous.

2. Yes but he's the perfect prince who cares about the reg'lar people. He's probably going to have another go at Egg's reforms.

4 hours ago, Seams said:

3) Tywin has a problem with up-jumped spice merchants. But he supposedly had a behind-the-scenes alliance with Rhaegar to try to crown him and get rid of the Mad King. So how would you reconcile Tywin's warm relationship with Rhaegar and his antipathy for spice merchants?

Like so: I think Tywin's "warm relationship" has been drastically overstated. Just because he preferred Rhaegar as king doesn't mean he liked Rhaegar personally, and it certainly doesn't mean that Rhaegar liked Tywin, or that Rhaegar wanted to usurp his father. Indeed, the only time we get Rhaegar's perspective is in Jaime's recollection, and the clear inference is that, whatever options had previously been available to him vis a vis usurpation, he had declined them. So no, I don't think him and Tywin were in cahoots.

Either that or Rhaegar knows that posing as a merchant is the last thing Tywin would expect

4 hours ago, Lyin' Ned said:

In before someone posts a passage about one of his many rings being a...DUN DUN DUN...ruby! Because y'all know what that means! Say it together, kids: IT'S A GLAMOUR!

That's right

3 hours ago, The Hammer of Justice said:

Rhaegar doesn't need glamours you silly, he fled the trident after his loss, and went to Braavos to be trained by the faceless men. And the faceless men said: "- Yo, why you using those noob glamours? We know a technique to steal people's ID waaaaay better than this!" and Rhaegar was like "- Yo, please teach me!!" and the FM " - Yo, there is a price you know, it costs one dragon egg!" and Rhaegar "Duuuuude, I'm a Targaryen, I gots lots of dragon eggs, you can even choose the color!"

If you're not gonna take this seriously then you can git out

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

2) they're Lyanna's. Despite the best efforts of the half-maester at the tower of joy, they could never get the arteries and veins to stay sealed. This is why her bed was covered in blood when Ned found her. Obviously Ned didn't want anyone to know about this, so he never allows himself to think much about his sister or her boyfriend's freaky hand fetish.

Heh

Minus 'glamour' I have to say the startling idea that Rhaegar could have fled an aged into an obese petulant cheese master with breasts like bags of suet is kind of appealing.

Why can't I come up with these ideas? What's wrong with me?

4 hours ago, Castellan said:

Minus 'glamour' I have to say the startling idea that Rhaegar could have fled an aged into an obese petulant cheese master with breasts like bags of suet is kind of appealing.

Why can't I come up with these ideas? What's wrong with me?

You just need practice, that's all. :grouphug:

Just now, Lady Blizzardborn said:

You just need practice, that's all. :grouphug:

It all depends on when you started with the first book... I guess if you have read the books several times now, things will become clearer and clearer. Also, the long wait is of course part of the experience.

#AndNowMyWaitHasEnded should go viral on twitter (if it is still around then) when ADOS will be released as the final book.

Archived