Fragile Bird

Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

182 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Leap said:

Another event! Lasting from Thursday evening UTC for 7 days. 

- Increased Rock spawns. Not a lot of rock types, but Golem, Rhydon and Tyranitar are all huge in the gym meta, so definitely worthwhile.

- Buddies will earn candies 4x faster. 

- More items from stops

- Also discount Pokeballs from the store, and a new type of hat. 

Looks like fun. Glad it will last a week.

When did this start? Today?

29 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

When did this start? Today?

This coming Thursday.

Posted (edited)

Yep, the event begins this time tomorrow.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:34 PM, Maltaran said:

Kabutops is one of only three gen 1 mon that I don't have yet, and I'm less than halfway there in terms of candy, so if this results in more Kabuto spawns that would be great, and the 4x candy will help with getting Charizard and Venusaur.

Agreed. Kabuto is very rare for me, and I wouldn't mind seeing more Omanyte too. Frankly though, all Rock types are pretty good, so as with the Grass type event I'll not be looking to catch as much as I can - hopefully it's a bit more noticeable an increase in spawns.

As for walking a buddy, I'm very much torn on what to walk, but I think I'll end up trying to round up the last few Pokemon on my Generation 1 Dex - Voltorb, Exxeggutor, Dugtrio, etc. Probably makes more sense to stick to walking a Pokemon that requires 5km/candy, but I'll never get around to getting these other Pokemon otherwise.

Edited by Leap

I finally got the candy to evolve my Dragonite, but then I caught a really good Dratini, so I used 25 to evolve a Dragonair and still need another 12 candy for the Dragonite. It has taken forever to collect the candy.

A park I go to had two weeks of Kabuto nests last fall, and I collected everything I needed back then.

Yeah, a Kabuto nest popped up a while ago by me and I loaded up.  My Kabutops isn't overly powerful, but useful in gyms...

I only walk the ones I want to power up, the rest I'll find enough of in due time.

Hatched a Tyrogue this afternoon for Pokemon number 200...

On 5/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I finally got the candy to evolve my Dragonite, but then I caught a really good Dratini, so I used 25 to evolve a Dragonair and still need another 12 candy for the Dragonite. It has taken forever to collect the candy.

A park I go to had two weeks of Kabuto nests last fall, and I collected everything I needed back then.

If you ever find yourself in the Twin Cities, there are some spots that have reliable Dratinis.

That is also why I wait now for enough Candy to get to the third stage evolution now instead of evolving to the second right away.

34 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

If you ever find yourself in the Twin Cities, there are some spots that have reliable Dratinis.

That is also why I wait now for enough Candy to get to the third stage evolution now instead of evolving to the second right away.

I'm sure there must be a Dratini nest out there somewhere, but I have not found it...

I thought there were no nests for the best ones? 

Anyway, since the event started, I've caught two Rhyhorns and a shiny Magikarp and my 4km that I had already walked with Chansey seems to have been turned into candy, so I'm liking this event so far.

9 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'm sure there must be a Dratini nest out there somewhere, but I have not found it...

I don't think Dratini nest, but they like woods, grass, watery areas in high density places.

I've caught three dratinis in the wild.  They all appeared near the same pond around the same time of the day, a few weeks apart.

I had up to 6 Pokemon in gyms yesterday. Still have 4 hanging on, though I've forgotten what gym one of them is in! :lol:

It's so weird how different places can be.  At my last house, it was dratini all the time.  I have several draganair because I didn't realize there was a third evolution for it and kept evolving dratinis.

Well, so far the rock event is much better than the Grass was. I'm up to my ears in Geodude, Slugma, Kabuto, Omanyte and Rhydon. I've also caught an Onyx and a Skarmory.

Managed to evolve another Golem and my 100% Onyx today. I think I'll hold off on evolving anything else just yet though - never know what I'll catch in the next few days.

I do get a kick looking at this thread and seeing people who never played the original game and absolutely love Pokemon Go.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

It's so weird how different places can be.  At my last house, it was dratini all the time.  I have several draganair because I didn't realize there was a third evolution for it and kept evolving dratinis.

You're gonna want to get on that. Dragonknight is (or at least was) the strongest non-legendary Pokemon in the game. 

The rock event has brought me out of retirement.  (or, now that I can catch new things, I'm not bored anymore)

Caught enough Slugmas this morning to evolve Magcargo and I've caught 2 each of Kabutops and Omastar.  I'm now at 215 pokemon.  Only need 4 more gen 1 to have all available to North America.  21 Gen 2's to go.

68. Machamp (50/100)
139. Omastar (9/50)
141. Kabutops (9/50)
149. Dragonite (67/100)

Picked up three more Onix today, but im holding off evolving a Steelix in case a better Onix comes along...

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Picked up three more Onix today, but im holding off evolving a Steelix in case a better Onix comes along...

I'm holding off evolving my Onix until I get a steel coat 

I think I only lack Porygon from Gen 1 now. That is, excluding the regional ones, and assuming the spaces right before Dratini are reserved for the legendary birds.

Me too. I think I'll evolve some tomorrow which should bring me to about 210 total.