Westeros Experts League 2017

Jaime L

53 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Another blockbuster trade today.  Flacco for Cobb.  Both are upcoming bye week fill ins.  

Yours was decent but lacked the alliterative majesty of ours. I know which deal my critical practices professor would've accepted.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:45 AM, Jaime L said:

The 2nd highest scoring team in a given week is now 3-3 through 6 weeks. That's both brutal and unsustainable. 

You did say that this was unsustainable...right?

No one is safe :ph34r:

Oddly enough, the team with the 2nd lowest score is 3-4 now.

12 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

You did say that this was unsustainable...right?

No one is safe :ph34r:

Oddly enough, the team with the 2nd lowest score is 3-4 now.

Pretty weird year. We have a clear top 2 with WJ and Mya -- though both are in 2 game skids.

Then a dogfight between 3 and 9 -- Pyro is a bit on the outside looking in at 10. Plenty of season left to go. Huge power ranking gain by Mudguard this week. Highest score of the week is usually a good thing. 

15 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

I feel your pain brother as do two more of us...weird freaking year!

Weird indeed.  By my count, it happened in weeks 3, 5 and 6.  If Sarah doesn't catch WJ (and she probably won't Ertz needs almost 22) this will be the 4th time in seven weeks (Jaime has a distant chance also if MNF is like TNF was).  Sarah'd have a much better chance if she'd have awoken from her overnight shift earlier and learned about Fournette's injury.

If Whiskeyjack and I hold onto our first and second place scores, this will be the second time I've been involved in a 1-2 matchup.  But as Bronn points out, Mya and Jaime both have a realistic chance of catching one or both of us.

Theoretically, I can still lose if Washington scores a -4, but that seems really unlikely.  I considered benching Washington and not playing a defense, but getting into the playoffs might end up in tiebreakers, which looks at total points scored, I think.  I'll be happy if Washington scores at least zero points.  Not asking for much here.

ETA:  Actually, Dunknegg could also catch us.

@Jaime L

Where did we fall on A being a primary feeder on account of it being full of experts?

'Cause the No. 1 ranked Bolton Bitches just dropped a hurting on the presumptive second best team in the league. Some dude named Craig or something, I think.

Really, it's pretty amazing. The queen of the feeder leagues has Jay Cutler as a starting QB1 in 2 of her teams and Jacob Briskettie as the single waiver-wire pickup.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

@Jaime L

Where did we fall on A being a primary feeder on account of it being full of experts?

'Cause the No. 1 ranked Bolton Bitches just dropped a hurting on the presumptive second best team in the league. Some dude named Craig or something, I think.

Really, it's pretty amazing. The queen of the feeder leagues has Jay Cutler as a starting QB1 in 2 of her teams and Jacob Briskettie as the single waiver-wire pickup.

I smell a Shirley post coming.

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

@Jaime L

I checked with Shirley because I've never heard of the league you're mentioning and don't know anyone in it. Pretty sure there was no W-A season held this year which was a shame because I enjoyed playing in this league in prior years

However she informed it is infact a league that's being this year and furthermore that I do have a team in this league. Which, knock me over with a feather. This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Regardless, W-A is a second tier feeder league as it's invite only. W-B and W-C come first. Not sure if Westeros Open happened this year but if so that winner also has a shot. But after then maybe we can find room for the W-A champion, whomever that ends up being.

12 hours ago, Week said:

Even more. Outscored by 20 points this week....

My love for North Dakota grows every week. It's now my 49th favorite state. 

Week 7 Power Rankings

1) Whiskeyjack:  45-18
2) Mya:  42-21
3) Mudguard: 34-29 
4) Dunknegg: 32-31
5) Week:  31-32
6) POTN:  29-34
7) Jaime:  28-35
8) Pyro: 27-36
9) JJ Lannister:  25-38
10) Bronn:  22-41

It happened again - this time to WJ. 2nd highest score of the week is now 3-4. Experts is giving new meaning to the concept that 2nd place is just first loser. 

Dunk remains the hardest luck team overall at 2-5 with a winning power record. The off kilter screaming nun avatar seems more apt each week. 

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Dunk remains the hardest luck team overall at 2-5 with a winning power record. The off kilter screaming nun avatar seems more apt each week. 

I’ve lost my last 2 (technically the last 3) but climbed from 7th to 4th in power rankings.  I’m flummoxed :huh:

42 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

I’ve lost my last 2 (technically the last 3) but climbed from 7th to 4th in power rankings.  I’m flummoxed :huh:

The power rankings and standings currently match up for the top two spots, but after that, it's all jumbled up.  You and I are 3 and 4 in the power rankings, but 7 and 8 in the standings.  On the other hand, JJ and Bronn are 5 and 6 in the standings, but 9 and 10 in the power rankings.  Part of it is from all the bad luck with the four 1-2 games, and the other part is the large degree of parity between places 3 to 10.  Lots can change over the next six games, and things will probably even out a bit.

The standings are tight enough that everyone still has a legitimate chance of making the playoffs still.  First place team at 5-2 and last place team at 2-5.  Still looks like 7 wins will get you into the playoffs for sure, and maybe 6 wins (possibly with tiebreakers) will be enough.

2 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

The standings are tight enough that everyone still has a legitimate chance of making the playoffs still.  First place team at 5-2 and last place team at 2-5.  Still looks like 7 wins will get you into the playoffs for sure, and maybe 6 wins (possibly with tiebreakers) will be enough.

I won't feel safe from Jaxoming until my 8th win.

33 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I won't feel safe from Jaxoming until my 8th win.

I'm just hoping to finish the last 6 games 4-2, which for me would mean finishing with 7 wins.  8 wins might be enough to finish top 2 this year and get a bye if no one separates from the pack over the next several weeks.

Archived