Beric: You don't look like your father

Styl7

36 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

I know... That's what I saying!! That's exactly what I'm saying... Gendry and Jon know nothing about Lyanna and Rhaegar... They are talking about Ned and Robert for sure... But I just wanted to point out that The show runners were trying to say something else using that conversation... 

This kind of explanation is like someone would say he is hearing voices. B)

Well, ok, maybe I'm only watching the story. Not expecting messages from story makers.

On 8/21/2017 at 6:50 AM, falcotron said:

Is it really the wrong way?

If the show had made a big deal out of Jon's similarity to Ned and used it as a clue (the way they did with Joffrey and Jaime or Gendry and Robert, for example), then you could argue that we should ignore our eyes and go with what we were told. But they haven't done that.

So, whatever book!Jon and book!Ned look like, show!Jon looks like Kit, and show!Ned looks like Sean, and they don't look that similar.

It's just dawned on me, they COULD have went with........Jon does have the or A Stark look, he looks more like his Uncle Benjen (at least show wise, same color hair), and the bonus would have been at least a Benjen mention before he turned up hiding within the pack of wights, LOL

38 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

I didn't explain myself properly... I thought you would have understand what I meant...

Defenitely, Gendry and Jon know nothing about L and R... They are clearly talking about Ned and Robert... I meant actually that the show runners were telling us something behind it... Irony... 

Yeah fair enough, no worries at all - it was a bit ambiguous (evidently, heh!) but yes the showrunners are simply having a bit of fun with the sheer irony of it, which is just fine considering how much they've been building up the whole thing.

52 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

When I said "They" I was talking about the show runners... :D sorry I made it very difficult to understand anyways...

OK, then your post starts to make sense...  ;-)

Same with Beric's "You don't look like your father. Maybe you're comeing more after your mother..." - Definitely a hint to the audience, not just a talk between two figures!

7 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's just dawned on me, they COULD have went with........Jon does have the or A Stark look, he looks more like his Uncle Benjen (at least show wise, same color hair), and the bonus would have been at least a Benjen mention before he turned up hiding within the pack of wights, LOL

That's a clever idea, and it would have added a little something extra.

Decades from now, when they make a new version because modern audiences don't want to watch some old pre-smellovision recording that you can barely watch without subtitles because it isn't even in standard Beijing English, they should include that. And they can make CGI Jon and CGI Benjen look even more similar than the actors do.

On 8/21/2017 at 4:04 AM, Anarres said:

I'm told that in the books, Bran for example has reddish hair like his mother's family? It's possible some of their kids look less "Starky" due to the stronger influence of Catelyn herself - while at the same time Jon doesn't look like Ned. That's a more specific comparison than just Stark, after all.

Jon still being half-Stark, this doesn't seem like much of an issue.

In the books, only Arya and Jon have tge "Stark Look".  Sansa,Bran,Rickon and Robb all favored the Tully look with red hair and other facial  features.  

This was one of Catelyn's reasons for her hatred of Jon.   I wonder what Lady Stoneheart is going to think if she sees Jon roll up on a Dragon named for his real Dad.

Also, I wonder if we will see Berric Dondarrion again in the books?   Bookwise, it was made pretty clear that he gave up his last life to revive Catelyn.......  Berrick D is my fave.

7 hours ago, TheSwordofTheMorning7 said:

I wonder what Lady Stoneheart is going to think if she sees Jon roll up on a Dragon named for his real Dad

I doubt that'll ever happen, but if so I would think that Lady Stoneheart is well beyond that kind of emotional depth - hatred and revenge define her, and there's some residual love for her children, but I can't imagine she would care much about Jon, one way or the other.

7 hours ago, TheSwordofTheMorning7 said:

Also, I wonder if we will see Berric Dondarrion again in the books?   Bookwise, it was made pretty clear that he gave up his last life to revive Catelyn.......  Berrick D is my fave.

Lightning comes and goes and then is seen no more. How could we see him again, short of Jaime's search for Beric's outlaws ending with him discovering Beric's corpse or something?

On 21 August 2017 at 0:51 PM, Euron's Mom said:

It's sort of a similarity by association.  Tyrion says Jon looks like Ned.  Someone says Jon looks like Arya.  Someone says Arya looks like Lyanna.  Based on that, we can assume that Ned looks like Lyanna.

The long roundabout way in the connection being made by looks goes like this: 

Lyanna > Arya > Jon > Ned

So Ned looks like Jon, who looks like Arya, who looks like Lyanna. Still confusing because whilst all the others are being described as good looking (even by opposing sides), Ned wasn't paticularly handsome or comely. Just decent looking, which isn't handsome.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:09 PM, falcotron said:

Decades from now, when they make a new version because modern audiences don't want to watch some old pre-smellovision recording that you can barely watch without subtitles because it isn't even in standard Beijing English, they should include that. And they can make CGI Jon and CGI Benjen look even more similar than the actors do.

I can hear the conversation watching that remake:

"WTF, man, that's not how time travel works AT ALL!"

1 hour ago, Illiterati said:

I can hear the conversation watching that remake:

"WTF, man, that's not how time travel works AT ALL!"

Come on, you know that as soon as time travel is discovered, the first thing that will happen is obsessive ASoIaF nerds going back in time to kidnap GRRM so he can finish the books outside of normal spacetime and they can finally read ADoS.

Although they may have to fight with obsessive Doctor Who nerds trying to get more Paul McGann stories while at the same time trying to make the time machine look like a blue police box.

Archived