Sweet Robin and the Others?

AlaskanSandman

So i saw an interesting but short and vague theory that Sweet Robin is on the side of the Others. I got pondering this and it didn't seem so silly to me.

Brandon Stark is sided with Bloodraven, who is a Targaryen and Blackwood (Who i link to the ancient Valyrians) and is the child of Caitlyn Tully and Eddard Stark. 

Sweet Robin Arryn is an Andal (descending through the first Andal king in Westeros.) through his father Jon Arryn (Whom the Andals i think are linked to the Others and possibly Old Ghis as i have now been convinced by some one) or his other father Peter Baelish, who descends from Braavos and the Titan of Braavos. The Braavosi who may be linked to the Rhoynar, and the Andals by geography and possible slaves of Valyria) may also be linked to the Others. So heavy possible links to the Others. 

And, Sweet Robin comes from Lysa Tully, sister to Caitlyn Tully.

Brandon and Sweet Robin. Opposite sides of the same coin? 

I was wondering if any one had any theories on this or thoughts on this

I have to strongly disagree. Robert Arryn is a beacon of hope who will triumph through perseverance. The ultimate underdog who will conqueror his short comings and outlive his enemies. He's already weaned himself off mother's milk and recognized Harry for what he is. He'll continue his courting of Sansa and sway her this side. Then they will both put an end to Baelish. I think he'll fight in the war against the Others by leading the Vale Knight's into battle.

1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I have to strongly disagree. Robert Arryn is a beacon of hope who will triumph through perseverance. The ultimate underdog who will conqueror his short comings and outlive his enemies. He's already weaned himself off mother's milk and recognized Harry for what he is. He'll continue his courting of Sansa and sway her this side. Then they will both put an end to Baelish. I think he'll fight in the war against the Others by leading the Vale Knight's into battle.

Well i certainly didn't expect that hahaha So no thoughts on the voices he hears or singers? Possibilities he's being communicated to through the weirthrone? The talk of flying and such in accordance to Bran and his visions of flying. 

34 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Well i certainly didn't expect that hahaha So no thoughts on the voices he hears or singers? Possibilities he's being communicated to through the weirthrone? The talk of flying and such in accordance to Bran and his visions of flying. 

I think now that he's out of the Eyrie and away from the weirwood throne he'll start improving. Also because he'll be around more people that were loyal to his father, he'll start distancing himself from Baelish. One of his defining facial features is his big eyes. I think Bloodraven might have used the weirwood throne to see through Strong Robin's big powerful eyes. Not necessarily because he has big plans for him like Bran, but just to use him to see what's going on in the Vale. 

Robert also has technically cuckolded Tyrion, so he has that going for him.

So you dont think the throne was a trophy? Or just that they're not partial to the families ancient feuds? 

Also, do you link the Andals to anything, or the Andals are just as we're told?

I have alot of questions and things that i find interesting. Like Peter giving him the over doses of sweet sleep. Is peter tryin to kill him, or wake his third eye? We know dreams are a way to see things. Plus Robin reports hearing voices and singing. 

I never thought much of Robin though. So far he seems weak in a way Brandon Stark never was. Not of body but of mind. Though he does show a resistance to Sweet Sleep. He's a temperamental baby and totally emotionally needy and dependent. He easily manipulated and cruel at will. 

18 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

He's already weaned himself off mother's milk and recognized Harry for what he is.

GRRM writes realistic characters.  Sweetrobin had to have one or two redeeming qualities (or observations).  I don't share your optimistic hopes for him (if you weren't being sarcastic).  I could see Bloodraven trying to use Robert for nefarious purposes, but I prefer to think that Bloodraven/Bran are not all seeing/all powerful and behind everything.  I like to think that Robert hearing things could be an independent isolated thing to his personal illness.

16 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

You're using "cuckold" incorrectly here - it's only cuckolding if one gets another man's wife pregnant.

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

GRRM writes realistic characters.  Sweetrobin had to have one or two redeeming qualities (or observations).  I don't share your optimistic hopes for him (if you weren't being sarcastic).  I could see Bloodraven trying to use Robert for nefarious purposes, but I prefer to think that Bloodraven/Bran are not all seeing/all powerful and behind everything.  I like to think that Robert hearing things could be an independent isolated thing to his personal illness.

You're using "cuckold" incorrectly here - it's only cuckolding if one gets another man's wife pregnant.

I believe it's simply having sex with a married man's wife. No child needed. But sex is needed. So no, Sansa hasn't been cuckold yet

6 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

3 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

I believe it's simply having sex with a married man's wife. No child needed. But sex is needed

I'm pretty sure this is the correct technical definition.

However since Robert is only around 10 in my opinion what he's done with Sansa is a form of cuckholding Tyrion. He kisses her and sucks her breasts when he's in her bed.  Robert not only sharing a bed with Sansa but also making it known that he wants to marry her is a very bold and offensive move against her husband. Even if he doesn't know she's married, because I'm sure he'd tell Tyrion to his face his intentions of love and possible marriage with Sansa. Robert does not lack for courage when he is challenged, he unfortunately goes into seizures though. 

8 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

He's a temperamental baby and totally emotionally needy and dependent.

Well he's being poisoned to death and is surrounded by people who want him dead. He also has a form of epilepsy. He's lost both his mother and father in a very short period of time. Though his mother babying him has slowed his growth mentally and physically. Now that he's away from her and is not cooped up in a Castle I think he will be less dependent on other people and will grow stronger both physically and mentally.  

8 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

He easily manipulated and cruel at will. 

Well he's been manipulated by a man who has manipulated half of Westeros. However I think he's starting to suspect Baelish. He's starting to not want to do what he tells him as we see when Robert tries to throw his oatmeal at Baelish but misses and hits the Maester. 

Spoiler

He also knows Harry intends to steal the Vale from him. He tells Sansa he knows Harry is waiting for him to die so they can take over the Eyrie. One has has to wonder what else Robert knows that people don't think he does. 

Also when has he been "cruel at will?"

On 12/5/2017 at 1:38 AM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

since frailbob has never engaged in the act of coitus with sansa, he has not in fact "cucked" Tyrion. Jamie has in fact cucked king bob. Do you get the difference? 

16 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

You need to read the dictionary like our friend Alaska 

13 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

I believe it's simply having sex with a married man's wife. No child needed. But sex is needed. So no, Sansa hasn't been cuckold yet

and that would be Tyrion, not Sansa getting cucked 

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

since frailbob has never engaged in the act of coitus with sansa, he has not in fact "cucked" Tyrion. Jamie has in fact cucked king bob. Do you get the difference? 

Second best discussion of the day! The first goes to the two elderly women in front of me in line a few minutes ago. 

14 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

He kisses her and sucks her breasts when he's in her bed.

Huh? :wacko:

I'm not sure SR attempting to nuzzle up to Sansa's breasts - while clothed, as I'm quite sure she wasn't sleeping naked while he was in her bed - is the same as kissing her and sucking on her breasts. 

Also, unless Sansa is one of those weird, freaky, fetish gals, I'm pretty sure the whole peeing in the bed thing would put a damper on any cuckolding action going on. Not to mention the many other obvious reasons.

A Feast for Crows - Sansa I

Robert's lip quivered. "I was going to come sleep with you."

I know you were. Sweetrobin had been accustomed to crawling in beside his mother, until she wed Lord Petyr. Since Lady Lysa's death he had taken to wandering the Eyrie in quest of other beds. The one he liked best was Sansa's . . . which was why she had asked Ser Lothor Brune to lock his door last night. She would not have minded if he only slept, but he was always trying to nuzzle at her breasts, and when he had his shaking spells he often wet the bed

On 05/12/2017 at 3:02 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

So i saw an interesting but short and vague theory that Sweet Robin is on the side of the Others. I got pondering this and it didn't seem so silly to me.

Brandon Stark is sided with Bloodraven, who is a Targaryen and Blackwood (Who i link to the ancient Valyrians) and is the child of Caitlyn Tully and Eddard Stark. 

Sweet Robin Arryn is an Andal (descending through the first Andal king in Westeros.) through his father Jon Arryn (Whom the Andals i think are linked to the Others and possibly Old Ghis as i have now been convinced by some one) or his other father Peter Baelish, who descends from Braavos and the Titan of Braavos. The Braavosi who may be linked to the Rhoynar, and the Andals by geography and possible slaves of Valyria) may also be linked to the Others. So heavy possible links to the Others

And, Sweet Robin comes from Lysa Tully, sister to Caitlyn Tully.

Brandon and Sweet Robin. Opposite sides of the same coin? 

I was wondering if any one had any theories on this or thoughts on this

I will refrain from being sarcastic b/c I don't want you to say you're being "attacked" and being "put on a cross" - and it's a shame, coz I really, really could flex my sarcasm muscles here. 

Anyways... Seriously? The bold: "heavy possible links to the Others". My question is, where? 

5 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Yes i know. I dont need to read a dictionary thank you. 

18 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

I believe it's simply having sex with a married man's wife

I put the right answer the first time, thank you. It's implied that this is wrong because Sansa is not a man. Do i gotta spoon feed it all?

37 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I will refrain from being sarcastic b/c I don't want you to say you're being "attacked" and being "put on a cross" - and it's a shame, coz I really, really could flex my sarcasm muscles here. 

Anyways... Seriously? The bold: "heavy possible links to the Others". My question is, where? 

So because you havn't made any connections, others are obviously wrong? lol please. Is this how all your stuff goes? Move along to a thread you do agree with then so you can further your own thoughts lol deuces

On 12/5/2017 at 1:02 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

Sweet Robin Arryn is an Andal (descending through the first Andal king in Westeros.) through his father Jon Arryn (Whom the Andals i think are linked to the Others and possibly Old Ghis as i have now been convinced by some one) or his other father Peter Baelish, who descends from Braavos and the Titan of Braavos. The Braavosi who may be linked to the Rhoynar, and the Andals by geography and possible slaves of Valyria) may also be linked to the Others. So heavy possible links to the Others. 

Sorry. I seamed to have missed this earlier. Could you kindly point me to the where this link is?

17 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

So because you havn't made any connections, others are obviously wrong? lol please. Is this how all your stuff goes? Move along to a thread you do agree with then so you can further your own thoughts lol deuces

I am quoting myself below to make your life easier. Please, where did I say you are "obviously wrong"?

Spoiler

That's right, I didn't! 

And thank you for your concern, much appreciated. But I will post wherever the fuck I want. :cheers:

57 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

23 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

So you dont think the throne was a trophy? Or just that they're not partial to the families ancient feuds? 

I don't know that we have ever been told for certain that a cut down (dead) weirwood does anything. It has no roots, no connection to anything. I wouldn't rely too heavily on this until we get something.

Also, do you link the Andals to anything, or the Andals are just as we're told?

I don't know that we are supposed to use the World book as a rule for anything. It seems to be in place for a few things, mainly to please Tywin Cersei, so you will see a lot of things skewed in her favor. Also, the World book is just a loose hint at what happened in the past to give us loose hints at what is about to happen on page again, only different. History repeats, just with a twist. You are gonna drown yourself in trying to force "corrections" in that World book.

I'm still stumped at the apparent connections of the Rhoynar and Andals to the Others.

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I don't know that we have ever been told for certain that a cut down (dead) weirwood does anything. It has no roots, no connection to anything. I wouldn't rely too heavily on this until we get something.

I don't know that we are supposed to use the World book as a rule for anything. It seems to be in place for a few things, mainly to please Tywin Cersei, so you will see a lot of things skewed in her favor. Also, the World book is just a loose hint at what happened in the past to give us loose hints at what is about to happen on page again, only different. History repeats, just with a twist. You are gonna drown yourself in trying to force "corrections" in that World book.

I'm still stumped at the apparent connections of the Rhoynar and Andals to the Others.

Hahah i feel you and this thread is mostly just to theorize and listen to any crack pot idea. Or ones that paint it as no mystery even. Just seeing what ideas are out there.

As far as the Rhoynar and the Andals and the Ghiscari and the Others. 

A Dance with Dragons - Tyrion II

"Your Smith must have been Rhoynish," Illyrio quipped. "The Andals learned the art of working iron from the Rhoynar who dwelt along the river. This is known."

The World of Ice and Fire - Ancient History: The Arrival of the Andals

The fact that the Andals forged iron has been taken by some as proof that the Seven guided them—that the Smith himself taught them this art—and so do the holy texts teach. But the Rhoynar were already an advanced civilization at this time, and they too knew of iron, so it takes only the study of a map to realize that the earliest Andals must have had contact with the Rhoynar.

The World of Ice and Fire - Beyond the Free Cities: The Grasslands

Some maesters believe that the First Men originated here before beginning the long westward migration that took them across the Arm of Dorne to Westeros. The Andals, too, may have arisen in the fertile fields south of the Silver Sea.

This would suggest to me that the Andals either came from the lands of Valyria, or the lands of Ghis.

Now we're told that the Andals built round buildings

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys I

Her brother smiled. "Good." He touched her hair, almost with affection. "When they write the history of my reign, sweet sister, they will say that it began tonight."
When he was gone, Dany went to her window and looked out wistfully on the waters of the bay. The square brick towers of Pentos were black silhouettes outlined against the setting sun. 

Pentos and Braavos have all square buildings, just like the Rhoynar, who are never described as building round either. Just square buildings with dome ceilings. The Rhoynar who were like in appearance and architecture to the Sarnori. The Rhoynar who practiced Water Magic. 

A Feast for Crows - Cat Of The Canals

The Long Canal took Brusco's boat beneath the green copper domes of the Palace of Truth and the tall square towers of the Prestayns and Antaryons before passing under the immense grey arches of the sweetwater river to the district known as Silty Town, where the buildings were smaller and less grand. Later in the day the canal would be choked with serpent boats and barges, but in the predawn darkness they had the waterway almost to themselves. Brusco liked to reach the fishmarket just as the Titan roared to herald the coming of the sun. The sound would boom across the lagoon, faint with distance but still loud enough to wake the sleeping city.

A Feast for Crows - Arya I

It was one of those that Arya had spied from the lagoon, a mighty mass of snow-white marble topped by a huge silvered dome whose milk glass windows showed all the phases of the moon. A pair of marble maidens flanked its gates, tall as the Sealords, supporting a crescent-shaped lintel.
Beyond it stood another temple, a red stone edifice as stern as any fortress. Atop its great square tower a fire blazed in an iron brazier twenty feet across, whilst smaller fires flanked its brazen doors. "The red priests love their fires," Yorko told her. "The Lord of Light is their god, red R'hllor."

The World of Ice and Fire - The Vale: The Eyrie

King Artys was succeeded by his two eldest sons, who reigned in turn as the second and third Kings of Mountain and Vale. Unlike their sire, they spent considerable portions of their reigns at the Gates of the Moon and seemed content there, though each of them commanded certain additions to the castle. It was the fourth Arryn king, the grandson of Artys I, who began the process that resulted in the building of the Eyrie. Roland Arryn had been fostered with an Andal king in the riverlands as a boy and had traveled widely after winning his spurs, visiting Oldtown and Lannisport before returning to the Vale upon his father's death to don the Falcon Crown. Having seen the wonders of the Hightower and Casterly Rock, and the great castles of the First Men that still dotted the lands of the Trident, he felt the Gates of the Moon looked mean and ugly by comparison. King Roland's first impulse was to tear down the Gates and build his new seat upon the same site, but that winter thousands of wildlings descended from the mountains in search of food and shelter, for the high valleys had been buried by deep falls of snow. Their depredations brought home to the king how vulnerable his seat was at its present site.

The Andals are described as blonde yet

The World of Ice and Fire - The Iron Islands: The Black Blood

Archmaester Hake tells us that the kings of House Hoare were, "black of hair, black of eye, and black of heart." Their foes claimed their blood was black as well, darkened by the "Andal taint," for many of the early Hoare kings took maidens of that ilk to wife. True ironborn had salt water in their veins, the priests of the Drowned God proclaimed; the black-blooded Hoares were false kings, ungodly usurpers who must be cast down.

Then it's goes into some issues of time having to do with when GRRM says Dawn was forged

You've mentioned that Dawn has an illustrious history -- is there a ballpark figure for how long the Daynes and/or Starfall/Dawn have existed?

Oh, I'd say Dawn goes back a couple thousand years... and before that, things get a little fuzzy anyway.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Category/C91/P75/

So was it forged once from a fallen meteor? Or is it some gimmick remade every couple thousand years? 2000 years ago

A Dance with Dragons - Jaime I

"Five hundred years before the Andals. A thousand, if the True History is to be believed. Only no one knows when the Andals crossed the narrow sea. The True History says four thousand years have passed since then, but some maesters claim that it was only two. Past a certain point, all the dates grow hazy and confused, and the clarity of history becomes the fog of legend."

and when did the Andals invade?

The World of Ice and Fire - The Vale: The Eyrie

How true is the tale? Alyssa Arryn did live, of that we may be reasonably sure, but it is unlikely that she lived six thousand years ago. True History suggests four thousand years whilst Denestan halves that number in Questions.

Ill take Maester Desestan over the others, just like ill take Septon Barth over others.

So the Bracken vs Blackwood feud is 3000 years old. Ending with the Andal Invasion. 

The World of Ice and Fire - The North: Winterfell

The inner walls, which were once the only defensive walls, are estimated to be some two thousand years old,and perhaps some sections are older still. In later years, a defensive moat was dug around them, then a second wall was raised beyond the moat, giving the castle a formidable defense. The inner walls stand a hundred feet high, the outer walls eighty; any attacker who succeeded in capturing the outer wall would still find defenders on the inner walls loosing spears and stones and arrows down at him.
With the Inner Walls of Winterfell going up at the same time. Which suggest to me this is when Winterfell and the Wall went up. Just my thoughts though.

There is more clues that i think help lock alot of this in showing the struggle of Fire and Ice. The Rhoynar, Sarnori, Andals, Brackens, Arryns, and Ghiscari have an association to the Others. The Ghiscari war with Valyria seems to be the Battle of the Long Night. 

Archived