football: transfer madness!

MercenaryChef

Lethargic and mediocre from United. Newcastle deserved the win. We will never play to our full potential as long as Mourinho is in charge as he is quite clueless when it comes to setting up an attack. There is no discernable attacking game plan, no counter pressing and no hint that either of these are being worked on in training. We could swap out Pogba for KdB and Lukaku for Kane and they'd both struggle as well because Mourinho's tactics set up attacking players to fail. 

Southampton need to figure out a way in this game to have Ward-Prowse crossing to other players rather than them crossing to him.

Also: the mood in our squad is apparently so shit at the moment that Pogba seemed to have a bit of a cry on the bench after being subbed. While that isn't indicative of great things about Pogba's headspace, whether he was injured or not, it also says FUCK OFF JOSE.

Yeah Firmino has been sloppy in possession. Really the only thing about his game that still annoys me. I’d put Ings on for him asap considering we have Porto mid week 

We’ve bitched about Gini enough but damn he’s frustrating. He’ll have so much open space to run with the ball a bit and he just won’t do it. 

17 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Can and Wijnaldum have been really poor. Can I guess is a bit of a lottery, but Wijnaldum is all on Klopp. How many times does he have to be fucking awful before Klopp figures him out?

I disagree actually, he obviously hasn’t done anything spectacular but Wijnaldum’s been the best of the midfield three. He’s been reasonably composed on the ball and Southampton haven’t done much down his side of the pitch (Robertson being the better defensive fullback and Mane tracking back more than Salah helps but still).

Archived