NFL V

grozeng

First post. I will say I am a Colts fan. The way you beat the Patriots is just like the Colts did in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game. No huddle offense and long drives. Don't let them rest their defense. They have some of the oldest linebackers in the league and the defense is essentially the same as last year. Of course most teams can't do this, hence the ass kicking week in and week out. November 4th will establish who is the best team in football.

This kind of supports my point. I think Losman gut hurt because Wilfork is a 300 pound man that was trying to stop himself after being blocked by a lineman. If the Pats Line let anyone get near Brady, the same thing could happen. In a 21 point game that really didn't seem that close I would not want to worry about the key to the team getting hurt just to run up the score.

Don't let those big nasties get set and they can't run at you. Get them all sitting on thier hands and you can throw a TD without even being midly concerned.

Though it was a bit mean spirirted given Vrable had been fined two games before for firing out and rushing on what was ultimately a spike. So they knew that the LBs and ends would be hestitent to do so.

Tell me true, Rock - do you think that the Pats were really worried about Miami when they were leading 35-7, driving down the field under 2 minutes in the first half?

I don't think they were "worried." But you HAVE TO win the game when its winable. Sometimes that's with :01 left in the 4th quarter, and sometimes that's atthe end of the first half. I think they still had to finish this game when they could, even if the finish is in the first half. The fact is if they can score a ton of points, they can rest starters, etc. I think, again, the trick-play here was a good call at that exact time.

And again, its immaterial because its the NFL- strap your chin strap on (unless your Tom Brady) and play the game. Don't like what we are doing- stop us... like the Dolphins did on that very play.

Do you really feel like the Pats needed to worry about an 0-6 team?

Yes. Its a different question than the one before (the one above is the better question). 0-6 teams can beat 6-0 teams. It can happen. Jason Taylor is a great player as is Zach Thomas; they have weapons and ... and shit happens. They beat us 21-0 last year and they sucked hard last season.

No, that's not the perfect time to play the gimmick because it shows your hand.

This is the one area where we agree and I stated so in the previous post.

I would combat that thought with:

If it's 4th and 2 and the Pats are going for it, what play is coming?

We all know the answer to that. It's never different. And no one can stop it.

Depends actually. If the tackle lines up in the A gaps then it is QB sneak right behind Koppen.

If the tackle lines up on the nose and the other tackle lines up in the a-gap then it is a run behind Mankins who seels of the end and koppen controls the nose.

Just posting this because I called it, and the game is still over a week away:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab1pos1

The fact is the Good v. Evil storyline is too good. Though, I have to hand it to Easterbrook- even he went completely over the top on this one. Even by his standards he is foaming at the mouth. If the Pats can defeat the Colts, I really do not think there is a ceiling on how insane his colums will become. We may have a new game:

Crazy or Easterbrook?

Basically, you take a random quote- the contestant has to decide: did the quote come from the ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic or from Gregg Easterbrook? I swear, it would be an instant hit.

Edited to fix name.

He's comparing Brady to Cheney now? Because he thinks Brady smirks? What a sad, strange little hysterical prat Easterbrook has become.

Yet another reason to root for the Pats -- because if they win the SB, Easterbrook's fucking head might implode.

I actually just sent him a comment -- "Easterbrook, this is the dumbest column since you ranted about bloodthirsty Hollywood Jews over Kill Bill a few years ago. Actually, I'd welcome another rant from you on that level because that might get even those motherless whores at Disney/ESPN to dump your ass. Again."

ETA: Rock, try again, it's Gregg, not George.

ETA: Rock, try again, it's Gregg, not George.

If I ever met Rockroi, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just mess up by calling me Jerry or James. It would be like DeMarcus and Neville.

George Easterbrook is also an entertaining character, but I don't think he has that much to say these days. Still, it'd be fun to take his quotes and randomly place them against crazy people.

Actually, that second link, about being the author of the Progress Paradox... I think that's another person who confused "Gregg" and "George". Because Gregg Easterbrook, TMQ, did write that book.

Just posting this because I called it, and the game is still over a week away:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab1pos1

The fact is the Good v. Evil storyline is too good. Though, I have to hand it to Easterbrook- even he went completely over the top on this one. Even by his standards he is foaming at the mouth. If the Pats can defeat the Colts, I really do not think there is a ceiling on how insane his colums will become. We may have a new game:

Crazy or Easterbrook?

Basically, you take a random quote- the contestant has to decide: did the quote come from the ramblings of a paranoid schizophrenic or from George Easterbrook? I swear, it would be an instant hit.

Edited to fix name.

Pats fans is currently foaming over this column. Several if not dozens are emailing the ESPM ombudswoman about this. Given the fact that her last column to the audience specifically addressed TMQ's accusations without fact. Oh-well. It is not that big a deal to me. If the sports media hypes this up as good-vs-evil, then I will simply trot out Spaceballs "This is why evil will always win, because good is dumb."

I'm not foaming at the mouth; the guy is disjointed. I was only bringing this up because I said that we should all be preparred for the good v. evil story-line and Gregg (or whatever his name is) jumped up and delivered.... poorly, but he did.

Rock, you don't even know where China is, do you?

This column reads a lot like what would happen if Os turned out to be a football fan and hated the Patriots, and the Patriots ended up tricking him in some way. I keep thinking that I'll find "The Patriots are Lying LIARAS LAIRS LIAR LIAR and sorel sores!" in there somewhere.

Bye weeks are always the longest weeks in the fall, besides Beat Michigan week. The next four weeks are really going to define the Browns' season.

@St. Louis

Seattle

@Pittsburgh

@Baltimore

3-1 and we can start throwing the "p" word around in Northern Ohio for the first time since '02. We have the ability to beat St. Louis, Seattle, and Baltimore, but I'm not sure if we can stay focused for all of those games. Pittsburgh is just better than we are. Should be an interesting season.

Woof Woof!

Rock, you don't even know where China is, do you?

*** Jumps up, rips map down in a sad attempt to make it look like an accident.*** :leaving:

I am a terrible speller and I forget people's names easily. Mostly its because I am doing all thsi writting at work, type as fast as possible and post so I can get back to work. Heh- I need to slow it down a step.

Bye weeks are always the longest weeks in the fall, besides Beat Michigan week. The next four weeks are really going to define the Browns' season.

@St. Louis

Seattle

@Pittsburgh

@Baltimore

3-1 and we can start throwing the "p" word around in Northern Ohio for the first time since '02. We have the ability to beat St. Louis, Seattle, and Baltimore, but I'm not sure if we can stay focused for all of those games. Pittsburgh is just better than we are. Should be an interesting season.

Woof Woof!

Word- but I ain't throwin' nothin' till December.

Archived