NFL V

grozeng

I have no doubt New England is going to win the Super Bowl, they are that good. Granted they've been playing a Washington team that decided to come out scared and was already depleted with injury but that doesn't matter. Gregg Williams continuing his idiocy doesn't really matter either, they are that good.

That being said, if they leave Brady in for much longer I will guarantee you he will get hurt. Sean Taylor is as dirty as Rodney Harrison.

Despite the obvious advantage of having the win at the end of the day, how is this run by the Patriots any fun for the fans? Seriously. How are you not bored by half time at this point?
If the Bears were having the kind of season that the Pats are having you'd be jumping for joy. Methodically destroying each and every team that comes near you? Not having to worry about the scrub teams, because you knwo you're going to just smack 'em around? That's fandom heaven.

Sure, you wont' remember any of the games, but a team being dominant in every game and killing their opponents and never causing them to worry is fan heaven.

Honestly, I love every second of it. Win, lose, blowout, shutout, or close game, I love it every single second of it.

But right now, I just dont know what to say, this is simply the biggest asswhooping I have seen in a long long time.

Well, cancel that, the Skins scored a Cooley TD. Wonder if this means that Brady is going to be coming in for the next series....

If the Bears were having the kind of season that the Pats are having you'd be jumping for joy. Methodically destroying each and every team that comes near you? Not having to worry about the scrub teams, because you knwo you're going to just smack 'em around? That's fandom heaven.

Sure, you wont' remember any of the games, but a team being dominant in every game and killing their opponents and never causing them to worry is fan heaven.

Yes and no. I think I'd be constantly worried in the back of my head. What if the QB goes down? The defensive line gets beat up? What about that one team we should beat that squeaks by.

What was as much fun as anything else last year about the Bears run was that, for me, each week I knew that there'd be some work to do to gaurantee that win. The ones that became blow outs were fun, but the nail biters really kept the interest and focus high and games like the Arizona one were constant surges of adrenaline and let down equally.

Methodically crushing each and every opponent each week would get old. Not to mention, when the let down comes, it'll hurt that much more. Especially if it's agianst someone pathetic.

That's just an opinion of course.

Methodically crushing each and every opponent each week would get old. Not to mention, when the let down comes, it'll hurt that much more. Especially if it's agianst someone pathetic.
Yeah, I'd love to know about how old it'd get. That's the kind of problem I want my team to have. They're just so good that it's almost boring to watch them systematically obliterate teams.

I'm all for systematic obliteration. Especially when its my team doing it. You guys talk about hardfought, competitive games that come down to the wire. They're fine. But I've only got so many nails to bite and so much hair left to lose. I'd rather not expend anymore on the outcome of a game. I get IMMENSE amounts of joy watching my team beat the living shit out of another. You think I wanted the White Sox World Series run competitive? Hell no. I wanted that shit swept and in the bag with 25 run margins each damned game. Bears Super Bowl? 543 to nothing for all I care. I'll still keep watching.

Your own team laying the smack down is entertaining no matter what. The game could be decided in the first quarter and I'll still watch and love it. There's a visceral joy to watching your team perform on all cylinders that's right up there with them engineering the final drive for the tooth and nail victory. Except the first option gets the W without the stress.

Seemingly inevitable World Series sweep, absolute domination of the NFL leading to a highly probable SB win with the possibility of a perfect season? I'd kill your mother and your dog (and maybe even mine) to have this shit happening in Chicago right now. (of course to the 'right' Chicago team for the Baseball point)

Yeah, I'd love to know about how old it'd get. That's the kind of problem I want my team to have. They're just so good that it's almost boring to watch them systematically obliterate teams.

Kinda my point. Whether it was expressed well or not.

Got a fucking lot to say about what I just saw today.

The '07 Patriots are the best team I've ever seen. Said a few weeks ago that I had no idea how you stop them. I still don't. I honestly don't think the Colts (as good as they are, and I think they're substantially the best Colts team of the last 7 years) have a chance against this Pats incarnation. I don't see them stopping 'em. I can't envision it. By all accounts the Redskins D should've matched up well with them. They're one of the few teams in the league with the overall team speed to stay with (and knock around) Moss, Welker and Stallworth. Patriots knew this and ran it down our throats better than any team all year. They also killed us with the underneath stuff. The thing about that Patriots offense is that because everyone's great at what they do it means that where-ever you focus your attention you're wrong.

That said, the Redskins played mind-numbingly stupid. It was beyond idiotic for Gregg Williams to sit in that rush 4, cover 2 shell against an O-line that was dominating you and a QB guaranteed to pick you apart if you don't have pressure on him. I know blitzing is dangerous, but for Godsakes go down swinging. Don't die a slow death. The offensive philosophy matched it. They were so deathly afraid of the Pats pass rush that they refused to go downfield. Nevermind that the Redskins are built around a strong-armed QB and speed-merchant WRs. Instead all passes went sideways and if they needed 3 yards on third down they'd run a play that went exactly three yards, allowing Samuel and Hobbs to just camp on the third down line and wait to break up the pass. Predictable doesn't even begin to describe the Redskins gameplan today.

You take a very smart, very cutthroat team like the Pats and you match up this cowardly, "let's try to keep the game close" philosophy and you lose before you even take the field. Just a gutless performance by the entire coaching staff. And they got blown out anyway so great job there, guys. Really impressive. The difference in coaching staffs was made vivid, in flashing neon lights. It was embarrassing, really. At halftime, Belichick was focused on keeping his foot on the accelerator and blowing this game out despite the lead. Gibbs, meanwhile, was saying: "I expect our guys to keep playing hard in the second half." WTF?!!?! You should be lighting into your guys. You should be throwing trashcans and saying you're embarrassed to be down 24 at halftime. It's the same bullshit after barely beating Arizona, to just be "glad we won." You think Belichick would've just been glad to have won that game?! Are you fucking kidding me?

Attitude reflects leadership. And the Skins will continue to crap the bed so long as they're accepting of embarrassing play. When the Pats attempted three (three) fourth down conversions despite being up 38-0 in the fourth quarter, show some goddamn fire. This team is trying to humiliate you and you're just going to roll over and play dead? Start a fight, get an unnecessary roughness penalty...at least show you give a damn. The team seemed resigned to the fact that the Pats were trying to run up the score on them. Because they'd seen 'em do it in weeks prior, but having some fucking pride for yourself at the least. You had one of the best defenses in football coming into this game and they just ate your lunch..and you're not pissed about this? The only one to show any anger was Sean Taylor, and he was the one guy taken out of the game completely by his own team's scheme. They kept him in deep coverage while Welker, Faulk and Maroney ran free underneath. And they kept him there all game.

There's no question the Patriots are the better team. But you gotta make 'em earn everything they get and the Redskins didn't. Not at all. Didn't help that Campbell had his worst game as a pro, although the Patriots defense had a lot to do with that. But ultimately, more than any single player on the field, the 45 point difference in this game was between the coaching staffs. One came out to obliterate its opponent, the other came out to lose..but hopefully not by too much. Just makes me sick to see. If Gibbs isn't mad as I am about this, he needs to go. If you don't have the passion you shouldn't be on the sideline.

Absolutely right Jaime, this Skins team should have played far better. I am a Pats fan and do think no matter what the Pats should have absolutely won, but the game was decided early in the week when Gibbs was already feeling bad for himself that they were playing the Pats. The Pats are the team to BEAT, not the team to make a good effort against.

In other news, it is really unbelievable that Manning and Brady broke the record of first QBs to beat all other 31 teams simultaneously...just crazy.

Got a fucking lot to say about what I just saw today.

The '07 Patriots are the best team I've ever seen. Said a few weeks ago that I had no idea how you stop them. I still don't.

Control the clock.

Knock Brady down a couple times.

Rough up the recievers.

Pray for a few good bounces.

the pats will lose. it's just a matter of to whom. Winning 16 is just too hard, too much pressure as the season goes on, and they may be peaking too early.

They do look good though. Damn good.

In other news, it is really unbelievable that Manning and Brady broke the record of first QBs to beat all other 31 teams simultaneously...just crazy.

What are you talking about? Manning did it 3 hours before Brady. He was the first to set that hallowed record, the greatest quarterback ever, and will go down in history for it! (Just to give Pats fans some shit.)

What are you talking about? Manning did it 3 hours before Brady. He was the first to set that hallowed record, the greatest quarterback ever, and will go down in history for it! (Just to give Pats fans some shit.)

Brady did it 3+ years faster than Manning.

by the way my favorite quote of the game: "Everyone in the stadium knew the pass would be to Vrabel except the Washington Redskins." :rofl:

Seriously...heard Vrabel was coming in, knew they were throwing to him. He jukes the corner a little and then has a friggin tea party in the corner of the end zone. I was yelling at the TV for about 10 minutes after that - it's a great play for the Pat's, they can run it, obviously the throw, but how can you let him get that wide open?

Do have to say that if I was a Pats fan I'd be living large with the way they are winning. When the 9ers were winning everything under the sun and thrashing Denver & SD in the Super Bowl I didn't want to see a replay of The Drive or The Catch. I wanted to see Rice over the middle for 55 yards 30 seconds into the game.

They definitely are tempting fate a little leaving their studs in late, 38-0 in the 4th might be the time to take out Brady. If for no other reason than to give Cassel some time in there to look more comfortable.

Archived