Go GIANTS!

Lucky Pierre

Whoever wins (please, oh please be the Giants) I want the MVP to be someone different from the usual QB, WR, RB mix; like a defensive lineman or something. Of course for that to happen need something around 2.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery for a TD.

Speaking of lineman, while I still dislike most of the Pats team, I have had a softspot for the O-Line ever since an ESPN piece before one of the MNF games where the camera crew followed them and their gigantic beards around to an archery range. It's was pretty sweet.

Anyway, my prediction:

Heart- Giants 31-Pats 28 (OT? first time ever in superbowl?)

Head- Pats 34- Giants 24

I'm something of a fan of the Giants, and watch whenever I get a chance. That is, unless there isn't a Dolphins game already on, of course. So believe it or not, I'm actually rooting for them, and lessso rooting against the hated Pats. I think they have a good chance of beating them, TBH. They held their own against them a month ago, there's no reason why they can't do it again.

I have a compelling reason to root for each of these teams, and multiple compelling reasons to root against each of them... so mostly, I'm rooting for a good game. And for Ed Hochuli.

I hope the Giants win for a few reasons:

1) I know a Giants fan who I respect.

2) I've disliked the Yankees for a long time because their strategy is just buy the expensive talents and win. They haven't won as much in the last couple years so I don't hate them so much now. The Patriots are the Yankees of football in terms of winning, so they should lose. And I also heard a conversation in which one person was saying that he doubted that Brady was injured at all, and that the whole thing was just a trick to make the Giants think that he might be compromised, and that the Pats' coach has done this before.

3) If the Giants win, GRRM is happy, which might make him more likely to get writing done.

I was raised in a Giants/Yankees household...and I honestly could not care less about sports; but considering how annoying Boston fans are (Pats and ESPECIALLY the Red Sox) I'll be watching the game and quietly hoping for a nice upset to shove down some throats back home.

Archived