Moderation

Yagathai

Is it just me or has moderation on the boards been a bit more heavy-handed of late? It seems like there have been more deletions, threats of deletions and closings and closings in the last month or two than usual. Has there been some shift in moderation policy, or are the mods simply getting drunk on power?

Ran quit moderating the mods, is all. But really, I can only think of one or two that don't desrve the moniker much less the ability to retcon any justification for their argument, if called to question.

Do I care that much though? Not in general.

Well, if we accept that there has been more moderation than usual, then there are only two possibilities: (1) more heavy-handed moderation than in the past, or (2) people are being bigger assholes, and/or more frequently.

'Seems like' is pretty vague. Have you any specific examples?

Obviously, the amount of thread closings etc. varies according to how many people break the rules - it's not a constant. It depends on what people do, how much activity there is, etc. And yeah, sometimes the mods might feel that there's been a lot of misbehaviour recently so let's crack down, etc. Equally, sometimes there's less because the mods are all rather busy with their lives and don't notice stuff. ;) But there isn't a change in mod policy, no.

ps I never moderate when drunk on power: only when drunk on whisky. :P

I was hoping this thread was about the axiom "Everything in Moderation" especially exercise and work. :disappointed:

Well, if we accept that there has been more moderation than usual, then there are only two possibilities: (1) more heavy-handed moderation than in the past, or (2) people are being bigger assholes, and/or more frequently.

#2 was what I was going to suggest.

Moderation seems to be a lot more preemptive than before.

There is that...

If we're suddenly "allowed" to discuss moderation on this board in a public thread then ill write up a post or ten. Somehow i don't think that will go over well tho.

Moderation seems to be a lot more preemptive than before.

I never understood why my mom got so mad when my sister and I would argue, at least until I had kids. Its really, really irritating. I'd pull a GWB and go preemptive on peeps too. :P

I feel bad when I have to be modded. I am a bad bad girl. Will you spank me now? Please?

Archived