NBA 2011-2012 Season

The Imp's Advocate

Interesting results, Lakers beats the Nuggets again, 38 points from Bryant, also Bynum very good again, but still the difference was small this time around.

Chicago beaten at home without Rose, and comfortably so.

I think Lin's return would be more likely if they lose Game 3. They may decide "Fuck it, nothing's working,let's just go with the wildcard and at the very least give the home crowd the return of a popular player for the final game." If they pull off a win Thursday, they may still hope to win the second home game and stick with Davis/Bibby.

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I think if they lose game 3, Lin doesn't even get to put on a uniform. If they think he has the potential to play at the level he did when he stormed the league, don't bring him back for one throw away game in which he can get injured. Give him the offseason to recuperate, get in shape, sharpen up the gaps in his game and see what he can do next season.

Interesting results, Lakers beats the Nuggets again, 38 points from Bryant, also Bynum very good again, but still the difference was small this time around.

Chicago beaten at home without Rose, and comfortably so.

Yeah, worst loss in a long time for them. With the C's winning last night without Rondo (and my hoping he comes back looking to play well, not just hard) I like the look of how things are shaping up for Boston.

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I think if they lose game 3, Lin doesn't even get to put on a uniform. If they think he has the potential to play at the level he did when he stormed the league, don't bring him back for one throw away game in which he can get injured. Give him the offseason to recuperate, get in shape, sharpen up the gaps in his game and see what he can do next season.

To me the whole notion of bringing Lin back this postseason is silly, they can't possibly think he would be playing like he did at the height if Linsanity, if they won game three, and even more impossibly won game 4, it would be a horrible idea to bring him back and change the team dynamic, if a major miracle happened and they upset the Heat in the series it would be even dumber to bring him back for the second round which was the plan originally. So if they are intent on taking the gamble of letting him play, it can only be a decision designed to play off his popularity and not based on strategy and letting him play in a grabage game with all the associated risks would make just as much sense as inserting him in a team that is winning without him.

Pop wins Coach of the Year - well, for taking a group of players almost everyone had said were over the hill and wouldn't compete in a shortened season, yeah, I think it's pretty well deserved

Congrats to Tyson Chandler on his Defensive Man of the Year win! He works super hard. Pretty classy guy

Really? You think he's classy? Admittedly I don't know him well even from tv, but the couple of times I have seen him play he's looked as if he's about to burst with aggression. He's huge, and seems to be more on the verge of breaking into a fight than most other players.

Really? You think he's classy? Admittedly I don't know him well even from tv, but the couple of times I have seen him play he's looked as if he's about to burst with aggression. He's huge, and seems to be more on the verge of breaking into a fight than most other players.

Uhh, that's what a defensive player like Chandler needs to act like. It's called intimidation. Chandler is a leader in the locker room and on the court, a proven vet, and is never in any sort of trouble. he doesn't argue with his coaches or call his team mates out, he leads by example.

He never actually does get in fights though, aggressiveness is part of being a defender, and lets face it most basketball players walk around with scowls while they play, Lebron James doesn't look like a happy fun loving guy while he does his thing either. Anyway, a well deserved award, a great leader, whereas the 2 stars can act like spoiled children a lot of the time.

Thought it wasn't a "critical" game, Lebron showed up in the 4th and Miami is now up 3-0, OKC has clearly put their stuff together after the game 1 scrape.

Hoping Boston can pull through tonight - Allen practiced, Rondo is back and Johnson is still questionable for the Hawks

Oh man, Dikembe Mutombo. I loved him.

Chandler does good work and never brags about it. He's about team play and it shows.

Cali, Chandler just has his game face on. He isn't actually that scary. You want scary, look at Ron Artest (half of that is because he's unhinged). You want tough and classless, look at the Laimbeer/Thomas Bad Boys. Chandler's got Carlisle's clean basketball style all over him.

Uhh, that's what a defensive player like Chandler needs to act like. It's called intimidation. Chandler is a leader in the locker room and on the court, a proven vet, and is never in any sort of trouble. he doesn't argue with his coaches or call his team mates out, he leads by example.

I will take Chandler back on the Mavs in a heartbeat. I would take him over any other center in the NBA with the exception of Bynum, and that includes a close call of Gasol in Memphis and Howard in Orlando. That dude led the Mavericks to a championship.

I will take Chandler back on the Mavs in a heartbeat. i

You can't have him.

:P

The Knicks need him, in fact I am in favor of getting rid of both Amar'e and Melo, one is probbaly burnt out, the other is not a leader and not championship calibre. The Mavs will probably get Deron Williams, I would take him over our 2 stars.

No. The Knicks need Chandler. They need him like BURNING. He is so good at the screen and roll/pick and roll and with a strong PG could be both an offensive and defensive force on the Knicks (let's face it, Chandler's points scored are like, 60% dunks, 40% putback dunks). Earlier this year during Linsanity I was watching him work the alley-oops with Lin and they were good. Really good. I want an offensive package based on them now, dammit. But only if Lin learns how to go left, adds a short pullup jumper, and gets some basic post moves. Would be hilarious to see him go in and then post it up against bigger guys.

Today may have been the best 76ers game since 2001. I don't care who was hurt, that was a great comeback and fun (in my biased opinion) to see.

I mean, we still suck but this series is there to be won...and potentially something to build off of. Turner needs to play more on the ball and Jrue needs to play more two guard cause he's a better pure scorer than creator.

Baron Davis- Holy shit that is not what a knee is supposed to look like. EVER

Poor guy.

And in the midst of the most postitive play by the team all post season (NOT great play but at least far less terrible). Looks like that is last we'll see of him as a Knick, I can't see the value of resigning him, too many issues. Now we need to shop for a PG again, I am not quite sold on Lin.

RIP Mavs. They gave a good fight in 3 of those games, but just didn't have the reserves for a fourth quater fight.

And it look like the Bulls will be the first upset, really bad luck there.

Got to say Dallas and Utah are being thoroughly dismantled by OKC and San Antonio. It's expected to an extent, but still, those two top sides still have to actually do it, and they are clearly in good enough form to actually perform that sweep.

Clippers beat Grizzlies so that is definitly proving to be as tight as Atlanta vs Boston. Orlando are making a decent fist of it against Indiana, but just fall short.

Archived