Who will end up together?

Lady Hodor

I do believe Sam would be better off with someone who would share his passion for books and learning things.

Might be true, might not. He definitly loves Gilly at this point. Anyway, it is a moot point because the NW members and the maester are not allowed to marry and have children anyway.

I am thinking of those potential couples:

- Arya / Gendry or Young Griff even though I prefer Arya with Gendry (a looot)

- Sansa / The Hound Sandor Clegane

- Sam / Gilly

- Jon / Ariane Martell or Nymeria Sand (a preference for Nym)

- Dany / no idea... I have some trouble to find her a match... but definitely not Jon

- Jaime / Brienne

- Tyrion / Tysha (he deserves to be happy)

I don't imagine Cersei living until the end...

The farmer's in the dell

Only GRRM can tell

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

Who with whom will dwell.

Dany's meant for Jon

Or maybe she's for Vic

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

She can take her pick.

Sansa's stuck on Sandors

She's not going to stand for

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

LF's delusions of grandeur.

Gilly and Sam are rearin'

Another woman's bearin'

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!-

While Val is Jon a-speatin'.

We fans can take our picks,

But to get a real fix

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

Wait until book six.

Another pairing I've been thinking about is Margaery Tyrell and Harry the Heir. Obviously Tommen would have to die, and I'm expecting that to happen soon anyway. This would also be the 2nd time Margaery has taken a potential husband from Sansa, which has a certain symmetry to it don't you think?

And if Aegon gets with Arianne, this situation would be very combustible. Marg/Harry would have the Vale and the Reach, and Aegon/Arianne would have Dorne and the Stormlands. The Lannisters behind Cersei would be total wildcards/spoilers. And of course you would have Jon/Stannis descending from the North, and Dany/Greyjoys as well.

A very chaotic scene, no? Seems like something GRRM would want.

@ Winterbreath

MY GOODNESS THAT WAS AN AMAZING SONG!

You deserve a virtual round of applause (imagine clapping sounds).

Now just have Tom O Sevenstrings sing it and you've got yourself a hit! :bowdown:

Got this odd image of Stannis looking lustfully at Ned's skull. Like an erotic version of Hamlet.

Hamlet wasn't erotic?

You clearly haven't seen me in tights.

What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason, how infinite in post count! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!

Another pairing I've been thinking about is Margaery Tyrell and Harry the Heir. Obviously Tommen would have to die, and I'm expecting that to happen soon anyway. This would also be the 2nd time Margaery has taken a potential husband from Sansa, which has a certain symmetry to it don't you think?

And if Aegon gets with Arianne, this situation would be very combustible. Marg/Harry would have the Vale and the Reach, and Aegon/Arianne would have Dorne and the Stormlands. The Lannisters behind Cersei would be total wildcards/spoilers. And of course you would have Jon/Stannis descending from the North, and Dany/Greyjoys as well.

A very chaotic scene, no? Seems like something GRRM would want.

Or Sansa meanders into Aegon's territory and he falls in love with her before committing to any of the eligible Westerosi bachelorettes; and Sansa ends up as Queen Sansa the Fair and lives a long and happy life while Dany and Jon die to save the world from the Others; and Margaery either gets stuck with SweetRobin because no one else will have her after Tommen's murder or becomes a Septa.

I'm not sure who will end up together "officially", but I'd like to see some Bran/Meera and Brienne/Jaime moments where their possible feelings are acknowledged and recognized. I would also like to see a Sansa/Sandor reunion before he gets killed for reals because I'm pretty sure he's going to bite it for good in the upcoming book. :frown5:

So all the NW brother keep forgetting their vows and riding off into the sunset with some girls? I really don't want to see that: Jon and Sam made vows, so no Val or Dany for Jon and no Gilly for Sam, I hope.

Besides: There weren't many happy couples to beginn with - and they all died in the story or at least lost their partner: Ned/Cat, Obern/Ellaria, Tyrion/Tysha, Mance/Dalla, Tywin/Joanna, Dany/Drogo - so being in a working relationship seems to be a very bad omen in Westeros and the neighbour countries. Is there a happy couple still alive and happy together? I'm trying to recall, but I'm not sure - does Roose/Fat Wanda and Edmure/Roslin even count? Those seem to be very creepy relationships, giving the circumstances.

Archived