What potential plot development do you dread the most?

Jolene Brown

• Dany ending up on Iron Throne.
  • Jon and Dany in love..... eeeeek
  • UnDead Jon
  • Bran becoming a tree permanently
  • Arya staying as a FM
  • None of the Starks reuniting
  • Never seeing Jaqen H'ghar again
  • Sandor staying on QI or dying without fulfilling any purpose
  • Sansa never meeting Sandor again
  • Tyrion being a Targ...please no
  • Ramsay surviving
  • Walder Frey still alive by the end of the series
  • Tommen dying
  • Never meeting Howland Reed

...and if Starks don't retake the North again.

Gods, I didn't know it would be so many...but really I would be very upset and feeling kind of empty after reading and re-reading these books, if any of these happened at the end.

Nothing would make me angrier than a male character plunging a sword through the heart of an important female character (Dany, Melisandre, etc.), which I frequently see suggested, in order to "forge Lightbringer". No. Stop it. That would be stupid.

What about a male character plunging said sword through the heart of an important male character?

Direwolf deaths. I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that the death of animals mess with me more than human deaths sometimes.

More to the point, what would depress me even more is the death of all the mystical things in Westeros. Unicorns, Direwolves, the CotF. I would love to believe Leaf's analysis was wrong.

Direwolf deaths. I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that the death of animals mess with me more than human deaths sometimes.

More to the point, what would depress me even more is the death of all the mystical things in Westeros. Unicorns, Direwolves, the CotF. I would love to believe Leaf's analysis was wrong.

:agree:

I too, would mourn the animals just as much if not moreso than the human characters. Any direwolf dying will have me in :crying: .

On that note, I will also be a bit disappointed if unicorns in Martin's world don't turn out to be of the bad-ass variety. :D

None. I'm numb since the Red Wedding. Unlike many of the gloom-and-doom enthusiasts, I'd be perfectly happy to see a relatively happy ending, though I don't expect one. I have no particular expectations for any of the characters, and despite the fact I have a few I like, I've detached myself emotionally to the point that I'd only be slightly upset if any or all of them died.

None. I'm numb since the Red Wedding. Unlike many of the gloom-and-doom enthusiasts, I'd be perfectly happy to see a relatively happy ending, though I don't expect one. I have no particular expectations for any of the characters, and despite the fact I have a few I like, I've detached myself emotionally to the point that I'd only be slightly upset if any or all of them died.

That is so sad, but perfectly understandable. I don't really know *why* I even bother allowing myself to be emotionally attached to anyone or anything at all in this series anymore. :dunno:

Everyone and everything is just going to DIE! :bawl:

-Jon being an undead/turning into an other.

-Others being misunderstood/good/not the walking embodiment of "anti-life" that they have been made out to be for five books.

-All the dragons being wiped out and sort of related any other direwolves dying.

-Neither Rickon or Bran making it back to be Lord of Winterfell (I'm betting one won't but for that to happen to both would be unacceptable)

-Cersei surviving while Tommen and Myrcella die.

-Stannis never paying for the shadow babies.

-House Frey still holding the Twins.

-Dany not dying by the end of the series - always thought she'd play sort of a Moses role...leading her people to the promised land but never seeing it herself. So in her case, fighting and beating the Others but mortally wounding herself in the process so the peaceful rule afterwards is not on her.

That is so sad, but perfectly understandable. I don't really know *why* I even bother allowing myself to be emotionally attached to anyone or anything at all in this series anymore. :dunno:

Everyone and everything is just going to DIE! :bawl:

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not sure if it was a conscious decision on my part or just an emotional defense mechanism, but I can even think of my favorite major characters (Daenerys, Tyrion and Arya) failing utterly and dying horribly, and I barely get a reaction out of myself.

Even though it's really well-written and engaging, I think on some level that's the risk of making a story too dark -- it makes life so cheap that people stop being emotionally invested in the characters victims. Like a slasher film almost.

a lot of the things people are dreading I wouldnt mind if it was written well. like dany and jon [though val seems more likely], or dany ruling westeros.

one thing I am dreading is the fact that westeros might be in complete ruins by the time dany lands with no army to speak of. and the fact that westeros will have no dragons to defend themselves with. I want a long drawn out war, and if dany wins at the end fine. But I don't want her to fly into kings landing and the whole realm just bows down to her. hopefully young griff'll find some dragons somewhere to fight her.

• Stannis not being killed...need Renly to be avenged, agree with Kittyhat, have the boltons flay him
  • Dany becoming queen
  • anymore starks or direwolves being killed
  • anymore targs being revealed
  • Mel Resurrecting Jon, OLD GODS FTW
  • The North not being independent
  • A Tolkien-esque ending, magic fades from the world etc.
  • Theon dying in some pathetic meaningless way, hope he dies saving one of the Starks and is redeemed
  • Walder Frey not seeing his whole house fucked to shit, before dying in some amusing manner

Anything involving another character dying and being brought back to life through magic. I think GRRM opened a can of worms when he introduced this idea into the series to be honest. I mean it was reaaaaally cool, I gotta admit, but I don't know if I like the idea of anyone being able to pop back alive with a touch of magic.

this is nicely offset by the price of reincarnation, destroying much of what the person was

Archived