your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

Alot of characters to cover but.... HERE. WE. GO.

Barristan dies in an epic duel with Victarion... I mean super epic!

Victarion also defeats the army outside of Mereen.

Dany kills Victarion with her new Khalasar and returns with some Ironborn, Dothraki, and the remainder of her Unsullied to Dorne... Becomes an interesting character again and sits the Iron Throne in the end.

Aegon is killed by Dany riding Drogon.

Jon Snow lives and leads the fight against the others. But sadly, he is not AAR. R+L=J, but he remains LC of the Night's Watch.

Cersei dies at the hands of Jaime

Jaime kills Robert Strong, Cersei, Qyburn, Un-Cat, and finally dies in the fight against the Others as a completely redeemed character.

Samwell dies and becomes the latest face of Jaqen.

Stannis re-takes WF and kills the Boltons in the godswood. Holds off the Others long enough for word to reach Dany and the rest of the 7 kingdoms about the threat in the North. Dies in the final battle of the book.

Arya is killed after refusing a hit job from the kindly man.

Sansa marries Sweet Robin and sends the Vale's army to the North. She lives happily ever after.

Tommen and Myrcella die, I'm just not sure how yet.

Sansa poisons LF.

Rickon becomes a super bad ass, Other slaying Lord of WF/Warden of the North.

Mance Rayder becomes Lord of the Dreadfort after he forms up the Wildlings to fight against the Others.

Tyrion finds where whores go and is killed by his ex-wife

I save the best for last... The Freys! The Freys in WF are all slaughtered. After the great war in the North is over. Dany, who comes to love Jon but can't be with him because of his vows, avenges his family's losses at the RW. She orders the release of all Northmen and afterwards burns the twins alongs with all the Freys with dragon fire.

"That was such a strange and vivid dream. Well, time to make the hot pies."

No, honestly. My ideal ending will be an alliance of major characters like Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Asha, Jaime... All realizing the greater evil is beyond the Wall.

And this story is based around real history. We have the knowledge of Monarchies not being able to work as a proper form of government. So the alliance will be the founding of the first democracy in Westeros.

Possibly one of the last images in the story would be Drogon or all 3 dragons burning the Iron Throne.

Everyone is basically fighting with everyone else until ravens from Castle Black bring word that the Wall has fallen by some kind of evil sorcery and the wights are breaking through by the thousands. Everyone stops bullshitting around and they unite to fight their true enemy. As long as that happens, I'll be happy, regardless of what happens next.

Oh, also, Davos goes home to his wife and lives to be 120.

Tormund's member is used in a complex spell by Bran, emulating the effects of the Hammer of the Waters of old. The North and South are separated.

The North ends up plagued by wights and Others because why not, and Dolorous Edd leads the few survivors of the Night's Watch by boats from Eastwatch, carrying Jon, who is wounded but alive...

And the ship sinks. Just his luck.

And this story is based around real history. We have the knowledge of Monarchies not being able to work as a proper form of government. So the alliance will be the founding of the first democracy in Westeros.

Monarchies have worked as a proper form of government for thousands of years, much longer than democracies have. Not saying monarchies are better, but democracies aren't necessarily better (realistically) for every time and place. Monarchies still work as a proper form of government in some countries right now. Just look at United Arab Emirates. They're doing pretty well with a pretty good government.

• 3 months later...

Jon: Embraces his warging powers. Rides an Ice Dragon and defeats the others with Dany´s help. Learns that L+R were his parents. Becomes 1000 LC and reforms the NW.

Sansa: Becomes a great Game player, kills LF embraces her Stark identity and becomes Queen in the North married to someone she loves (maybe Sandor).

Sam: Tells his father wat he thinks of him and becomes Jon´s maester.

Arya: Learns a bit more about spying and fighting. Goes back to Westeros and unites with Nymeria. Gets her revenge, but finds out that revenge doesn´t make things better. Becomes Sansa´s Master of Whisperers and Jon gives her Dark Sister.

Bran: Takes over BR´s job after BR has died. Never leaves the cave and watches his siblings through the weirwood network.

Rickon: Lord of Winterfell.

Dany: Queen in the South married to Aegon (Blackfyre) ruling with him and with their marriage they have ended the conflict of the Targs and the Blackfyres.

Jaime: Tells Brienne that he loves her. Dies killing Cersei. Brienne spreads the tale why he killed Aerys.

Cersei: Wanted burn KL, but got killed by Jaime.

Tyrion: Dany´s hand and Lord of Casterly Rock.

Brienn: First woman who is a knight. LC of Sansa´s KG.

Arianne: Ruling over Dorne.

Baristan: Dies in an epic battle and is remembered as a great knight.

Theon: Dies protecting Rickon.

Asha: Ruling over the Iron Isles and making them peaceful.

Areo Hotah: Dies defending Doran (who dies because of his sickness, but got his revenge).

Catelyn: Dies with the knowledge that her children are alive and accepts Jon.

Aeron: Drowns.

Victarion: Dies (don´t know how).

Davos: Returns to his wive and his children.

Stannis: Dies in the battle against the Others.

Mel: Burns or dies in a fight against BR.

Sovngarde Song - Miracle of Sound..

"And we stand tall

Sons of the snow

We will not fall"

While Jon or Rickon conquering Winterfell with their Northmen and taking down Bolton men...

It's a detailed video, but ignore the visual.. Scenes from the the game.. The song is what matters...

There will be a number of endings IMO, as there are so many different threads. However, I feel the most important ending will focus on events in the North. Whether Dany will ever reach Westeros is another issue, but I am confident that Bran and Jon will be involved heavily in the story's conclusion.

GRRM has said that the ending will be 'bittersweet', so I have a gut feeling that this will mean Westeros will ultimately be saved by the invasion from Beyond the Wall, but there will be some kind of sacrifice involved.

I am starting to subscribe to the Heresy theory that Bran is being groomed as a leader of the Others, and this could potentially set up a battle between him and Jon, similar to the story of Bael the Bard who came from Beyond the Wall to fight his own Stark son at the Frozen Ford.

Perhaps Jon will end up sacrificing himself to save the realm of men, however this sacrifice will go unknown and as a Brother of the Night's Watch he will 'win no glory'. This will be even more bittersweet considering that Jon could/should have been King according to R+L=J.

Daario Naharis is the new Reek. After the Bastard of Bolton is done with him, he gets shipped off to Skaagos as an appetizer. Then his bones are flewn by a dragon to be thrown off in the Lands of Always Winter.

I dislike Daario.

Everything else is just bonus.

EDIT: Also, other deaths I would thoroughly enjoy:

- Victarion Greyjoy

- Euron Greyjoy

- Aeron Greyjoy

- Almost the entire population of the Iron Isles

- The queen bitch of Casterly Rock

- Ramsay and Roose, the dynamic duo

- Daario Naharis' eternal soul

Tormund's member is used in a complex spell by Bran, emulating the effects of the Hammer of the Waters of old. The North and South are separated.

The North ends up plagued by wights and Others because why not, and Dolorous Edd leads the few survivors of the Night's Watch by boats from Eastwatch, carrying Jon, who is wounded but alive...

And the ship sinks. Just his luck.

If the Wall falls they could just use the half of Tormund's member the she-bear bit off as a new Wall? No spells would be needed.

Monarchies have worked as a proper form of government for thousands of years, much longer than democracies have. Not saying monarchies are better, but democracies aren't necessarily better (realistically) for every time and place. Monarchies still work as a proper form of government in some countries right now. Just look at United Arab Emirates. They're doing pretty well with a pretty good government.

There a very few absolute monarchies today, where as constitutional monarchies are the majority. The UAE is a poor example of monarchy being a good form of government. Not every country has the worlds 7th largest oil reserves and 7th largest natural gas reserves.

Also look at North Korea who calls itself a democracy but is clearly a monarchy. They're living in the past, almost nothing has changed since the 1950's for their people.

• 2 weeks later...

The last book will be the best one yet, lots of deaths and emotion, a Stark reunion and fitting/happy endings for Jon, Jaime, Brienne, Cersei, Sansa and Arya, Davos. Bittersweet for the rest... and I cry as I read the last page and am then left with a completely satisfied feeling, thinking this is the best book I've ever read... That would be nice. That would be very nice indeed...

And of course, Walder Frey and Ramsay Bolton die horrible deaths, respectively at the hands of UnCat/Arya and Theon.

betting business on the eve of ADOS release.

who will sit the iron throne. odds per 1 dollar

dany: 1.75$

stannis 1.3$

aegon : 1.2$

jon : 1.1$

bran : 1.8$

rickon: 1.9$

arya: 3$

tyrion : 3$

jamie: 5$

Gendry: 50$

samwell: 100$