Stoneheart or Dondarrion?

Personally i didn't like Catelyn being resurrected, she ended with a bang at the Red Wedding and i liked that, however now she is leading the Brotherhood without Banners. I personally would have liked it more if Dondarrion stayed as their leader instead of giving up his life (indefinately) for someone whom i didn't think he had any relationship with (so why did he do it). I'm still interested to see where her story goes though.

What are your thoughts?

Should Catelyn have stayed dead and Dondarrion to still be leading the BWB or

Do you like where this story is heading with Lady Stoneheart

Beric was tired of being killed an resurrected ("six times is to much"), and decided to ressurrect Cat.Also this prompted a change in the objectives of the BwB, which turned into a Frey killing group, simbolizing the brutalization of Westeros through the war, the "every man has beast inside him, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" theme.

Beric was too much for me, but at least he had the benefit of originality. This undead thing is the thing that comes closest to making me not want to read. As a narrative or a theme, it really annoys me. I am hoping Cat's the end of all that crap.

I hope UnCat dies soon. Sure, i was originally happy when she came back and i dont mind the Undead thing at all. But some attrocities have been committed by her and shes turned the Brotherhood from a formation more akin to the merry men of Robin Hood, to Gregor Clegane and his mad rapers. It hurts to see and i hope Brienne or the BF put her down soon

So Beric for me. Likely a better strategist and a handy fighter. Obviously liked by his men, and put there for a reason by his Hand

Jaime's arc is going to end up very closely tied to one of the Stark kids. Remember the dream he had while sleeping on a weirwood root? This is the dream that prompted him to return to Breinne, and we all know who is in control of the weirwood network. I suspect that Jaime will end up protecting Jon once it's revealed he is Rhaegar's son, Jaime always seemed to like Rhaegar. What ever happens with this trial with Uncat, Brienne, and Jaime is going to be very important.

I never realized it but there are 2 very important trials that should be at the beginning of the next book, both for the Lannister twins.

I think Stoneheart's going to have an important role to play. She doesn't thrill me at the moment (I do prefer Beric), but I'm sure GRRM has something up his sleeve to make the Stoneheart arc more compelling.

I would like her to be reunited with at least one of her children, but I'm not sure how probable that is. I think witnessing that scene might make me like her a little more, although I don't see myself forgiving her Frey witch hunt (I appreciate she wants vengeance, but hanging innocents is a no-no).

I dont like the idea of characters coming back from the dead. It takes away from the power and significance of their death. One undead character is fine. But when several characters are coming back to life, someone dying loses a lot of significance because the reader will not see it as final.

I dont like the idea of characters coming back from the dead. It takes away from the power and significance of their death. One undead character is fine. But when several characters are coming back to life, someone dying loses a lot of significance because the reader will not see it as final.

Quoted for truth. I mean, did anyone ever believe Jon was dead?

On topic: Beric. A million times, Beric. I liked Cat and actually liked the twist of her resurrection. Didn't see it coming at all. But UnCat isn't Cat. I do take some delight in watching her terrorise the Freys but the BwB were so much more interesting under Beric. Now they're merely minions in her vendetta.

Quoted for truth. I mean, did anyone ever believe Jon was dead?

Im still holding out hope that Jon isnt coming back as an undead. It would annoy me to no end if thats the case. Because if Jon and Cat, why not Ned? Why dont we see an undead Tywin running around? It makes every death trivial.

(so why did he do it)

What are your thoughts?

Should Catelyn have stayed dead and Dondarrion to still be leading the BWB or

Do you like where this story is heading with Lady Stoneheart

Beric was getting tired of his resurrections, they were eating his memories and his personality. To give his life to the wife of the hand of his King helped him reach his peace. Something he earned too.

Unless Lady Stoneheart's eventual fate has something to do with her finding her kids, I don't think it was the best decision to bring her back. It seems like her main purpose is tied to Jaime's arc, rather than any of the Stark children.

Yes... a maker or breaker for me with SOS's Resurrection is whether or not Stoneheart has a real end purpose. Time will tell.

Im still holding out hope that Jon isnt coming back as an undead. It would annoy me to no end if thats the case. Because if Jon and Cat, why not Ned? Why dont we see an undead Tywin running around? It makes every death trivial.

Agreed. Would love him to be dead just to get back to that 'anyone-can-die' feeling. At the same time, for a such an important character it'd make his entire arc very anti-climactic.

I just hope UnCat doesn't show up at the wall to raise UnJon.

Haha! That would be hilarious.

Beric may have had his faults but he proved to be focused on protecting the smallfolk, and he didn't kill children.

UnCat is focused purely on revenge, and even went so far as to hang Pod for being Tyrion's squire and being with Brienne, even when he did nothing to harm her family.

Archived