Stoneheart or Dondarrion?

I love Stoneheart.

Beric's original BWB I thought was too self-righteous even though they were clearly just bandits.

Stoneheart is ruthless. She has a plan.

Feed the Crows.

I want her to kill as many as she can, starting with Jaime. Brienne is cool, but I could care less about her if she lives or dies. She's too small of a character in the grand scheme of things.

Beric may have had his faults but he proved to be focused on protecting the smallfolk, and he didn't kill children.

How do you know this? None of those present when Pod was hanged seem to consider it unusual at all.

UnCat is focused purely on revenge

Wrong. The BWB are still protecting the smallfolk.

I don't get what everyone is complaining about! It's about time somebody in this story got some revenge, even if she did go a little overboard. I think it works nicely too, because on the one hand we want some Stark vengeance, and on the other we've grown to like Pod and Jaime. It creates turmoil for the readers.

I forget exactly when, but Berick promised either Arya or Sansa something which I always thought was a main reason why he brought Catelyn back. And Catelyn suits my idea of this series. I came into the books thinking it would be something of a normal hero story, but its not. This is more like a Jacobean tragedy, or the Norse end of times, and as such, everyone needs to die in horrible ways. Everyone.

Catelyn is the agent of things to come for Westeros. Her and the dragons. And Nymeria. My mind is kill them all. George Martin has set up this world, and all the characters have to live in it, the good and the bad. He has essentially said that good and bad do not equate to life and death. So cull the field, George. I love Stoneheart. She accomplishes what I want. As close to apocalypse as he can get.

How do you know this? None of those present when Pod was hanged seem to consider it unusual at all.

Wrong. The BWB are still protecting the smallfolk.

I dunno about this. In one stage you say it might be normal for them to hang children, in another testify that they are still protecting smallfolk. Are there many noble children being caught by the Brotherhood, or are they hanging the children of peasants?

I dunno about this. In one stage you say it might be normal for them to hang children, in another testify that they are still protecting smallfolk. Are there many noble children being caught by the Brotherhood, or are they hanging the children of peasants?

There are plenty of squires Pod's age in the armies of the factions the BWB has fought, surely they have captured quite a few of them. Not sure what the way they've dealt with them has to do with protecting the smallfolk...

Are there many noble children being caught by the Brotherhood, or are they hanging the children of peasants?
The BwB under Catelyn has an orphanage where they actually protect "children of peasants", the BwB under Beric has not. Forget the hangings, it's clear to me who protects children the most from day to day.

As for Pod, Thoros says it himself: he's not a kid, he admitted being a Lannister soldier, just like that Sarsfield squire at the crossroads.

I think it's better for Beric to have died for Cat. I don't necessarily prefer Catelyn to Beric, but she's certainly a more memorable character even if purely because she was there from the start. And on top of that, i feel like if GRRM thought his character had gone as far as it could go... well, he made him. It's hard to plan anything more for someone who's died 6 times already and can hardly remember anything of his former life.

It really just comes down to what purpose UnCat serves in the end. But what more was Beric going to do? If he couldn't remember much, he might have gone over to the other side for all we know. In some ways, it's a much better fate for him to die for his liege lady than live like a scarecrow of a man.

it's a much better fate for him to die for his liege lady
It's an actually minor nitpick, and I agree with the gist of what you say, but Catelyn is not Beric's liege lady, that would be either Cersei/Myrcella or Selyse/Shireen depending on who you think is the rightful Baratheon family.

It's an actually minor nitpick, and I agree with the gist of what you say, but Catelyn is not Beric's liege lady, that would be either Cersei/Myrcella or Selyse/Shireen depending on who you think is the rightful Baratheon family.

Thank you for reminding me, i always forget about his House's allegiance :) and sorry, i should have phrased that better. You're right, Catelyn isn't his liege lady, what i meant to say was... i can't think whether or not there's a proper word for it. I suppose just the person he, uh, agrees with the most? I really have no idea what you call that. Help a girl out- what's it meant to be called?

Beric Dondarion he was a honorable man and die many times to do what was trying to do for the King Robert (in the voice of Ned ) and Stoneheart just want to kill everybody who didn´t help her and Robb in RW so Beric is more badass he used a fire sword in a one a one and un-Cat only use another persons to do her thinks.

Beric is one of the more tragic figures throughout the series, I felt bad at the way things played out for him even before his final death. It got to the point where he clearly had enough, he couldn't remember the woman he loved and he didn't want to cling to life much longer. So no slight against him, I think death for him was a mercy.

Archived