Video Games: Day One DLC Forever!

Werthead

Review of The Last of Us Beta Demo.

Good marketing plan to get reviewers to do half your job by letting them play entire segments of the game and post reviews about what they've played.

Looks pretty damned good. If you don't have a PS3 then now is the time to consider getting one, if this is your kind of game. Or maybe closer to PS4 launch when I suspect there will be another price cut for PS3. I think this game is going to have to be pushed to the top of my most wanted list. Though I'm not sure whther it should knock Dark Souls off the top spot or not.

Arkham Origins has its

Looks interesting, but stylistically off from the other games. If its an origin story, why does Batman look 50 years old? If its not an Origin... then don't call it Origins. It has Black Mask in it, which would imply some significant Batman history prior to the game. Also, why the hell is Batman essentially wearing what looks to be a suit of medieval plate mail?!!?

Arkham Origins has its

Looks interesting, but stylistically off from the other games. If its an origin story, why does Batman look 50 years old? If its not an Origin... then don't call it Origins. It has Black Mask in it, which would imply some significant Batman history prior to the game. Also, why the hell is Batman essentially wearing what looks to be a suit of medieval plate mail?!!?

CGI looks nice, but that doesn't tell us anything about how the game will look, and whether it'll look nexgen or just slightly nicer than current gen (for consoles that is, I imagine the PC version will look sweet as).

The suit looks like a "first gen" Batman suit might look, bulky, heavy and a little restrictive.

This is something completely and totally unprecedented in the history of everything: Peter Molyneux ballses up what should have been an exceptionally straightforward communication with the backers of his Kickstarter game, GODUS. Firstly, GODUS now has a publisher. Despite the game being Kickstarted specifically on the promise of there not being a publisher. Then there's an immense amount of guff about the game's mobile versions being released with no mention of the PC version, despite that being the format the overwhelming majority of backers were interested in.

There's the feeling that Molyneux has used his own profile and that of the Kickstarted PC version to get a publisher on board, who is pumping in lots of money for the mobile versions and making it sound like the PC version is no longer a priority. Needless to say, people are annoyed. I suspect Molyneux will do a new communication in a few days clarifying the situation. Certainly the PC version remains extant and still in development (as all the previous Kickstarter videos indicate), but it's odd it should go completely unmentioned in this new communication.

This is something completely and totally unprecedented in the history of everything: Peter Molyneux ballses up what should have been an exceptionally straightforward communication with the backers of his Kickstarter game, GODUS. Firstly, GODUS now has a publisher. Despite the game being Kickstarted specifically on the promise of there not being a publisher. Then there's an immense amount of guff about the game's mobile versions being released with no mention of the PC version, despite that being the format the overwhelming majority of backers were interested in.

There's the feeling that Molyneux has used his own profile and that of the Kickstarted PC version to get a publisher on board, who is pumping in lots of money for the mobile versions and making it sound like the PC version is no longer a priority. Needless to say, people are annoyed. I suspect Molyneux will do a new communication in a few days clarifying the situation. Certainly the PC version remains extant and still in development (as all the previous Kickstarter videos indicate), but it's odd it should go completely unmentioned in this new communication.

Wow. Yeah, that's what it sounds like. Launch a PC/Mac project via Kickstarter, and use that profile to attract a publisher for the mobile version of that game. Kind of a scuzzy move.

Why would anyone kickstart a Molyneux project in the first place? The guy makes terrible games that don't even try to live up to his promises. How many Fables does it take for people realize that?

People who remember Populous and Dungeon Keeper. And also think that the brilliant Syndicate, Magic Carpet and Populous II were something to do with him when they weren't, just made at the same company. Molyneux's reputation hinges pretty much on the Bullfrog team's reputation, and nothing he has done since that team split apart has been equal to what came before. I've got no idea why he is so highly-regarded in some quarters.

Anyone have an opinion on Strike Suit Zero? It's on sale on Steam this week and looks potentially interesting. I watched a Giant Bomb quick look when it came out, but felt that QL was a bit perfunctory (even for a quick look).

People who remember Populous and Dungeon Keeper. And also think that the brilliant Syndicate, Magic Carpet and Populous II were something to do with him when they weren't, just made at the same company. Molyneux's reputation hinges pretty much on the Bullfrog team's reputation, and nothing he has done since that team split apart has been equal to what came before. I've got no idea why he is so highly-regarded in some quarters.

He talks a good game when it comes to his new concepts. He's a salesman.

The Xbox reveal has thus far shown absolutely nothing that interests me in anyway. If you're really into Fantasy Sports I guess you might want to get one?

That's about all I've learned so far.

Edit: "You've tasted a new generation of games." - No we haven't. You showed prerendered footage of Forza 5, some new game called Quantum Break that we still know nothing about and EA sports titles that aren't exclusive anyway. 90% of the presentation has been about live TV, Kinect features and sports.

I don't know what I expected.

And now this guy is gonna talk about the new CoD game like it's gonna be innovative. :lol:

ETA: Yeah the CoD gameplay looks exactly the same.

I'm actually pretty jazzed about it. No, not as a video gaming system; that's not showing anything new, though having all games assume there's a kinect will allow for at least some fun interaction.

But seamless video phone calling on your television? While you're watching live TV and movies? That's the future, right there. That's what has been promised to us for about 40 years. Interactive TV and chat and whatnot on the same device is pretty hawt, but the skype feature is really, really cool as hell.

As with all console related announcements I'm monumentally un-bothered and haven't heard anything that I can't already do on my PC, and indeed haven't already been able to do on my PC for years.

Yeah, this sounds like the bro console. I'll probably stick with PC and get PS4 once there's some great games. Maybe a Wii U after a 3d mario game and a price drop.

ETA: I wonder if the new Xbox pad is going to have PC support.

Shocker! Peter Molyneux over-promises and under-delivers! Film at 11!

(Sorry Wert, not intended to snark you, but Molyneux is just such a charlatan these days)

Archived