That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

Well I liked aspects of both Cersei and Tyrions POVs but I have to say, Cersei descent into madness was WAY more enjoyable than Tyrion's drunk escapades in the east.

:agree: Seeing a trainwreck is always more interesting than seeing a sad sack mope for 10+ chapters. I love Tyrion's chapters in ACoK and ASoS but ADwD was dreadful.

Well I liked aspects of both Cersei and Tyrions POVs but I have to say, Cersei descent into madness was WAY more enjoyable than Tyrion's drunk escapades in the east.

To be fair, I do find Cersei's brand of madness more enjoyable than Joffrey's I'll give her that much.

I almost didn't miss her son because she was there...almost.

Yeah, i didn't like him since got. I just don't see the appeal to him, he just sits around spending his dads money and bitching about his lot in life.

Tell the truth, you don't like him cause he helped defeat Stannis at the Blackwater.

Not to be rude or anything, but it really sounds like you hate female characters.

No I am an equal opportunity hater. Just my top three just so happen to be female. I hate Varys but he"s no POV. I also hate Victarion and Ramsey. I hate Aeron and Oberyn.

I love Arya, Brienne, Arienne, The Sandsnakes, Marge, Olenna and Val

Boatride + Cyvasse Tyrion was a pain to trudge through I agree. But post-slavery he was back in his element, using his wits to defeat guys three times his size. Those later chapters got me back into Tyrion's corner. As for daddy's money, he basically bought his freedom with his trust fund.

I think cer$ei is actually allot more moral then tyrion is.

Personally I find Tyrion irreverent and funny. There is only one guy more funny than Tyrion. Delorous Ed Tollet. That dude should have his own POV. He has the greatest one liners of all time.

No I am an equal opportunity hater. Just my top three just so happen to be female. I hate Varys but he"s no POV. I also hate Victarion and Ramsey. I hate Aeron and Oberyn.

I love Arya, Brienne, Arienne, The Sandsnakes, Marge, Olenna and Val

May i ask why Oberyn? i understand the rest except this

(well not Varys either because we dont know his true motives)

Areo Hotah - So far he's there so we can see Doran.

Arys Oakheart - Wouldn't Arianne's POV be enough? I guess that George wanted to convey how driven and heartless she can be that she fools this brave, sweet man, who truly loves her, that she returns his feelings, but in fact only uses him to fulfill her ambition.

Quentyn Martell - I liked him, I really did; such a nice, shy, plain, all around ordinary boy, who would wish to marry a girl next door and live quietly, but has to put up with being a "hero"... Only, we truly didn't need his chapters for the greater story. At most, he should have two, IMO: the first one, in which he tells that "Adventure stank" and then the final one, where he makes the deal with the Tattered Prince and lets the dragons loose.

Brienne of Tarth - I like Brienne as well, but why so many chapters?

Admit it, there's that one POV character who you just really don't care about. When you see their name heading the next chapter you're just like UGH. But you made yourself read those chapters anyway even though you have this massive weight in your stomach, wanting the chapter to end already.

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion for sure, but for me it was Jon Snow. I just don't find his story that interesting compared to the others. Most of his chapters just feel like a "checking in" and nothing really happens. Oh great, here's another chapter of Jon making stupid decisions and displaying his incompetence. I can't express enough how much I loathe seeing his name on the next chapter I'm reading.

So which POV character is it for you? And why?

I guess Arya in FFC and DWD. She is the only character that has a POV chapter in every book and while her chapters in her first three books were interesting, her Essos storyline so far is not as interesting in my opinion. Too many details and information for characters or situations that drift from the main storyline.

Also I don't care about Victarion and Aeron. Hopefully Victarion's chapter might merge with Barristan's or Tyrion's or Dany's, in case he meets them in Essos.

Archived