The Mountain recast!

Steinnis

Well he's got the physique. The recast doesn't really bother me considering the Mountain has had so little screen time and has been in full body armour most of the time. His age shouldn't be a problem either for the same reason.

Accent might be a problem though, he does at least have to shout a bit during his duel.

Why would they recast the character TWO TIMES?! This is insane. I was confident Ian Whyte would go at least an adequate job.

Most viewers probably won't even remember Whyte in season 2, he barely spoke two words. I think this was a good choice, Whyte is away filming two movies atm I think.

I am excited. I am big fan of Thor as a strongman and think he will win Worlds Strongest Man at some point. This will be awesome, I don't really care about his lack of acting skills lol. Oh and although he is 24ish he looks about 35 so I wouldn't worry too much about his age.

He has the physique and if he is given little to no dialogue can sidestep the issue of his lack of acting experience/heavy accent. Still, I would have liked it if they had kept an actor consistently for the Mountain. Besides that the Mountain in particular is so unmemorable in the show [in my mind] because it omits all the details [case in point Elia] that show him to be the monster he is. They could reveal this backstory in season 4 since Oberyn will be in it and his motivations will need to be explained but the Mountain is such a minor character without all the things mentioned/done in the books about/by him I wonder if it is too late to get people invested in him.

Most viewers probably won't even remember Whyte in season 2, he barely spoke two words. I think this was a good choice, Whyte is away filming two movies atm I think.

I know I am one of those viewers. I had no idea Gregor was played by 2 different actors in the first 2 seasons. That was how little screen time he had.

The character will certainly be build up through the season for the duel, so I think that, even if Thor has never act professionaly before, he'll pull him of and will have to play decently in the (imo) two or three scenes that must be given to the character before the epic moment.

Archived