NHL 2013-14 - Yes, there's a thread for that

Jabronius Maximus

I went to bed halfway through that oilers Jets game. I had quite the surprise when I woke up.

If Winnipeg's power play dosn't suck, Buff plays consistently (I was ready to turf him at the end I last season), and our 2nd and 3rd lines do more than kill time this year (which I think is likely) the Jets should make the playoffs.

Win the cup? No way. Boston, Vancouver or Chicago would ram us into a crippled mess.

But a couple years from now when our rookies fill out? Watch out!

Should be good hockey this (Full!) season regardless

A pretty impressive Jets win against the Kings last night. I'm liking our rookies so far (mind you it's only been two games), especially the 19 year old, Trouba. I've been hearing so much about this kid, and by improving every game, from preseason to now, he's starting to look like the real deal. Who knows, he may end up this year's Erik Karlsson.

It's still really early for any observations with real weight, but man its fun to be in the East at last.

Also, Howard has looked very sharp so far.

Mostly I just felt like telling everyone I get to play in a game against the Red Wing Alumni team later this month. :smug:

What the hell?! I just switched over form my Jets (of NY) to watch the Devil's post game and they're in OT?!

ETA: Wow...My Devils are not going to be in the playoffs.

A little early to hit the panic button, but as a Devils fan an 0-3 start is concerning.

I especially wanted the Devils to have a good year, and make a deep run considering it could be Marty's last season. If they do miss the playoffs, that would be a horrible way to end such a great career.

For statistical purposes, Marty should have retired near the end of last season. Not because he's bad, but as far as I can remember, the team went on a short losing streak after his 666th regular season win... :devil:

Joe Thornton just dropped the quote of the year in an interview with the Vancouver Province:

Thornton provided an R-rated answer when asked how he would celebrate if he were to score four goals in a single game like rookie teammate Hertl did Tuesday.

-"I'd have my c--- out if I scored four goals. I'd have my c--- out, stroking it," Thornton said.

:D I hope he never scores 4 in a game

Another Devils fan, right on! I hope they start strong, and get some much needed scoring from Ryder and Clowe, to help fill the void of Kovalchuck and Clarkson being gone.

Ryan may not score as much as you'd like, but he definitely does SOMETHING interesting every tilt. He reminds me of a young Owen Nolan. "Yeah I can score motherfucker, but right now I'll take 5 to punch you in the face." I was sad to see him go.

Heh, Sean McIndoe wrote a preview for Grantland where he broke the teams up into four groups (I guess in honor of the new realignment) - Cup contenders, disasters, better-than-you-think teams, and I-have-no-idea teams. His ceiling for the Devils was winning the Stanley Cup, and his floor was worst team in the league. I enjoyed that.

Link please?

It's still really early for any observations with real weight, but man its fun to be in the East at last.

Also, Howard has looked very sharp so far.

Mostly I just felt like telling everyone I get to play in a game against the Red Wing Alumni team later this month. :smug:

I once went on vacation in Minnesota and sat in a hot tub drinking beer with a Wild D-man. (I forgot his name.) The girls were all over him. Bastard.

Joe Thornton just dropped the quote of the year in an interview with the Vancouver Province:

:D I hope he never scores 4 in a game

Don't worry. That will never happen. 6 assists? Sure. 4 goals, no fucking way.

Phenomenal player. But a total pussy when it comes to shooting.

I'll be at the game tonight, Not expecting to win. Toronto has looked strong as hell and The Preds have looked mediocre.

Well looks like the Preds did get thrashed. Thing about the Leafs is they always seem to get out shot, yet find a way to win. I don't know if they can hold that up, but they look damn good and I don't have much hope for the Oilers on Saturday.

Archived