Jennifer Ehle cast as Catelyn Stark

Pluggers

Yowza! No wonder GRRM was hopping about this. :)

Ehle won the Best Actress BAFTA for playing

in Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth one). And yes, even as I drooled over Mr Darcy, I still noticed Lizzie.

eta:

good scene from P&P

Goddamnit!

This is an awesome casting decision and an idea I really should have had. Jennifer Ehle is an excellent actress with a tremendous body of work. She could sell Cat really well.

In addition to the BAFTA she also won a Tony Award in 2000 for Tom Stoppard's "The Real Thing."

I've got to admit, I'm not familiar with her work, but she's certainly earned a lot of respect in the business it would seem. Sweet!

Edit: make that TWO TIME Tony Award winner - she won Best Actress again in 2007 for Stoppard's "The Coast of Utopia." Man, I wanted to see that. It's supposed to be amazing, but I just didn't have the spare $$$ at the time.

Oh, I'm so please with this! I wasn't familiar with her name but loved her Lizzie opposite Colin Firth in P&P, its my favorite version, in large measure due to her (and well, to be honest, due to lovely brooding Colin). This is exciting!

Oh, I'm so please with this! I wasn't familiar with her name but loved her Lizzie opposite Colin Firth in P&P, its my favorite version, in large measure due to her (and well, to be honest, due to lovely brooding Colin). This is exciting!

I completely agree

Here's some good clips of her from "Possession." She's even got the right hair color in this role and that hooded costume looks like it could easily be something Catelyn would wear.

Northam could have been a pretty good Ned Stark. Definitely can pull off the "quiet wolf" and father aspect. Bean is more believable as the legendary warrior though.

Here's some good clips of her from "Possession." She's even got the right hair color in this role and that hooded costume looks like it could easily be something Catelyn would wear.

Interesting clip. I love Jeremy Northam, but knew nothing of this movie! I just went to Netflix to order it, but its not there. Was this released in the U.S? How long ago? Drat! Now that I know it exists, I want to see it!

This production news really just keeps getting better and better.

Award winners? Sure, we've got a few...

Gillian Anderson would have brought fanboys, but Jennifer Ehle brings a whopping ton of respect. Kudos to Dave, Dan & co. for another win.

Interesting that she's not British-born. Her accent is impeccable.

Interesting clip. I love Jeremy Northam, but knew nothing of this movie! I just went to Netflix to order it, but its not there. Was this released in the U.S? How long ago? Drat! Now that I know it exists, I want to see it!

I saw it in the theaters so it was released in the US. I also have the DVD which says 2002 on it so I guess that was the year it came out here. I ran out to see it the minute it came out because its based on one of my favorite books by A.S. Byatt.

Archived