[Spoilers] Why does everyone think Victarion will..

The Iron Banker

Because Victarion isn't exactly an equal-opportunity guy, and his way of "courting" Dany could turn sour really soon. Same with his attitude to alliances. Still, I expect him to survive for quite some time.

Terribly unlikely. The guy is an eunuch, he won't command any respect beyond the Unsullied themselves. Westerosi and Essosi soldiers want a man to lead them in battle. Not a boy, not a cripple, not a woman, not a girl and least of all an eunuch.

I believe this is not true if we take real life history.

In medieval times eunuchs could climb quite high at courts and as battle commanders since eunuchs castrated as adults can indeed be fearsome fighters. Frederic of Sicily commanded and won battles as boy at the age of fourteen, Friedrich II of Prussia was respected as fighter even when he was an older man, although being small and somewhat stunted and Richard III was a skilled soldier even if he had skoliosis. It is only in cultures with more primitive ideologies of warfare, where the commander always has to fight in the first row, where there might be a problem of acceptance. But the more sopisticated and strategy oriented warfare became the more accepted was a commander who is crippled or castrated and makes up for it with experience and cunning. After all it is competence that ensures the survival of his soldiers. Although female battle commanders would have a hard time to overcome prejudices.

Victarion isn't dumb. I tihnk he will get his hands on a dragon for maybe like a second, UNLESSSS

Dragonbinder is a "smart horn". Soo Moqorro is the one instructing Victarion to do this or that with the horn.....but if therefore if HE is in control of Victarion, then is the Black Flame himself not the one that would be in control of the horn as well?

He who controls the man who controls the horn, also controls the horn, am I right?

What's the difference if he abducts her for himself or for Euron?

Because Victarion's logic would be that he is saving her from a monster like Euron to become his own wife!

Hence why Victarion is amazing

Of course there is also a theroy that he is already dead. Don't buy that myself though.

There is fairly good foreshadowing that Victarion will die in the Dothraki sea. Stuff like Vic: "I'd sail to hell" and Dany: "looking into Drogon's maw was looking into hell." That combines with the 'dragons so large they could pluck a kraken from the sea.' Also something about the Dothraki sea looking like a sea of blood, and Vic is somehow connected to it. You should ask Fire Eater, I'm drunk and my quotes are off the top of my head. The point is Victarion will be killed by Drogon while searching for Dany on the Dothraki Sea.

There's equally good foreshadow that Victarion will be killed by the Dusky Woman because Moqorro says "Your death is here in this room," when the only people there are Vic, Moqorro, and the Dusky Woman.

Personally I believe Victarion has enough plot armor to get him back to Westeros before he dies. On Claw Isle there is a treasure that Stannis was tempted to loot. Plenty of gold and silver, but also a horn to summon monsters from the depths and a Valyrian steel axe. The Kraken horn would be appropriate for any Greyjoy, and there are several warriors who wield axes, but both of them together? There's only one character who's meant to get that treasure.

I think Vic will fill the second of Dany's 'Bride of Fire' prophecies Lord knows he is her type as he's pretty much the Drogo of the seas. The 'bright eyes' means he's getting wightified, so hopefully he'll go down atop a pile of wights, his Valyrian steel axe buried deep in the skull of an Other.

There is fairly good foreshadowing that Victarion will die in the Dothraki sea. Stuff like Vic: "I'd sail to hell" and Dany: "looking into Drogon's maw was looking into hell." That combines with the 'dragons so large they could pluck a kraken from the sea.' Also something about the Dothraki sea looking like a sea of blood, and Vic is somehow connected to it. You should ask Fire Eater, I'm drunk and my quotes are off the top of my head. The point is Victarion will be killed by Drogon while searching for Dany on the Dothraki Sea.

There's equally good foreshadow that Victarion will be killed by the Dusky Woman because Moqorro says "Your death is here in this room," when the only people there are Vic, Moqorro, and the Dusky Woman.

Personally I believe Victarion has enough plot armor to get him back to Westeros before he dies. On Claw Isle there is a treasure that Stannis was tempted to loot. Plenty of gold and silver, but also a horn to summon monsters from the depths and a Valyrian steel axe. The Kraken horn would be appropriate for any Greyjoy, and there are several warriors who wield axes, but both of them together? There's only one character who's meant to get that treasure.

I think Vic will fill the second of Dany's 'Bride of Fire' prophecies Lord knows he is her type as he's pretty much the Drogo of the seas. The 'bright eyes' means he's getting wightified, so hopefully he'll go down atop a pile of wights, his Valyrian steel axe buried deep in the skull of an Other.

Sounds epic, well written

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

"You ought to see it [Dothraki Sea] when it blooms, all dark red flowers from horizon to horizon, like a sea of blood."

Dany's description of Drogon: I am looking into hell

Victarion: "I could sail the Iron Fleet to hell if need be."

"There are tales of dragons who grew so huge that they could pluck giant krakens from the seas."

I don't think he will die in the Battle of Meereen, but later upon the Dothraki Sea when he goes to find Dany. Drogon will likely pluck Victarion from the Dothraki Sea after Dany learns that he killed Barristan along with her suitors: Hizdahr, Daario and Jorah. Besides Moqorro told Victarion that he saw the glory that awaited him, and later in the same chapter we see Victarion tell slave girls of the honor that awaited them before they are burned as a sacrifice.

Victarion's goals (stealing the dragons for himself using the horn, forcing Dany to marry him, and putting Westeros under the banner of the Iron Islands) won't mesh well with what other characters want. He basically want to steal Dany's cheese for himself.

That is made worse by Victarion's lack of flexibility, creativity and ability to compromise; he could have easily convinced Asha to support his claim to the Seastone Chair, offering her some arrangement, but he was unable to alter his plans by a milimeter.

Victarion the Awesome, I like the idea about the dusky woman. Eurons gifts are truely poison. But i would like to see dany and Drogon take down Vic and claim the iron fleet by paying the iron price.

The iron born believe in this idea of the Iron Price, similar to the Dothraki only fallowing a strong Khal, i believe if Dany defeats Victarion in the field, the iron born will bend the knee to her.

ps: We Do Not Sew, We Do Sew Knots

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

"You ought to see it [Dothraki Sea] when it blooms, all dark red flowers from horizon to horizon, like a sea of blood."

Dany's description of Drogon: I am looking into hell

Victarion: "I could sail the Iron Fleet to hell if need be."

"There are tales of dragons who grew so huge that they could pluck giant krakens from the seas."

I don't think he will die in the Battle of Meereen, but later upon the Dothraki Sea when he goes to find Dany. Drogon will likely pluck Victarion from the Dothraki Sea after Dany learns that he killed Barristan along with her suitors: Hizdahr, Daario and Jorah. Besides Moqorro told Victarion that he saw the glory that awaited him, and later in the same chapter we see Victarion tell slave girls of the honor that awaited them before they are burned as a sacrifice.

I have no doubt that Victarion will burn to death, most likely by dragon fire. But I think it'll happen when he tries to claim a dragon with that horn. Dany didn't need a horn to claim Drogon And in TP&TQ we learn

that sheep are the way to a dragon's heart.

Either the dragon's gonna like him or he isn't.

And since TP&TQ neither proves nor disproves that Targ blood is required to mount a dragon, I'm sticking with the assumption that it is.

Crack pot: Am I the only one who thinks darrio is dead already? At the start of the battle or meereen, I remember the catapults were throwing bodies, and I assumed it was the three 'hostages' they had. ofc I could of misread.

In Barristan I of Winds we learn that the bodies are corpes infected with the pale mare.

Victarion tends to take people and situations at face value and has limited impulse control and critical reasoning skills, which historically tends to be lethal for people in this series. I like the guy, and I don't think he's a total idiot, but he's a very simple person with a lot of power who is wading directly into the path of a bizarre and probably supernatural conspiracy. That's bad news and I'm not convinced that he has the mental agility and cunning to keep his head above water. He may surprise though!

I don't think he dies in Essos either. His purpose is to get Dany and her army back to Westeros, I think he's safe until he's done that. I don't see him being her new general though, he knows nothing about conventional land warfare. He will be her admiral perhaps though. If Barristan dies in Essos, I honestly don't know who would lead Dany's army, maybe Grey Worm?

If Barristan dies, he best die in some spectacular manner.

If Dany did not have reasons to completely loathe Jamie or Stannis,both would have made wonderful commanders. So I am still hoping that Barristan survives and hopefully that Vic dies in a embarrassing way.I hated him from reading of what he did to his salt wife and started to loathe him with what happened to the bed slaves.

Archived