College Basketball: Whose All-American Team is Worse?

Matrim Fox Cauthon

Not sure this has been said before...does young Roy Williams look like Nick Saban? Do we know Saban's paternity?

There is a strong chance that The Rat and The Pout (Boeheim) are actually vampires because neither of them have changed ever.

Not sure this has been said before...does young Roy Williams look like Nick Saban? Do we know Saban's paternity?

There is a strong chance that The Rat and The Pout (Boeheim) are actually vampires because neither of them have changed ever.

Nor have any of the coaches that coached under them... I suspect its some sort of weird sexual/bloodlust cult type thing making their younger counterparts part of the coven. That's the only possible explanation I can think of.

Sporting News has a photo essay of College Coaches Then and Now.

I believe just about everyone's rooting interests around here are covered.

I love the Izzo "then" photo more than most. :lol:

Wow, Patino with that lovely shorts and socks combo. That was my favorite until I got to Izzo. Oh, Izzo.

So this may be a stupid question, but do you think a high top fade that adds a 3 or 4 inches to a kid's height offers a strategic advantage? It seems like a non-negligible part of the advantage of being tall is obstructing view at eye level and appearing imposing. I mean a kid with an abnormally a large forehead and tall head would be given credit for the extra inch or so of height, but why not measure from the top of the hair?

So this may be a stupid question, but do you think a high top fade that adds a 3 or 4 inches to a kid's height offers a strategic advantage? It seems like a non-negligible part of the advantage of being tall is obstructing view at eye level and appearing imposing. I mean a kid with an abnormally a large forehead and tall head would be given credit for the extra inch or so of height, but why not measure from the top of the hair?

They do in Fletch.

That last 25.2 secs in the UNC-Texas game might have been one of the longest 25.2 seconds ever. Texas is much better than they were expected to be at the start of the season; Isaiah Taylor looks like he'll be a good one.

I watched a Big-10 ( :ack: ) game a couple of seasons ago and the last minute and a half lasted 26 minutes.

How the fuck did UConn end up ranked 10th? Nice win for Stanford, one of the few good ones in Dawkins' tenure, but man, the heroball that Shabazz Napier was playing was J.R. Smith-esque.

Did Uconn really score 12 points in the second half?

13. I had the beginnings of a sports headache watching it. It's like they've never seen zone before(which is no surprise since zone has given them trouble for the last few years). Standing around taking long three's or the big guys just not finishing. Anytime Omar Calhoun puts up a three, I die a little inside...he blows. Oh well, my dream of a perfect season is over, it was a good run.

How the fuck did UConn end up ranked 10th? Nice win for Stanford, one of the few good ones in Dawkins' tenure, but man, the heroball that Shabazz Napier was playing was J.R. Smith-esque.

As bad as those shots were, I didn't mind it because nobody else on the team was doing a fucking thing and he is known to make those shots. Their record is the only reason, they were undefeated.

Sound like Hairston is going to be out for the season and most likely turn pro.

Hey, the offer still stands - let me know if you want Duke to take your unranked and you take our ranked.

I know there are still some very good unbeatens, but does it seem like there is more (I hate to use this word) parity in what we're seeing so far? Or am I just a little blue blinded? AZ is #1, but almost lost to Drexel, UNLV & Michigan. Cuse appears to have problems with religion, squeaking wins against St. Johns & St. Francis (NY). OSU struggled against American & Delaware. In prior years it seemed like if a top ranked team was getting challenged or losing, it really was a thing. This year it seems like it's another Tuesday.

Liked how Duke looked in the 2nd half. Not sure if it was adjustments, getting their head out of their butt, whatever - but they started playing defense like they need to. They are not going to be putting up big numbers for blocks but if they can play at the intensity they did, they can legitimately earn their way back into the top 5.

Archived