In terms of atrocities committed, are dany and Stannis equal?

E-Ro

People liked Renly better, no one would of been too upset if Renly jumped in the line of succession other than Stannis and his followers, few as they were. And besides Robert took the throne the exact same way Renly planned to, so that makes Robert an usurper and Stannis has no more claim than Renly.

Renly would've made a horrible and a weak King.

His entire small council will be filled with Lannisters with Roses

Renly's lover Tyrell

Renly's wife Tyrell

Renly's Hand Mace Tyrell

Renly's Master of Coin Garth Tyrell

Renly's Justicar Randyll Tarly (Tyrell bannerman)

Renly's Master of Whisperers Olenna Tyrell

Renly's Master of Ships Paxter Redwyne (Tyrell bannerman)

How do you think Renly will get his own way in ruling the Kingdoms when he is surrounded by Tyrells? You might aswell shift your capital to Highgarden.

Renly would have been weaker than Robert.

Renly would've made a horrible and a weak King.

His entire small council will be filled with Lannisters with Roses

Renly's lover Tyrell

Renly's wife Tyrell

Renly's Hand Mace Tyrell

Renly's Master of Coin Garth Tyrell

Renly's Justicar Randyll Tarly (Tyrell bannerman)

Renly's Master of Whisperers Olenna Tyrell

Renly's Master of Ships Paxter Redwyne (Tyrell bannerman)

How do you think Renly will get his own way in ruling the Kingdoms when he is surrounded by Tyrells? You might aswell shift your capital to Highgarden.

Renly would have been weaker than Robert.

And we automatically assume that a council led by Lannisters and Tyrells was going to fail?

It wasn't just the Tyrells who followed Renly, the Stormlords followed him as well, and the smallfolk also seem to have had a great love for Renly. Even if he was just a Tyrell puppet, which I don't think he was, he still would of been the best option for king between him and his brother. Stannis killing him ensured Lannister victory.

How is she a hypocrite? She had a moment of self-doubt. Have you ever made a decision and then have doubts about it? Have you ever looked at something you did in retrospect and questioned the reason you did it? All I see are people grasping at straws and twisting every little thing as a reason to hate Dany. I honestly don't get this. Of course you can choose to interpret it that way because it suits your agenda or whatever beef it is you have with Dany but that doesn't make it fact.

Dany is arguably the biggest hypocrite in the series.

Why even ask?

People liked Renly better, no one would of been too upset if Renly jumped in the line of succession other than Stannis and his followers, few as they were. And besides Robert took the throne the exact same way Renly planned to, so that makes Robert an usurper and Stannis has no more claim than Renly.

That's how I've always looked at it. Robert and Renly were rebelling against tyrannical kings (Aerys & Joff).

"Slavery is bad, except when it isn't."

"You leave your house, it's forfeit, but Westeros still belongs to me."

"My lawful rights trump everything, but I planned on my unborn son getting the throne over my brother with the superior claim."

And my absolute favorite.

"Robert and his line are usurpers"

*usurped Meereen*

It wasn't just the Tyrells who followed Renly, the Stormlords followed him as well, and the smallfolk also seem to have had a great love for Renly. Even if he was just a Tyrell puppet, which I don't think he was, he still would of been the best option for king. Stannis killing him ensured Lannister victory.

Lets see. Fact is Stannis gets all of his DS bannermen to follow him, something that Renly cannot get done. Andrew and Lormas Estermont, Lord Swann, Selwyn Tarth etc just dont answer to his call or insted go to Stannis camp.

Then, when this beloved guy died nobody besides Loras and Penrose give a shit. They all happily switch cloaks. Just compare it with Stannis men attitude after BW...that Florent insulting Joff in the face...the loyalty of men like Davos or Rolland Storm....the faith of those 1500 men he takes north with him...who is really the "loved" ?

Lets see. Fact is Stannis gets all of his DS bannermen to follow him, something that Renly cannot get done. Andrew and Lormas Estermont, Lord Swann, Selwyn Tarth etc just dont answer to his call or insted go to Stannis camp.

Then, when this beloved guy died nobody besides Loras and Penrose give a shit. They all happily switch cloaks. Just compare it with Stannis men attitude after BW...that Florent insulting Joff in the face...the loyalty of men like Davos or Rolland Storm....the faith of those 1500 men he takes north with him...who is really the "loved" ?

People forget Asha's quote on Stannis.

"Slavery is bad, except when it isn't."

I don't agree with that point. You'd say she used to use slaves when she was with the khalasar or with Xaro or with Illyrio. After she realized what an aborable practice it is, she tried to end it - that matters. Let's not go on about how successful it was - as long as we talk about hypocrisy, we need bother ourselves only about intentions.

When Yunkaii are organizing slave camps outside Meereen, she can hardly do anything as it is not her dominion. And within city, people are given freedom to have themselves sold as slaves. In such a time period she couldn't have changed their mindsets all agree. You just can't call Daenerys pro-slavery.

Archived