Emotional moments that failed to touch you

Arya kiddin'

Wow! You guys are brutal! Nothing moves you? :dunno: I wouldn't say I'm moved to tears when the emotional moments happen but I definitely feel sad about lots of them:

Theon was written so well that I could feel for him yet simultaneously wish for his death. I DEFINITELY FEEL BAD FOR THEON AND CANNOT REREAD HIS SCENES.

The RW except for Greywind dying. I'm pretty sure I laughed maniacally. A LITTLE SAD BUT I KNEW ABOUT IT BEFORE I READ IT SO THE I'M NOT A GOOD JUDGE ON THIS.

Sansa snow castle and the San/San moments. YEAH, WERE WE REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE MOVED BY ANY OF THESE EXCEPT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS POOR GIRL BEING TERRORIZED YET AGAIN? THE SNOW CASTLE WAS NICE BUT IS NOT THE MOST MOVING MOMENT IN THE SERIES.

Whenever Jamie is feeling sorry for himself. I WAS DEFINITELY SHOCKED WHEN HE LOST HIS HAND AND KIND OF AS DAZED FOR A WHILE AFTER THAT AS HE WAS.

The Walk of Shame. I felt more for Lena and wondered if there would be a body double than what Cersei was going through. I WAS MOST DEFINITELY MOVED BY THIS AND STILL THINK IT'S ONE OF THE MOST EMOTIONALLY CHARGED THINGS TO READ IN THE SERIES. ONE OF THEM, NOT THE MOST. AND YEAH, I'VE BEEN THINKING HOW LENA WILL DO THIS

Ygritte dying. WHATEVER. I HATED THAT CHARACTER. SHE KNEW NOTHING. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Ned being killed. I was done with him by the time it happened. :bawl: STILL TOUCHED BY THIS ONE. YEAH, I WAS REALLY FRUSTRATED BY THE TIME HE WAS ARRESTED BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP ME FROM FEELING EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT.

Joffrey dying. In the sense that I didn't feel bad for him when he was wanting his mother and her watching him die and also because I waited for his death so long that when it came it was lackluster/a disappointment for me in how it happened. I KNOW MARTIN WANTED US TO FEEL FOR HIM IN THIS BUT I NEVER FELT ANYTHING FOR HIM BUT HATRED.

Dany losing her sun and stars. Good riddance. AW COME ON. IT WAS SAD WHEN SHE HAD TO KILL THE MAN SHE LOVED BECAUSE SHE KNEW HE WASN'T "THERE" ANYMORE.

Sandor crying and making his confession. Annoying/whiny grown ass man. YEAH. I DIDN'T THINK HE WAS WHINY BUT YEAH, NOT MOVING.

Arianne's trouble. I can't connect with her as a character. She comes off flat to me and boring. I DON'T THINK SHE FLAT BUT NOTHING'S THAT BAD FOR HER SO FAR. I AGREE, IT'S HARD TO CONNECT BUT I THINK IT'S BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POVS TO CONNECT THE WAY WE DO WITH OTHER CHARACTERS.

Brienne if she has one. EVERYTHING ABOUT BRIENNE'S STORY AFFECTED ME ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE LOST A CHUNK OF HER FACE BECAUSE IT WAS BITTEN OFF. COME ON. THAT'S CRAZY TRAGIC!

If there's any more I can't remember at this exact moment. I'M SURE THERE IS.

Red Wedding & Oberyn's death take the cake for me.

Also, Sansa's snow castle - until I came to this forum, I didn't even realize that moment was considered "important".

+ every bad event that has happened to the Starks. For some reason, I just can't feel sorry for them.

Its only important because its a Sansa moment.

Emotional moments that failed to touch me:

Red Wedding (I sort of feel ashamed to admit this but I was glad that I finally got rid of Robb and Catelyn - albeit for a short time)

Lysa flying

Shae's death

Drogo's death

Quentyn's death (although I may feel sorry for Doran finding out about this)

Sansa's snow castle

Anything related to Tyrion

Emotional moments that did not fail to touch me:

Oberyn's death

Elia's death

Rhaegar's death

Aerys' death

The Tragedy at Summerhall

The Walk of Shame

Sandor's confession to Sansa and his "death"

Ygritte's death

Bran finding out that he won't be able to walk again (in Bloodraven's cave)

Arya and Sansa learning of the RW

Sansa's treatmentat in KL

All of Qyburn's experiments

Quentyn's death. Seriously i felt nothing at all. Except "Hooo Dany, you are SO boned."

Me too, during that whole chapter all I could think was: you are going to make dragons drowsy and put them on wooden charts to load them onto a wooden ship and cross an ocean with them. Riiiiiiiight.

A million to one chance if I ever saw one, but GRRM is not PTerry.

Penny

Sun and Stars

Lysa

Joffrey

Shae

Snowcastle (how is that supposed to be emotional anyway?)

I was not especially moved by Ygritte's death.

I felt sad however for Quentyn - even though he died because of his own doing.

-Arya leaving Sandor, he's a child murderer, he should have died screaming in pain

-Jaime getting his hand chopped off and him confessing to Brienne, he's a monster who started a war, I have never and will never feel anything for him except hatred, he's a corny loser

-Cersei's walk of shame was funny and I didn't think there was anything touching about the moment, I giggled

-Joffery dying of course it was great to see him go out a like a b!tch but I didn't care and I felt nothing when Cersei was frantic for the little freak

-Theon and his reek treatment and his mind set touches nothing but irritation and impatience that he's not dead. I don't like him never have and never will so I can't care less that he's getting his.

-Tyrion I love him but his trial and his bitterness over the way he was getting treated had me thinking "you know who these people are, you fought to keep these monsters in power and now you mad, whateves"

-Keven he was a Lannister who stood by the side of a monster who brought nothing but death and destruction and I'm suppose to care that you have a wife and children, well you didn't care when you gladly burned the Riverlands

Quentyn's death. Seriously i felt nothing at all. Except "Hooo Dany, you are SO boned."

While I felt the pain of his lingering death in Barristan and Misandei's descriptions, the actual dragon stealing plot going awry with Quentyn's burning left me thinking "What an idiot!!" and I admit, I probably giggled to myself about what douche he was about it all.

Archived