Emotional moments that failed to touch you

Arya kiddin'

I haven't been emotionally touched at all in the series, honestly. I know many get very emotional at certain points, like Ned's death, the Red Wedding, etc. I just don't feel anything towards them. I don't really care about any of the characters to the point where I'd cry or stop reading if they died. I would, however, get very pissed off and disappointed if Stannis died. That's pretty much the only exception.

A fantasy series that does make me get very emotional over certain characters, so much so that on two occasions I've gotten so depressed over one character's death I couldn't focus for the rest of the school day, and the second time I had to put the book down and slightly cry for a minute of so. To be fair, it was 3:30am and I'd been reading for like five hours straight. This series is the Malazan Book of the Fallen, a very underrated but incredible ten book series. I heavily recommend it to anyone that likes ASOIAF.

There are moments that didn't grab me and it's not just disliking a character because Theon was written so well that I could feel for him yet simultaneously wish for his death.

The RW except for Greywind dying. I'm pretty sure I laughed maniacally.

Sansa snow castle and the San/San moments.

Whenever Jamie is feeling sorry for himself.

The Walk of Shame. I felt more for Lena and wondered if there would be a body double than what Cersei was going through.

Ygritte dying.

Ned being killed. I was done with him by the time it happened.

Joffrey dying. In the sense that I didn't feel bad for him when he was wanting his mother and her watching him die and also because I waited for his death so long that when it came it was lackluster/a disappointment for me in how it happened.

Dany losing her sun and stars. Good riddance.

Sandor crying and making his confession. Annoying/whiny grown ass man.

Arianne's trouble. I can't connect with her as a character. She comes off flat to me and boring.

Brienne if she has one.

If there's any more I can't remember at this exact moment.

There are moments that didn't grab me and it's not just disliking a character because Theon was written so well that I could feel for him yet simultaneously wish for his death.

The RW except for Greywind dying. I'm pretty sure I laughed maniacally.

Sansa snow castle and the San/San moments.

Whenever Jamie is feeling sorry for himself.

The Walk of Shame. I felt more for Lena and wondered if there would be a body double than what Cersei was going through.

Ygritte dying.

Ned being killed. I was done with him by the time it happened.

Joffrey dying. In the sense that I didn't feel bad for him when he was wanting his mother and her watching him die and also because I waited for his death so long that when it came it was lackluster/a disappointment for me in how it happened.

Dany losing her sun and stars. Good riddance.

Sandor crying and making his confession. Annoying/whiny grown ass man.

Arianne's trouble. I can't connect with her as a character. She comes off flat to me and boring.

Brienne if she has one.

If there's any more I can't remember at this exact moment.

THIS. Btw how did i forget that forget that Sun and Stars.

I just remembered two moments that made me feel really depressed, just because of how unfair they were. Both from AFfC.

The first was when Brienne met a dwarf septon who was later killed and had his head shown to Cersei.

The second was when Nimble Dick died, and when Brienne gave him a burial and his gold.

Both of these moments affected me more than any of the major emotional moments in the series.

Red Wedding & Oberyn's death take the cake for me.

Also, Sansa's snow castle - until I came to this forum, I didn't even realize that moment was considered "important".

+ every bad event that has happened to the Starks. For some reason, I just can't feel sorry for them.

Archived