Role in WoW: Sansa Stark (Spoilers)

Ours if the Fury

There are some points that you guys are forgetting. First President Jackson isn't the only person in history that could have been pointed to. Henry the 8 married Anne Boyln while still married to Katherine his first wife. He had made the "appearance of trying to rid himself of her" and then took matters into his own hands. Then there is his great grandfather Edward the 3 who might have been still married when he married Elizabeth of Woodsville(she might have been still married).His own grand uncle also married the queen of England and daughter of the king of france not while she was married but Jared Tudor (I think), was basically born of common stock. Anne Boyln's grandfather was a simple merchant upstart, she was 2 generations for being born with dirt beneath her nails. My point is this yes power is a trick on the wall a shadow and it resides where men think it does. The reason that King Henry the 8 could marry and still not have the common revolt or Edward with his possibly married wife is because they knew the trick of making the commons loving them. They had an iron grip on the government and the commons. They were put putty in these rulers' hands. It's not enough for you to call your self a ruler you have to have to ability to effect people without being affected yourself. Anyway back to Sansa and all the possibilities for her future.

Regardless of all that, fact is if poor Lady hadn't died, Bran wouldn't have awoke from his coma. As Bran himself noted in DwD, Lady's death was a necessary sacrifice. The question now is that since all the Stark children are Wargs, whether or not Sansa's warg talents will ever come into play or not. I think they will, and I think having them manifest in a falcon would be a cool take on it.

Sansa is high up in the Eyrie, she dreams of flying like a falcon and all Starks have "gifts". I think there are enough signs that she'll warg/transform/whatever into a falcon and free herself. Added to that I can't help but believe that Sansa's story will have a fairy tale ending, likely with her being a princess to a handsome prince and living happily ever after.

Then again, this is GRRM we're talking about, so most likely she murders LF and dies a horrific, unforeseen death by someone none of us would have guessed :)

Added to that I can't help but believe that Sansa's story will have a fairy tale ending, likely with her being a princess to a handsome prince and living happily ever after.

A fairy tale ending from GRRM?!? But it might be possible that after surviving all her horror, that Sansa gets some semblance of happiness and realizes her dreams of a family.

Sansa may get a fairy tale prince though. She may be brokered to Aegon but in the end she falls for her pretty prince charming.

Only at some point her prince won't be a prince anymore. He will be unveiled as impostor and he and his pretty fiancé (or wife if Tyrion is presumed dead) will barely escape alive, only because Jon or Tyrion might speak for them.

Faegon will be devastated and depressed but Sansa continues to love her fakeprince and the young couple will live in a remote castle more or less happily ever after, married or not but with many puppies.

That's sweet, isn't it! Dreams coming true.

F. Littlefinger marries Sansa to Harry the Heir privately, marches his army of the Vale to the Twins and leaves Harry behind, sacks the Twins, and then marches North for Winterfell.

From what we've heard, I think Harry will do as Littlefinger says in order to be King in title at least. Once she's deflowered and taken from Harry, Sansa I think will be in grave danger of a rape from Littlefinger.

F - Harry the Heir is groomed as Sweetrobin's heir and future leader of the Vale. Sansa is betrothed to HTH, possibly still known as Alayne Stone to all but HTH and a few select lords. Then Sweetrobin dies or is going to be killed, and Sansa flees from the whole situation.

G - Sansa is betrothed to Harry The Heir, but carried off by the Mountain Clans, "in the name of the Halfman". Littlefinger set this up, and intends for Harry and the Vale lords to go off looking for her and get killed. Instead, Jaime Lannister shows up because he thinks Tyrion is with the tribesmen, and ends up rescuing her instead. After a lot of back and forth exchange of information, he returns her to her mother to fulfill his oath.

Yes, G sounds very good. Nonetheless, I think Daenerys is going to land in the Vale first (might as well make good use of those dragons and confiscate a fresh, unblooded army!), and throw Littlefinger's plans into pure chaos. He'll of course come out on top - he thrives on chaos - and might end up being her Hand of the Queen. Sansa might need to keep pretending to be Alayne Stone - I don't think Dany will treat the daughter and possible heir of Eddard Stark too kindly.

I'm not sure this is the proper thread to ask this question in, but everyone here seems to be pretty up on their Sansa theories. So my question is: what is the purpose of the purple hair net? My reasons for asking:

1)The hairnet wasn't necessary for Joffrey's poisoning; Lady Olenna could have just as easily hidden the strangler in a hidden pocket or in one of her own jewels.

2) People in KL assume Sansa is guilty of regicide due to her disappearance after the poisoning and her relationship to Tyrion, nowhere is the hairnet used implicitly in support of her guilt.

3) The hairnet was given to her by Dontos via LF/LO to wear specifically to the wedding, meaning it had to be made for this purpose. Also, the conspirators would have to make sure that Sansa's dress would coordinate with the hairnet (silver dress lined with purple, IIRC). Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go for something that is not going to play a part in implicating her as the guilty party, that was accomplished by her disappearance/Tyrion link. Not to mention the entire plan relied on Sansa's compliance. If she had simply chickened out or decided to change her dress (not realizing the importance of the hairnet, as she was never privy to the plot) she could have foiled the entire thing on a whim.

Those three things lead me to believe something else about the hairnets:

1) each of the purple jewels in the hairnet are strangler crystals, as opposed to the jewels that were not plucked by LO being actual amethysts. My reason for believing this is that it is described as being covered in numerous tiny purple jewels, one at each junction where the silver wire crosses. There is a pretty good chance that the hairnet could be worn askew (in fact this is the cover story for LO retrieving one), and thereby making it pretty dang tough to pick out the correct jewel quickly and inconspicuously.

2) I'm not certain of this one (and if any of you know, speak up please) but I assume Sansa is still in possession of the hairnet, so she is in possession of many strangler crystals.

3) Because as it played out in regards to her implicit involvement in Joffrey's death, I think LF and LO went through a lot of trouble for nothing with the whole hairnet deal. Or rather, GRRM went through a lot of trouble to include this otherwise worthless piece of evidence. That leads me to believe he has another purpose for it, and it will come in to play in Sansa's future.

Thoughts, anyone?

I'm not sure this is the proper thread to ask this question in, but everyone here seems to be pretty up on their Sansa theories. So my question is: what is the purpose of the purple hair net? My reasons for asking:

1)The hairnet wasn't necessary for Joffrey's poisoning; Lady Olenna could have just as easily hidden the strangler in a hidden pocket or in one of her own jewels.

2) People in KL assume Sansa is guilty of regicide due to her disappearance after the poisoning and her relationship to Tyrion, nowhere is the hairnet used implicitly in support of her guilt.

3) The hairnet was given to her by Dontos via LF/LO to wear specifically to the wedding, meaning it had to be made for this purpose. Also, the conspirators would have to make sure that Sansa's dress would coordinate with the hairnet (silver dress lined with purple, IIRC). Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go for something that is not going to play a part in implicating her as the guilty party, that was accomplished by her disappearance/Tyrion link. Not to mention the entire plan relied on Sansa's compliance. If she had simply chickened out or decided to change her dress (not realizing the importance of the hairnet, as she was never privy to the plot) she could have foiled the entire thing on a whim.

1) each of the purple jewels in the hairnet are strangler crystals, as opposed to the jewels that were not plucked by LO being actual amethysts. My reason for believing this is that it is described as being covered in numerous tiny purple jewels, one at each junction where the silver wire crosses. There is a pretty good chance that the hairnet could be worn askew (in fact this is the cover story for LO retrieving one), and thereby making it pretty dang tough to pick out the correct jewel quickly and inconspicuously.

2) I'm not certain of this one (and if any of you know, speak up please) but I assume Sansa is still in possession of the hairnet, so she is in possession of many strangler crystals.

3) Because as it played out in regards to her implicit involvement in Joffrey's death, I think LF and LO went through a lot of trouble for nothing with the whole hairnet deal. Or rather, GRRM went through a lot of trouble to include this otherwise worthless piece of evidence. That leads me to believe he has another purpose for it, and it will come in to play in Sansa's future.

Thoughts, anyone?

i think it ties with the Gost of Harrenhal prophecy. without the hairnet, i don't think we would have linked Sansa to the Maid of the prophecy(and the maid who slayed a giant). plus it was both a back-up plan for the Tyrell and a way for LF to trap Sansa in his scheme.

Thoughts, anyone?

I always thought it was a way to frame Sansa should anything go wrong, and if the plans went off correctly, it was a way for Littlefinger to exert control over Sansa, i.e. you wore the murder weapon to the feast, do as a say or I ship you off to King's Landing with a note pointing out you wore Strangler colored crystals in your hair.

I thought about TGoHH, but honestly I don't think any connection to Sansa and a maid with purple serpents in her hair could have been made any way but retrospectively, and considering who she made the prophecy to, I see it as doubly useless. Maybe the whole purpose of it was to show the reader the validity/accuracy of the GoHH prophetic abilities, but it still seems like a weak case. As to the idea of planting evidence on Sansa should the plan go awry, that makes more sense to me. Except that Sansa is basically a prisoner of the Red Keep. She has no influence and no one loyal to her cause. Where would she have procured the strangler gems? What silversmith does she have in her employ? She could simply say that the net was given to her, and it would be believable because of her lack of means to obtain such a hair net.

ETA: good points on the GoHH and plan B ideas, I'm just struggling with the idea that it wasn't put in her possession to have future implications. Seems like he spent a lot of writing on it to play so small a part.

If only the high septon can undue a marriage, than isn't Tyrion still married to Tysha?

The best explanation is only the High Septon can annul a "legally" done marriage, provided no consummation occurred. However, if the marriage was done "wrong," then some local authority figures can get together and say the marriage never happened.

Tyrion and Tysha were married by a drunk Septon. Moreover, that Septon was paid for his service, and Tyrion undoubtedly told some other lies. We don't know the extent of those lies, but they might have been some real big ones. There were no witnesses to the ceremony. Finally, both Tysha and Tyrion were below the age of consent. Meaning, they needed to have their legal guardians to make the marriage legal.

The best explanation is only the High Septon can annul a "legally" done marriage, provided no consummation occurred. However, if the marriage was done "wrong," then some local authority figures can get together and say the marriage never happened.

Tyrion and Tysha were married by a drunk Septon. Moreover, that Septon was paid for his service, and Tyrion undoubtedly told some other lies. We don't know the extent of those lies, but they might have been some real big ones. There were no witnesses to the ceremony. Finally, both Tysha and Tyrion were below the age of consent. Meaning, they needed to have their legal guardians to make the marriage legal.

Who said the High Septon didn't annul Tyrion's marriage? That marriage took place about 20 or so years ago (possibly a little less) when Tywin was either Hand or about to become Hand. Why would the High Septon not annul the marriage?

Archived