Role in WoW: Sansa Stark (Spoilers)

Ours if the Fury

Except that Sansa is basically a prisoner of the Red Keep. She has no influence and no one loyal to her cause. Where would she have procured the strangler gems? What silversmith does she have in her employ? She could simply say that the net was given to her, and it would be believable because of her lack of means to obtain such a hair net.

ETA: good points on the GoHH and plan B ideas, I'm just struggling with the idea that it wasn't put in her possession to have future implications. Seems like he spent a lot of writing on it to play so small a part.

sansa is the daughter of a confessed traitor to the king that was just killed supposedly by the poison that would be found in her possession and no one would be believe that she had a hard time getting her hands on it? that's really not going to fly.

i agree that her still being in possession of the hairnet will have later implications. all indications point to her using it on littlefinger which is why i doubt that she will use it on littlefinger.

I'm not saying she wouldn't go down for it. Her having the hairnet would definitely earn her a death sentence by anyone out to get her. What I meant was that it should be obvious to anyone that she would have had to have had accomplice, one with means, motive and influence. Tyrion could definitely fit that bill, and I guess that wouldn't change much if anything in regards to her supposed guilt. She could definitely point at Littlefinger if he were to try to use it as a means to control her, and It's a toss up as to whether he would be condemned like the husband and wife pair. So yeah, I guess you have a point.

Yes I agree. The only Sansa theory I will call my own because I did not read it elsewhere before posting it was that Sansa will warg a falcon. A falcon is similar to a direwolf in that it is a predator. I also think it was foreshadowed in A Storm of Swords because Sweet Robin was constantly asking for stories of the Griffin knight who rode a giant Falcon to slay the last Griffin in Westeros. He said the Griffin knight was his favorite, and also repeatedly said Alayne was his favorite. Sansa also watches a falcon for a while, and while she does not warg it, even momentarily, she does think about what it would be like to fly like a falcon. Other people then pointed out to me that Sansa has repeatedly been called a little bird, and what a better animal to kill a mockingbird (Baelish) than a larger predatory bird?

Interesting: Here we see the symbolism of the Last Griffin. The Arryns defeated the last Mountain King, who was known as the Griffin King, and gained supremacy over the Vale. See this thread for reference: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97329-jon-connington-the-griffin-king/?p=4987734

Clearly, SR has been raised in the lore of the Arryns, much in the same way Bran was raised on stories of Bran the Builder, etc. Griffins and Falcons live in nests called Eyries. I find it interesting that Sansa, the little bird, is not only hiding in an Eyrie, but signs do point to her developing skin-changing abilities with birds. Why else all the symbolism?

To kill a mockingbird, well, that just seems fitting!

After dwelling on this theory I'm really starting to like it. It would explain all the build-up with the stories to Sweet Robin. Also I wonder if Sansa will start communicating with Bran?

I certainly hope so!

A falcon would also fit with the Arryn sigil - the moon-and-falcon, white, upon a sky blue field. We've got the personification of wolves, dragons, lions and stags running all over Westeros, it's time the falcon stepped up.

Yes, but does this refer to Sansa, or to the Arryns? If the Arryns previously defeated a Griffin, is it not possible this will extend to yet another Griffin Lord aka Jon Connington? I think the untouched Vale has a major role to play in the future dance, and if they side against (f)Aegon, it seems a precedent has been set.

I'm not sure this is the proper thread to ask this question in, but everyone here seems to be pretty up on their Sansa theories. So my question is: what is the purpose of the purple hair net? My reasons for asking:

1)The hairnet wasn't necessary for Joffrey's poisoning; Lady Olenna could have just as easily hidden the strangler in a hidden pocket or in one of her own jewels.

2) People in KL assume Sansa is guilty of regicide due to her disappearance after the poisoning and her relationship to Tyrion, nowhere is the hairnet used implicitly in support of her guilt.

3) The hairnet was given to her by Dontos via LF/LO to wear specifically to the wedding, meaning it had to be made for this purpose. Also, the conspirators would have to make sure that Sansa's dress would coordinate with the hairnet (silver dress lined with purple, IIRC). Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go for something that is not going to play a part in implicating her as the guilty party, that was accomplished by her disappearance/Tyrion link. Not to mention the entire plan relied on Sansa's compliance. If she had simply chickened out or decided to change her dress (not realizing the importance of the hairnet, as she was never privy to the plot) she could have foiled the entire thing on a whim.

Those three things lead me to believe something else about the hairnets:

1) each of the purple jewels in the hairnet are strangler crystals, as opposed to the jewels that were not plucked by LO being actual amethysts. My reason for believing this is that it is described as being covered in numerous tiny purple jewels, one at each junction where the silver wire crosses. There is a pretty good chance that the hairnet could be worn askew (in fact this is the cover story for LO retrieving one), and thereby making it pretty dang tough to pick out the correct jewel quickly and inconspicuously.

2) I'm not certain of this one (and if any of you know, speak up please) but I assume Sansa is still in possession of the hairnet, so she is in possession of many strangler crystals.

3) Because as it played out in regards to her implicit involvement in Joffrey's death, I think LF and LO went through a lot of trouble for nothing with the whole hairnet deal. Or rather, GRRM went through a lot of trouble to include this otherwise worthless piece of evidence. That leads me to believe he has another purpose for it, and it will come in to play in Sansa's future.

Thoughts, anyone?

It's always handy to have some poison around, especially if you are the Lord of Chaos. And what better way than to hide it in plain sight? If Sansa starts to cause problems for LF, then he has yet another way to get rid of her, or to implicate her in Joffrey's death (purple-handed evidence, and on her person no less!).

I have no doubt that he will discard her as soon as she has served his purpose, which can only be to secure the North. He has the Riverlands through Harrenhal, the Vale through SR, and with Sansa, the North. At that point, he has over half of Westeros. If he has secured the armies as well, wouldn't the South think twice about aligning against him (leaving the Targaryen contingent out of this equation)?

However, that leads to another thought: He's a crafty man. Shouldn't he have a stake somewhere in one of the Targaryen camps? I would think if he didn't, he would be incredibly short-sighted, and we all know LF is definitely not that! Thoughts?

All of the first five options are plausible. Keep in mind, though, that while Sansa may set LF's death in motion, she will not wield a blade, or likely even poison. She should turn his own lessons against him, manipulating the Lords into killing him. But I don't think things will get that far during TWOW.

Wow, I'm bumping an old one, but it is walking on a thin line. The very first chapter (excluding the prologue) was Eddard Stark passing a sentence AND swinging the blade. It is the old way, and is part of their identity. Robb executed Karstark himself. Jon executed Slynt himself. Arya executed the Night Watch deserter in Braavos herself, telling him her name before she killed him.

I buy into Sansa as the most "Eddard" of the Stark children, though obviously she is recieving contrary lessons from "always keep your hands clean" Baelish, who is also posing as her father. If Sansa does decide to kill Littlefinger, it would be nice if she showed her true parentage.

I only recently saw someone post about this and it blew my mind. They posted that LF could potentially have her, Tysha that is. Or at the very least knowledge of her to say that his marriage to Sansa was void. After all whores do go to brothels.

I hate this theory, because Tysha wasn't a whore. That was Tywin's hateful interpretation. OK, it is quite possible after the trauma of the Tywin's punishment she became one, but I still like to believe she found another way to make ends meet.

Quote:

Wow, I'm bumping an old one, but it is walking on a thin line. The very first chapter (excluding the prologue) was Eddard Stark passing a sentence AND swinging the blade. It is the old way, and is part of their identity. Robb executed Karstark himself. Jon executed Slynt himself. Arya executed the Night Watch deserter in Braavos herself, telling him her name before she killed him.

I buy into Sansa as the most "Eddard" of the Stark children, though obviously she is recieving contrary lessons from "always keep your hands clean" Baelish, who is also posing as her father. If Sansa does decide to kill Littlefinger, it would be nice if she showed her true parentage.

Un-Quote

I think you have her pegged correctly. She may be masquerading at the moment, but she is still a Stark, first and last.

Edited for quote error

If I were to make some guesses, I'd say that Sansa stays a maid in TWoW. The marriage/LF's plans of uniting with the Lords Declarant fall through since LF is not the best bet and neither is a dangerous trek towards the north in the midst of an ice apocalypse. Either LF will take the opportunity to seize Sansa and head towards another locale, likely down south, or he'll remained trapped in the Vale, or he'll die.

Sweetrobin dies no matter which way the wind blows.

In a storm of swords the woods which that came to araya and the brotherhood when they were resting on the hill prophesised that Balon Greyjoy would die....also that an innocent girl in kings landing would have a hand in slaying a king with black stones.....she also dreams that the same girl would would slay a giant in a castle high upon a mountain.....I think the woods which was pretty spot on with greyjoy and Geoffreys' deaths.....whos to say she's not right about Sansas murder of the giant in the castle.....namely sweetrobin ....who is the giant that tore down her castle in the sky .....

If I were to make some guesses, I'd say that Sansa stays a maid in TWoW. The marriage/LF's plans of uniting with the Lords Declarant fall through since LF is not the best bet and neither is a dangerous trek towards the north in the midst of an ice apocalypse. Either LF will take the opportunity to seize Sansa and head towards another locale, likely down south, or he'll remained trapped in the Vale, or he'll die.

Sweetrobin dies no matter which way the wind blows.

i agree with this except i'm not sure it will be curtains for sweet robin. grrm loves cripples, bastards and broken things.

Am I the only one who feels like some of Sansa's POV's are kinda boring and pointless?

Her POVs are hugely interesting for what they tell us about the place and the moment where we can see her. She is observant and yet often does not understand what she sees and hears, leaving room to us readers to draw our own conclusions instead of being spoonfed by a know-it-all character. And she cannot be allowed to understand too much, otherwise she would give away Baelish's secrets. We as readers will probably always be half a step ahead of her. So often her chapters are not about her first of all but about the characters she is with and she herself pales a little in them.

But there are exceptions: the wedding night chapter, beautifully written and transporting the vulnerability of both characters and the wonderful snow castle chapter with its winterwonderland magic. (It's snowing outside right now at my place, so wonderful)

I see Sansa teaming up with Littlefinger for a while. "Sweet" Robin will have an accident and die. It will be done in a way that one of Littlefinger's enemies will wind up with the blame. Maybe he will have too much sweet milk during one of his spells wihile the lords are in charge of Robin so that Littlefinger keeps his hands clean.

Arya will manage to get to the Vale. Remember, she thinks Sansa is dead and Sansa thinks she is. Arya is currently blind wearing someone elses's face. Whenever a lord takes control of a castle, the best thing to do is replace all the servants with one who are loyal to him. Arya will become one of Littlefinger or Aleyane's servants. I think the girls will come to recognize each other and outsmart Littlefinger when he thinks he has won it all.

They will return to King's Landing just in time to see Cersie get hers. Maybe the sight of Arya and Sansa will be enough to turn Cersie completly insane. She kills poor Tommen. I think HBO foreshadowed that Cersie will do that to "protect" him. The valquor (either Jamie or Arya) kills Cersie for revenge and the one younger and more beautiful (I have several candidates) takes over.

Also, if she stays married to Tyrion, they will lay claim to Casterly Rock in his name and Winterfell in hers. They will be a force to be reckoned with.

I see Sansa teaming up with Littlefinger for a while. "Sweet" Robin will have an accident and die. It will be done in a way that one of Littlefinger's enemies will wind up with the blame. Maybe he will have too much sweet milk during one of his spells wihile the lords are in charge of Robin so that Littlefinger keeps his hands clean.

Arya will manage to get to the Vale. Remember, she thinks Sansa is dead and Sansa thinks she is. Arya is currently blind wearing someone elses's face. Whenever a lord takes control of a castle, the best thing to do is replace all the servants with one who are loyal to him. Arya will become one of Littlefinger or Aleyane's servants. I think the girls will come to recognize each other and outsmart Littlefinger when he thinks he has won it all.

They will return to King's Landing just in time to see Cersie get hers. Maybe the sight of Arya and Sansa will be enough to turn Cersie completly insane. She kills poor Tommen. I think HBO foreshadowed that Cersie will do that to "protect" him. The valquor (either Jamie or Arya) kills Cersie for revenge and the one younger and more beautiful (I have several candidates) takes over.

Also, if she stays married to Tyrion, they will lay claim to Casterly Rock in his name and Winterfell in hers. They will be a force to be reckoned with.

I like this. Sansa realizing that tyrion is a good man. Arya realizing her revenge. Maybe not in winds but it'd be a nice ending for sansa

Arya will manage to get to the Vale. Remember, she thinks Sansa is dead and Sansa thinks she is. Arya is currently blind wearing someone elses's face. Whenever a lord takes control of a castle, the best thing to do is replace all the

Arya is not blind, she was given her sight back when she warged the cat and hit the old man with her stick, thus proving she had learned how to live without eyes. That was before she killed the crooked insurance guy.

For Sansa to kill Littlefinger, she has to learn about his hand in her father's death. I do not see that happening anytime soon. How would she find out?

I expect Littlefinger will do something particularly brutal, like wiping out every man, woman, and child at the Twins, and Sansa is pretty horrified. Littlefinger tells her that she merely has the soft heart of a woman, like her mother. Sansa will figure out that Littlefinger goaded Joffrey into killing her father, and then think back on all that Lysa said before her death, and realize that Littlefinger is solely responsible for her family's destruction.

Archived