Role in WoW: Sansa Stark (Spoilers)

Ours if the Fury

That's speculative. She already knows he's a bad guy. Any number of characters in the series have died without learning stuff that would have changed their perspectives on everything.

But Sansa's arc from the start has been largely built on Littlefinger's meddling. Again, basic plot structure.

For Sansa to kill Littlefinger, she has to learn about his hand in her father's death. I do not see that happening anytime soon. How would she find out?

She may find out if either she starts to use her brain and tries to investigate a little: innocently questioning people, batting her eyelids at Baelish's vassals, reading his letters, look at maps and family trees..... All that what people might do once they realize that something is off.

But she did not realize it it so far, she may still be sceptical about LF's intentions but not sceptical enough to make her protect herself. Still she rationalizes away the obvious signs of LF's questionable morality: the murder of Dontos and Lysa, even her being accomplice in the implication of Marillion. So so far she prefers to look the other way about Baelish's crimes, not willing to leave her comfort zone.

Or she will find out in the most brutal manner: after she has clearly opted for going along with LF's plans, for being his tool and maybe his lover, she will be confronted with the treachery against her family in a way that she cannot overlook it anymore. And then she may want to act. She may be willing to leave her passivity comfort zone and we can expect some Sansa action or at least the attempt of it, wirh hairnet and all that. Though things may go terribly wrong for her and she might find herself going through hell. (on a meta level I would definitely respect her character for trying even if she fails) And she may simply be forced to look after herself for once: no servants, no cooked food, dirty clothes, physical danger, work as servant herself.... All that what 95 % of Westerosi population experience. All main characters will get their time as something like slave in the mud. After all most of them had it already, may it be the Big Three Dany, Tyrion and Jon, who is for sure not through with it. But also Arya, Jaime, Asha, Stannis and some others. And for Cersei it is certain to come.

They all have to pay a high price on the road to themselves. And for Sansa it will be an important learning step to see that the guy she allowed to hold her fate in his hands is the darkest of all.

Eta: I guess Sansa's wake up moment will be presented in a rather dramatic turn and it will have more impact on us readers if until then she was willing to play Baelish's game as accomplice or lover. But her awakening will inevitably come with a bang. Though her reaction may be a dish served cold if she is cunning or harsh and hasty if she is less prudent.

there is no way for her to learn of LF "possible" involvement in the beheading of his father by other people(beside Joff). LF doesn't trust anyone but himself and Ned secret is particularly dangerous. the only way for Sansa to learn about it is maybe getting him drunk enough to confess it to his daugther Alayne or by Bran.

I saw a pretty interesting theory regarding Sansa over on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1vsuxb/spoilers_all_the_tourney_at_ashford_and_sansas/

this was already posted in another thread but this bit is interesting "Humfrey Hardying was wounded in a fight in a Trial of Seven during the tourney and died of his wounds". can this foreshadow a Trial in KL for Sansa? and HtH will die to defend her?

I think that any discussion of Sansa's future has to involve Ser Shadrich, the Mad Mouse. When we first meet him, he sees straight through Brienne's tale about searching for "her sister" (who just happens to match the description of Sansa perfectly) and tells her bluntly that he is also looking for Sansa. The next time we meet him, he shows up at the Gates of the Moon as one of three knights who have recently entered Littlefinger's service, and is introduced to "Alayne Stone."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Ser Shadrich only went to the Vale as part of his search for Sansa, figuring that she may have sought safety with her aunt, and what better way to get close for a hedge knight than to enter Littlefinger's service. I'm also going to guess that, given that he saw through Brienne's tale, he's probably at least suspicious of Alayne Stone, Lord Petyr's bastard daughter that no one had ever heard of until a few months ago. We also know that the Mad Mouse paid a ransom he couldn't afford after the Battle of the Blackwater, so he's not likely to just give up on collecting her substantial ransom now that he's so close.

I don't know what will happen with Sansa and Shadrich, but any prediction for her that doesn't include him is one that I can't get behind.

I think Jaime and Brienne will find Sansa, possibly with Sandor and The Blackfish with them. Once Jaime and Sandor find out that Petyr has a beautiful young bastard daughter, they will begin to wonder how and why they had never heard of such an offspring before.

When trying to figure out Littlefingers motives regarding Sansa, I thought about her various claims if the rest of her family is dead, Tyrion as well. Would she have a claim to the North as a Stark, the Riverlands through her mother, and Casterly Rock as Tyrion's wife?

The Riverlands might be a stretch, I haven't spent much time thinking about it. Just a thought.

When trying to figure out Littlefingers motives regarding Sansa, I thought about her various claims if the rest of her family is dead, Tyrion as well. Would she have a claim to the North as a Stark, the Riverlands through her mother, and Casterly Rock as Tyrion's wife?

The Riverlands might be a stretch, I haven't spent much time thinking about it. Just a thought.

Considering that Rickon is alive, her claiming anything is a stretch, but if Rickon were to die then it really wouldn't be a stretch at all. Edmure obviously has the first claim followed by The Blackfish since they are both alive and have the name Tully, but after them the claim is Rickons.

Because it's in her arc to know it. She needs to find out the devastation Littlefinger has caused her and her family.

hardly. this isn't a series where those who were wronged gain revenge against those who did the deed.

But Sansa's arc from the start has been largely built on Littlefinger's meddling. Again, basic plot structure.

actually it's the starks as a whole who have been as affected by littlefinger's meddling as have the baratheons. the lannisters seem to be the focus of varys a little more than lf but that's sure to change in the next book. i have to agree with the others who ask how sansa will find out what lf was responsible for. he's been very careful to cover his tracks so unless he tells her himself, the few who do know are not around her at the moment.

enter tyrion....

hardly. this isn't a series where those who were wronged gain revenge against those who did the deed.

actually it's the starks as a whole who have been as affected by littlefinger's meddling as have the baratheons. the lannisters seem to be the focus of varys a little more than lf but that's sure to change in the next book. i have to agree with the others who ask how sansa will find out what lf was responsible for. he's been very careful to cover his tracks so unless he tells her himself, the few who do know are not around her at the moment.

enter tyrion....

Enter Sandor :cool4:

Considering that Rickon is alive, her claiming anything is a stretch, but if Rickon were to die then it really wouldn't be a stretch at all. Edmure obviously has the first claim followed by The Blackfish since they are both alive and have the name Tully, but after them the claim is Rickons.

True, but if Rickon is busy ruling the North, (which seems like a likely outcome,) then someone has to take charge of the South, and Sansa becomes the best candidate. I mean I don't know what the official rules are for heirs of 2 Paramount Lords, but I suspect the laws are in place so that different children get different Kingdoms. The eldest living son gets the father's Kingdom, and the mother's claim would go to whoever is next in line. But I just suspect they normally wouldn't let one heir get more than one kingdom if there's more than one child, for the simple reason of avoiding solidating too much power into one direct line. Also, Westeros may have an IT, but its a fairly weak central administration-it relies more on local control for each area. Which means its better to have one Lord/Lady concentrating on their own district rather than splitting their attention between two. Obviously LF, is hoping to use Sansa to gain control of more than one region, and as long as Sansa is believed to have no living male siblings, and with the current state of chaos it might work-but I don't think that's how it goes normally.

If Edmure and/or his child don't make it, and Blackfish leaves no heirs, then you could easily end up with Sansa having control of the Riverlands and Rickon getting the North. I don't think she's going to get the Vale, (has no direct claim, and I don't think she can legally marry Harry the Heir at the moment,) and she has no claim to CR since she's a relative only by marriage with no children by Tyrion.

Unless of course Sansa were to become pregnant, (by whomever), that child might legally be heir to CR, since she is in fact legally married to Tyrion regardless of actual paternity. That would be a pretty ironic form of justice-the Lannister's who sought to filch a throne by putting a bastard in the line of succession get their own estate stolen by the bastard child of a girl whose father they killed because he tried to thwart their plans. Hell, even Tyrion might appreciate the joke in that and publicly name the kid his legal heir just to spite the family.

I saw a pretty interesting theory regarding Sansa over on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1vsuxb/spoilers_all_the_tourney_at_ashford_and_sansas/

I first thought the theory was onto something, but then I realized it had a little hole in it the size of Robert Arryn. Sansa was betrothed to him by Lysa in secret. The betrothal did not survive Lysa's death, but none the less it was at least as real as Sansa's betrothal to Willas Tyrell. Or, perhaps those secret tapestries are in fact proof that Robert Arryn is descendent from a Targaryan and thus has a claim on the Throne.

not sure how much sandor knows about lf's dealings. funny, i don't think sandor will head to the eyrie if he leaves the quiet isles but he may and then yes, he would be able to tell sansa what he knows.

Sandor likely knows anything Joffrey knows, this is the first time I have thought about that but he definitely was in the room when Ned called for the city watch to arrest Joffrey and then Baelish put a knife to Neds throat.

not sure how much sandor knows about lf's dealings. funny, i don't think sandor will head to the eyrie if he leaves the quiet isles but he may and then yes, he would be able to tell sansa what he knows.

I think Sandor will run into Jaime and Brienne in the Saltpans or Quiet Isle and will make his way up to the Eyrie in search of the little bird. Perhaps he will fall in with The Blackfish if he surfaces near there on his way to the Vale.

Who better to identify "Alayne Stone" than a dog that can sniff through lies? Not sure what pretext will be used for Sandor leaving the Quiet Isle, but I'm convinced their paths will cross at some point. They are geographically pretty close right now.

Sandor likely knows anything Joffrey knows, this is the first time I have thought about that but he definitely was in the room when Ned called for the city watch to arrest Joffrey and then Baelish put a knife to Neds throat.

i was trying to remember if sandor would have been able to hear anything lf would have said to ned. i definitely didn't remember the knife.

I think Sandor will run into Jaime and Brienne in the Saltpans or Quiet Isle and will make his way up to the Eyrie in search of the little bird. Perhaps he will fall in with The Blackfish if he surfaces near there on his way to the Vale.

Who better to identify "Alayne Stone" than a dog that can sniff through lies? Not sure what pretext will be used for Sandor leaving the Quiet Isle, but I'm convinced their paths will cross at some point. They are geographically pretty close right now.

first, i don't think sandor wants to run into jaime. he's a deserter and a wanted criminal.

i don't think anyone wants sandor to identify alayne stone either since she's in hiding. if their paths meet, let's hope it won't be him outing her.

Archived