College Football: Offseason coaching drama and crootin'

MisterOJ

I do NOT like this "new" SEC. These games are gross to watch. Play some fucking defense!

I'm embarrassed as hell by our offensive performance thus far. 7 false start penalties in the first half. :lol: No focus, no leadership. Same old shit.

ETA: I fucking love our Australian punter though. He's been outstanding.

USCe top 10 preseason. Ole Miss top 20 preseason. I think there was clearly some over-rating going on in there.

Pretty confident that if Ole Miss threw 3 int's and had 7 false starts in one half against almost any major conference team they'd be getting their asses kicked right now. They are playing good D, though, I'll give them that much.

USCe top 10 preseason. Ole Miss top 20 preseason. I think there was clearly some over-rating going on in there.

On paper, we are a top 20 team. Games aren't played on paper though.

My only consolation here is that we've started out playing like shit in the first half of all three of Freeze's openers thus far. Maybe this means we have a good second half. Maybe.

At least Ole Miss is showing up on defense! Boise doesn't have the athletes to match up certainly, but the D-line is blowing those poor fuckers up.

Our defense was never in question. But holy crap does the offense look bad. I can't explain it...7 false starts is beyond my worst nightmare. Sadly, Bo throwing 3 picks isn't that surprising.

I was hoping to get out of class early tonight so I could watch most of the game.

I'm glad we didn't get out that early now :laugh:

You're not missing anything, bro. ;)

We have to put faith in the defense now. Prewett with a pick-six would be ideal.

USCeast lost three DL from last year's team, and it is apparent that their replacements are not up to snuff. Not yet, anyway. That is the thing about opening games. Half the guys we're watching haven't really played much college football yet.

We looked at Lorenzo Ward's success and the reputation they have built the last few years, and we assume it is plug and play for that defense. Turns out this is a rebuilding year. Or A&M's OL is really that good. We'll find out which as the season wears on.

As far as Ole Miss goes, I like that defense. Prewitt is awesome. I'd take him over Collins from Alabama. And his running mate, Connor, is very good, as well. When Nkemdiche the elder returns, they should have a salty bunch.

The bad news for Ole Miss is that this offense lives or dies with Bo Wallace. Freeze should have cultivated a running game to take the pressure off of him. It looks like the playmakers are at WR, and they can be nullified by Wallace's mistakes. So if he's off, there is no solution except to keep slinging it.

All that said, Wallace isn't as bad as this game is making him look. Or at least, I don't think he is. I'm sure he'll look like Joe Montana against us.

The bad news for Ole Miss is that this offense lives or dies with Bo Wallace. Freeze should have cultivated a running game to take the pressure off of him. It looks like the playmakers are at WR, and they can be nullified by Wallace's mistakes. So if he's off, there is no solution except to keep slinging it.

All that said, Wallace isn't as bad as this game is making him look. Or at least, I don't think he is. I'm sure he'll look like Joe Montana against us.

Our biggest problem on offense (even bigger than Bo) is the O-line. They are awful. We've got one guy who's a legit SEC starter and 4 scrubs. And it's showing tonight.

Archived