NFL - Divisional Round - Best week of the year

Howdyphillip

At least they fixed the call, I guess. Would like to see the Niners tighten things up in the second half.

I mean taunting in general. If a DB gets up after a play and gets in a guy's face, it's a penalty. If the WR does it, no one cares.

Taunting is almost never called regardless of who does it.

At least they fixed the call, I guess. Would like to see the Niners tighten things up in the second half.

Taunting is almost never called regardless of who does it.

Have you been watching this game? It was called against Carolina earlier for the same exact infraction.

Have you been watching this game? It was called against Carolina earlier for the same exact infraction.

And? What I said is it (taunting) is almost never called, and that it has little to do with offense/defense. The most notable taunting penalty this season was on Golden Tate, an offensive player (and for a completely different kind of behavior).

If you're talking about headbutting, that's a completely different type of reason for penalizing someone than taunting, even if they both fall under unsportsmanlike conduct.

This game has been ridiculously called... This might be the worst refereed playoff game since the Seattle/Pittsburgh Superbowl. This has been a really great game for featuring defense though. I am incredibly impressed with both squads

Edited to join the conversation about taunting...

The head butt called on Carolina was not a head butt. It was a guy getting into the receiver's face. It could have been called taunting by a tacky ref, but it should never have been called a personal foul.

So Kaepernick has 24 pass attempts while Newton has 10 but Newton has thrown for more yards. The difference in efficiency is striking. Newton's also done more damage on the ground and the Panthers haven't punted. Kinda amazing the 49ers are up.

This may not really be anything surprising, but ESPN has a little blurb about how Peyton Manning has it in his contract that he has to get kind of a rigorous medical evaluation on his neck in the off-season, so it's suggesting that there's a very real possibility that the results of that could lead to him retiring. But I'm thinking that this was always the case since he got surgery.

If Denver wins it...maybe he just hangs it up?

I kind of assumed he would if they were to win. Think he knows he needs a second title for posterity.

So Kaepernick has 24 pass attempts while Newton has 10 but Newton has thrown for more yards. The difference in efficiency is striking. Newton's also done more damage on the ground and the Panthers haven't punted. Kinda amazing the 49ers are up.

Turnover was huge and the score came on one big play with good field position. Niners have consistently driven the ball.

Play calling and referees. Shula has to do a much better job when inside the 5 yard line. Just run the read option 3 straight times and at least one of them will get the 2 yards necessary to score a TD. Stupid.

This may not really be anything surprising, but ESPN has a little blurb about how Peyton Manning has it in his contract that he has to get kind of a rigorous medical evaluation on his neck in the off-season, so it's suggesting that there's a very real possibility that the results of that could lead to him retiring. But I'm thinking that this was always the case since he got surgery.

If Denver wins it...maybe he just hangs it up?

No, he wants the career marks.

Caaaam!

Archived