Mark Your Calendar: Game of Thrones Returns on April 6

Westeros

HBO has just blasted out a press release revealing that season 4 of Game of Thrones will be premiering on April 6…. and that the first trailer—an extended trailer, at that—will be appearing on HBO this Sunday, right before the premiere of True Detective (which, I should add, looks fantastic, and has been getting some rave reviews; sounds like more must-watch TV!)

So, now a date’s in place, and a trailer is coming, and we expect to soon have some of the first official cast stills coming our way.

For those without HBO, never fear about the trailer, by the way: it will of course show up on HBO.com and the official Youtube channel.

Visit the Site!

YES!!!! Trailer, here we come! Will the pictures on the set come out after the trailer or before?

Officially I would have to guess they will be released after the trailer. But we can hope to get a hold of them before, via those Russian websites or something. Looking forward to this, as well as the 19th of Feb for the "Histories and Lore of Westeros"!

This is excellent news. I'd had a feeling it would be back on in early April, but it's nice to have the official date. Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully Sky Atlantic (for those of us here in the UK) will maintain it's trend of airing GoT the day after HBO. Fingers crossed!

Wonderful news. And a trailer to dissect on Sunday. Now if only we could get a date on WoW...

It's kind of a sad thing to admit, but I actually will be dissecting it. I'll watch it on my phone and take a photo of every single new shot, and study and analyse them all. Yeah...... my school holidays are kinda boring, I think you can tell.

Season 2 trailer premiered in late Feburary and Season 3 was early March so I really wouldn't get your hopes up guys.

There was a 1 minute teaser/trailer released near the end of January for season 2. But yeah, I wouldn't be expecting anything longer than that.

Maybe they're releasing it early to try and keep the momentum from last season? The ratings for the finale were pretty disappointing for the episode following the Red Wedding, after all, so they're probably being as cautious as possible.

Well all signs point to the trailer being an actual trailer. I guess like the "Seven Devils" trailer from season 2 or the "Bones" trailer from season 3.

Also we're supposed to be getting an early glimpse at part of the trailer before then. I'm sure nobody cares about a "glimpse" of a teaser trailer, but more about a glimpse of an actual trailer.

Archived