Teaser Trailer Released

Westeros

But really the whole point of that was someone to breed with. Stannis wanted Winterfell locked down and sworn to him. If he offers it to single Jon, then when Jon dies, the whole problem of who runs it presents itself again. Presumably, Stannis wanted Jon and his children to be in control of it and sworn to him so as to control the North. I believe while pondering the offer Jon even thinks about it meaning he'll get to have a son.

If there is no wife, then there is no children, and there is really no point.

I don't think they need Val though. Stannis could just tell Jon that he'll have to marry a Northern lady as soon as possible.

I think it's a throwing knife. Hardly a dramatic way of dealing with him, but it shows that, much like Bronn, he fights to win, not for honour, and I guess it does take some skill to use.

Gods, I hope he's not really going to throw a knife at him. People throwing knives at their enemies is something that only happens in Hollywood movies, because people who choreograph the fights want something that looks cool, even though it makes no sense. In real life, the only thing you can achieve by throwing a knife at an enemy, in 99.9999999% of cases, is to lose the knife and deprive yourself of a weapon that's very useful but only when it's in your hand. You'd have to be an expert knife thrower to have a chance to hit the target - but even people who do that for a living in circuses are used to fixed rather than moving targets.

A knife is only useful in a close hand to hand fight while you're holding it. From a distance, heck, you'd actually have a better chance of hurting your enemy by throwing a stone.

@AnnaraSnow: Throwing knives are real weapons you know. They're specially balanced so you don't just hit them with the hilt. Now I doubt that they're a good weapon to use against a horse but throwing knives are a viable weapon.

@AnnaraSnow: Throwing knives are real weapons you know. They're specially balanced so you don't just hit them with the hilt. Now I doubt that they're a good weapon to use against a horse but throwing knives are a viable weapon.

How well armoured is the champion? He could, because it's TV, pull of an amazing shot and get somewhere above the neck area.

But really the whole point of that was someone to breed with. Stannis wanted Winterfell locked down and sworn to him. If he offers it to single Jon, then when Jon dies, the whole problem of who runs it presents itself again. Presumably, Stannis wanted Jon and his children to be in control of it and sworn to him so as to control the North. I believe while pondering the offer Jon even thinks about it meaning he'll get to have a son.

If there is no wife, then there is no children, and there is really no point.

I don't really think it's an issue. As Lord of Winterfell he could marry any Northern lady he wanted. And he's ~20 at most on the show, so plenty oftime to create an heir.

Gods, I hope he's not really going to throw a knife at him. People throwing knives at their enemies is something that only happens in Hollywood movies, because people who choreograph the fights want something that looks cool, even though it makes no sense. In real life, the only thing you can achieve by throwing a knife at an enemy, in 99.9999999% of cases, is to lose the knife and deprive yourself of a weapon that's very useful but only when it's in your hand. You'd have to be an expert knife thrower to have a chance to hit the target - but even people who do that for a living in circuses are used to fixed rather than moving targets.

A knife is only useful in a close hand to hand fight while you're holding it. From a distance, heck, you'd actually have a better chance of hurting your enemy by throwing a stone.

Would you prefer he had a pike or sword?

Well, I'm not an expert in pre-gunpowder warfare, but are throwing knives an effective weapon against a mounted well armored enemy charging at you?

00:08 would be Stannis, right; not Theon?

Right after the battle of the Wall. The banner looks like the fiery heart of the Lord of Light.

Definitely white, which means not Stannis, I can't see if there is a fiery heart, but I don't see any.

Stannis's banners are yellow, as seen being held by his men riding through the woods.

Personally, I can't wait till they show the scene where Stannis forces Jon to watch as he rapes Ygritte next to a fire filled with burning wildling babies.

:lmao: Seriously. They need to stop vilifying Stannis. This is his big moment. Specially seeing how unintentionally unsympathetic the wildlings are portrayed in the show I really expect to see Stannis kicking their asses for good.

Definitely white, which means not Stannis, I can't see if there is a fiery heart, but I don't see any.

Stannis's banners are yellow, as seen being held by his men riding through the woods.

Since nobody else has thrown this guess out there, perhaps it could be Brienne, riding into the area around Duskendale / Maidenpool some time after a battle happened there? (Won't say more, but book readers will know what I mean.)

Since nobody else has thrown this guess out there, perhaps it could be Brienne, riding into the area around Duskendale / Maidenpool some time after a battle happened there? (Won't say more, but book readers will know what I mean.)

That's an interesting idea, and would certainly be awesome, but I don't see D&D bothering to include towns like Duskendale or Maidenpool when it isn't completely necessary to the plot. I have a feeling Brienne's quest will be greatly condensed and streamlined, and they won't include most of her stuff from the book. Also, Pod isn't seen in that shot. Now, maybe she will find him sometime on her journey, but I'm getting a little bit of a feeling that she might set off with him from King's Landing in the first place. It would simplify the story, at least. Not that I mind either way. I'm just really hoping it's Theon going to Moat Cailin, since that chapter is one of my favourites from the whole series, and I would be disappointed if it never made it to the show.

It is Theon, I have no doubt about it...

Reek passed the rotted carcass of a horse, an arrow jutting from its neck . . . he spied the rider, or what remained of him. The crows had stripped the flesh from the man's face, and a feral dog had burrowed beneath his mail to get at his entrails. Farther on, another corpse had sunk so deep into the much that only his face and fingers showed.
Closer to the towers, corpses littered the ground on every side...

Archived