Watch the New Game of Thrones Trailer

Westeros

i wonder if they will keep joffrey somewhat slightly giving away that he may have been behind bran's assasination attempt. iirc he gets handed a sword and says something like "not the first time i've been around valryian steel" and tyrion puts two and two together.

Aye, I was thinking about this other day. I'm sure they wouldn't leave it out... at least I hope not. That was a big "I knew it, you little prick" moment for me haha.

Unless they have Bronn have his tongue ripped out, I don't see how it makes any sense for Jaime to spar with him. The whole point of Jaime sparring with Ser Illyn instead of someone like Addam Marbrand was so he couldn't talk about how bad Jaime was or his secrets.

I'm pretty sure Jaime and Cersei are kissing in the Sept of Baelor! That better be funeral sex. :bowdown:

I loved the funeral sex scene and was so pissed off when Jaime arrived at KL before Joff's demise. The scene is written to be disgusting in every possible way (on the altar, over a dead son's body, moon blood, incest) but it was actually quite sweet. For the first time I really felt for Jaime/Cersei as a couple and thought that the moment was very genuine.

But the scene only makes sense as a desperate reunion so I am not sure how that is going to play out on the screen.

I loved the funeral sex scene and was so pissed off when Jaime arrived at KL before Joff's demise. The scene is written to be disgusting in every possible way (on the altar, over a dead son's body, moon blood, incest) but it was actually quite sweet. For the first time I really felt for Jaime/Cersei as a couple and thought that the moment was very genuine.

But the scene only makes sense as a desperate reunion so I am not sure how that is going to play out on the screen.

I think it will still work if for whatever reason Jaime and Cersei are isolated from each other in the first two episodes.

The scene is written to be disgusting in every possible way (on the altar, over a dead son's body, moon blood, incest) but it was actually quite sweet.

Sweet in a, Kill Tyrion for me... do me now... what?... no?... recoil from his stump... leave me... death of a relationship kind of way.

I think it will still work if for whatever reason Jaime and Cersei are isolated from each other in the first two episodes.

They already brought them together though, the dreamy seashell scene. I don't know why they brought him back early, sucked all the drama out of everything.

im all for bronn taking ilynn paynes place. i hope bronn and jaime have as much chemistry as him and tyrion do. if thats the change they make.

Ideally they should not waste the chemistry between Dinklage and Flynn and have the latter take Jorah's place in ADwD, but if that doesn't happen then Jaime and Bronn sparring would still be a pretty good way of utilising one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

Unless they have Bronn have his tongue ripped out, I don't see how it makes any sense for Jaime to spar with him. The whole point of Jaime sparring with Ser Illyn instead of someone like Addam Marbrand was so he couldn't talk about how bad Jaime was or his secrets.

It may not be ideal, but really nothing about this situation is, least of all Wilko Johnson’s health problems (though according to this link - http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/22/wilko-johnson-new-album-the-who-roger-daltrey - apparently he's still recording music and touring. Good for him!)

Taking this approach would be a way to give Bronn – a fan-favorite character - something to do after Tyrion is arrested, and keep Jerome Flynn involved with the show during future seasons. He can replace Addam Marbrand (a character who is unlikely to make the cut) as Jaime’s friend and traveling companion during his campaign in the Riverlands. If they decide to go with Brienne as Jaime’s sparring partner, that would be perfectly fine. But it would have to be a one-off scene, and it would have to take place fairly early, because it sounds like Brienne will have left King’s Landing by the middle of Season 4.

Regarding concerns about Bronn’s talkativeness, I’m willing to overlook it … as long as the writers make at least a cursory effort to address it. That’s something they can do fairly easily. Something along these lines would do the trick.

Jaime and Bronn are sparring with one another. Left-handed Jaime is clumsy and slow, and Bronn easily thrashes him. Bronn makes a mocking jape about Jaime’s struggles, and Jaime retorts that he’s paying Bronn a healthy sum to help him train, not provide commentary. He reminds him that a condition of their agreement was Bronn’s silence, and warns the sellsword what could happen to him if he tells anyone how badly Jaime has regressed.

Bronn agrees that he will keep Jaime’s secret, but slyly hints that he can’t guarantee anything - he might let something slip after a few pints of ale. Jaime recognizes Bronn’s far-from-subtle ploy. Exasperated, he offers to increase Bronn’s compensation to ensure that word of their sessions does not get out. Bronn cheekily agrees, and the two resume dueling.

Rinse and repeat as needed. Such an arrangement would be in character for both Jaime and Bronn, and it would make an amusing little scene to boot. Throw in some slight suspension of disbelief, and I think we’re fine.

Archived