Tyrion's revenge on Jaime

complexphoenix

Jaimie's the only important Lannister who might guarantee some hesitation on Tyrion's part, but it wouldn't be a quick reconciliation. I could see it being a very bittersweet nod of respect and affection if they see each other again and know one or the other is doomed, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they both believed that bridge was burned only to actually be wrong per both POVs. Adds an element of tragedy if they both think they want the others forgiveness and are willing to give it, but they can't overcome their doubts.

I feel as if Jamie has put away the Lannister name and is now only concerned about his Kingsgaurd legacy. I think Tyrion on the other hand wants to do every thing that he can to get what is his by right: Casterly Rock.

I think when/if they cross paths again it will be for the IT with Jamie fighting for the incumbent and Tyrion helping Dany.

I don't think Jaime and Tyrion will ever come to strife against each other in such serious terms. Their fondness as children will always endure in Tyrion's mind despite the betrayal involving Tysha. Tyrion got his revenge already, when he lied to Jaime that he killed Joffrey. A lie for a lie. And of course he deals him a blow with speaking of Cersei's bedmates. They part ways in misery and their score is settled. Cersei is the remnant of Tyrion's family that he yet seeks to attack.

I think Tyrion might be the one who kills Jaime off.

I don't think so as Jaime is foreshadowed as Cersei's valonqar, and that she will kill him while he is killing her.

I think Tyrion will find it in himself to forgive Jaime, and maybe Dany can gentle the rage inside him like Sansa did Sandor. I think Tyrion will free Jaime after he is captured, and they will have some closure and one last moment together as brothers.

This is just my insane theory, but I think that Tyrion will somehow be one of Dany's three betrayers, and that he will betray her for blood (I sincerely doubt that Mirri Maz Durr counts as there was no reason to expect her loyalty in the first place). So I think Tyrion will betray Dany for Jaime somehow.

...and probably moonboy for all I know.

Its always the cold hard truth that does the most damage. Of all the things Tyrion said it was the truth about Cersei that hurt Jamie the most. The lie about killing Joffrey and Tyrion's killing of Tywin bothers him but not nearly as much as hearing he doesn't mean as much to her as she does to him.

This is just my insane theory, but I think that Tyrion will somehow be one of Dany's three betrayers, and that he will betray her for blood (I sincerely doubt that Mirri Maz Durr counts as there was no reason to expect her loyalty in the first place). So I think Tyrion will betray Dany for Jaime somehow.

"And he [Edric] is mine [stannis] own blood."

Blood has also been known to refer to one's relatives, and prophecy has proven to be tricky with wording and Dany could have mistaken blood for vengeance.

I just wish Tyrion had not lied to Jaime. It was bad enough as it was, Jaime and Tyrion both have potential for redemption, but he may have pushed Jaime further into darkness with his words, even though Joffery was a monster and absolutely deserved to die.

I just wish Tyrion had not lied to Jaime. It was bad enough as it was, Jaime and Tyrion both have potential for redemption, but he may have pushed Jaime further into darkness with his words, even though Joffery was a monster and absolutely deserved to die.

No. Jaime's greatest act of having Cersei's letter burned came from Tyrion's words.

Tyrion lying did not have a negative effect on Jaime imo.

No. Jaime's greatest act of having Cersei's letter burned came from Tyrion's words.

Tyrion lying did not have a negative effect on Jaime imo.

He didn't really lie about Cersei, I'm talking about him claiming to have killed Jofferey.

He didn't really lie about Cersei, I'm talking about him claiming to have killed Jofferey.

Sometimes I type things out quickly without really thinking about the full post.

I know he lied about Joffrey, that's what my 2nd sentence was referring too. And he kind of did lie about Cersei regardless considering the whole Moon Boy thing <_<

I think they will forgive each other.

I don't really remember Jamie ever being overly pissed off about Tyrion killing both his son (supposedly) and his father.

Tyrion was ready to forgive Jamie almost the moment after he punched him. He thought about it anyway.

Once Jaime finds Arya and Sansa and kills Lady Stoneheart and Cersei, he'll go on a quest to wherever whores go to find Tysha and take her to Tyrion, making up for his foul deed and winning Tyrion's forgiveness. Jaime will dress up as Santa for the Christmas gala at the Red Keep, and Tyrion will dress up as Santa's elf. Jaime, Tyrion, and Theon Greyjoy will fly off into the sunset on Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon.

I don't really feel Jaime owes Tyrion any apologies or needs to earn his forgiveness, yeah, Jaime lied to him, but it was Tywin that forced him to do it. Tywin slaved all his children. Tyrion got the harshest treatment but he wasn't the only victim.

Tyrion of course killed his father. The damage was done and I don't think there will be any easy fixes. And I love that prospect all the more. You want them to forgive each other, but Tyrion just took it too far so I can understand from Jaime's POV that he can't forget. Especially when Tyrion 'confessed' to kingslaying.

I foresee Jaime being faced with a similar decision as Aerys; Family or duty? The cloak or his blood?

Jaime doesn't know if he loved his father but it seems like he did in some way. I think he might forgive Tyrion for killing him but its not like there is nothing to forgive as far as Jaime is concerned. Its also really put an end, apparently, to family solidarity and thats the main social glue in ASOIF.

But obvious such bizarrely new things are going to happen (eg if they meet again it will probably with Tyrion invading Westerosin the entourage of Dany, someone who is going to want to kill Jaime) that alot of those feelings may just go by the board and they may join forces.

I know that Tyrion was extremely annoyed at Jaime, but I still think it was strange for him to take credit for doing something that he didn't do. I anticipate that should Jaime ever discover the truth, he will learn of the Tyrell conspiracy and assume that Tyrion was just trying to hurt him.

Which would be somewhat annoying. The rift between Jaime and Tyrion feels like a plot point that needs to be somewhat resolved but didn't really need to be there in the first place. I am completely happy with Tyrion learning of Tysha's real history, and then killing Tywin for it, but absolving Jaime of any blame. After all, that shows that Tyrion is still desperate for love and affection and still adores his brother, both of which I think are important to his character. Instead, it is as though his bitterness is his driving emotion, which I feel is not really as exciting in terms of character development.

I know that Tyrion was extremely annoyed at Jaime, but I still think it was strange for him to take credit for doing something that he didn't do. I anticipate that should Jaime ever discover the truth, he will learn of the Tyrell conspiracy and assume that Tyrion was just trying to hurt him.

Which would be somewhat annoying. The rift between Jaime and Tyrion feels like a plot point that needs to be somewhat resolved but didn't really need to be there in the first place. I am completely happy with Tyrion learning of Tysha's real history, and then killing Tywin for it, but absolving Jaime of any blame. After all, that shows that Tyrion is still desperate for love and affection and still adores his brother, both of which I think are important to his character. Instead, it is as though his bitterness is his driving emotion, which I feel is not really as exciting in terms of character development.

I don't know. I have always thought its a realistic depiction of a turning worm. Like people get a real shock when they find yes, the dwarf has adjusted to a marginalised life but deep down he really fucking hates it! and hates those contributing to it and when he starts to express that hate its not pretty.

Plus with Jaime away, Tyrion has gone through a lot of disillusioning experiences without anyone present he can confide in or rely on so I guess he is just not in the habit, so he doesn't turn back and say I didn't really kill Joff.

I don't know. I have always thought its a realistic depiction of a turning worm. Like people get a real shock when they find yes, the dwarf has adjusted to a marginalised life but deep down he really fucking hates it! and hates those contributing to it and when he starts to express that hate its not pretty.

I tend to agree with this.

Also, it's something that may never be resolved. This is something I like about these books - loose ends (emotionally speaking) aren't always tied up in neat little parcels.

Archived