Are there any Targaryen loyalists here ?

Engimato

I don't see any Targaryen as the best choice for the throne currently.

That being said, I am surprised at the singular hatred people (especially the Stannis supporters) of the Targaryens rule.

The Baratheons ruled for what, 15 years? How can you guys compare them to the 300 year old Targaryen kings?

I also love the predjudice people on this forum have. Just because Aerys was a bad king, doesn't mean all Targaryens are bad. Aerys is the exception, not the rule.

JQC, You forgot to compare her to Hitler. Isn't that the fashionable things to do these days?

:lmao: You win one internet, use it wisely :p

I actually saw her compared to Jar Jar Binks. Talk about insulting to GRRM.

:agree:

:agree:

:cheers:

You mean the Starks? How is that a comparison?

300 years of multicultural empire vs 8000 years of isolated monocultural rule?

I'm not saying the Targaryens should be the kings, or shouldn't.

I'm just saying some people take their dislike of one or two characters and apply it to a whole line of rulers.

Baratheons are Durrendons in everything but name, just like Blackfyres=Targaryens.

Come one. Durrendons became Baratheons when the later married into the family. Blackfyres are not Targaryens. They once was the same but not anymore. Starks=Karstarks?

Westeros is an empire because it is a large multicultural domain. Care to argue about that? PM me. That isn't the point of my rebuttal.

I'm saying you can't just ignore a whole 300 years just cause the last Targaryen screwed things up.

Westeros was not an empire but that is not the point. I am saying that the last Targ was just the tip of the iceberg. Most than their half reign was screwed. Civil wars, again civil wars, yet again civil wars, mad Kings, mad princelings, more war... The exception was the good Targs.

How could 300 years compare with 8000?

Not a fair comparison. The Targaryens ruled over seven Kingdoms. The Starks, Durrendons, Lannisters and Garderners ruled over their own territories.

Baratheons are Durrendons in everything but name, just like Blackfyres=Targaryens.

Not really though. Baratheons married and adopted the Durrendons symbols, but they are not the same House. The Durrendon House is extinct and House Baratheon's founding member is Orys Baratheon, the Bastard Brother of Aegon the Conqueror.

I don't understand why so many people hate on Dany. She has proven herself to be a good and kind hearted leader. She makes mistakes, as everyone does. I'd much rather see her on the IT than some insane, paranoid, power hungry cunt like Cersie!

I am with you on that. Don't get all the Dany hating around here.

I think while she has made mistakes, she overall has good potential and she is certainly not an evil person.

She seems to genuinely care about her people and not seeking to hurt anyone just for the sake of it.

There are not a lot of people who would not handle the situation in Meereen better, and she is after all only 14.

People would easily forgive Stannis, or even some of the darker characters like Theon or Jaime but never Dany.

I am not a Dany fan, and honestly I am not sure I'd be happy to see her win the IT at the end, but I still feel people are not fair to her.

The exception was the Mad King. I agree that many of the Targaryen Kings were not 'paragons of virtue' but the vast majority of the Targaryens were competent people. The 'bad' rulers you talk about, maybe you should check out the length of their reign. They are very short.

In a span of 300 years, of course there is going to be wars and disputes. So i don't see where you're going with that.

Westeros was not an empire but that is not the point. I am saying that the last Targ was just the tip of the iceberg. Most than their half reign was screwed. Civil wars, again civil wars, yet again civil wars, mad Kings, mad princelings, more war... The exception was the good Targs.

Not a generation passed that three or four of the seven kingdoms were not at war. The Blackwoods and the Brackens were at were with each other before and after the Targaryens arrived. Same goes for the Starks and Boltons. Tyrells, Fossoways, and the Gardeners. The list goes on.

Come on.

Not a fair comparison. The Targaryens ruled over seven Kingdoms. The Starks, Durrendons, Lannisters and Garderners ruled over their own territories.

And? Especially the Starks were always between a rock and a hard place, Iron Islands, free folk, Andals, the other people at the Neck which I can't recall and their own people. Do not forget that we are takling about a Kingdom which is at the same size with the Southern part.

The exception was the Mad King. I agree that many of the Targaryen Kings were not 'paragons of virtue' but the vast majority of the Targaryens were competent people. The 'bad' rulers you talk about, maybe you should check out the length of their reign. They are very short.

In a span of 300 years, of course there is going to be wars and disputes. So i don't see where you're going with that.

I have and I think that I am right. Maeglor, Aenys, Aegon II, Viserys II, Baelor, Daeron, Daeron II, Aerys II, Aegon IV and those are only the Kings.

But they only were their territories because no-one deposed them. Just like the Targs these houses had several vassals with their own armies to keep happy and if they didn't they would have a civil war on their hands. I think 15 years vs 300 or 300 vs 8000 are all bad comparisons since it's all about the circumstances surrounding the events that happened. We have some details of the fall of the Targs, we have lots of details on the fall of the Baratheons and we have almost no info on how these families managed to rule for thousands of years.

Westeros is an empire because it is a large multicultural domain. Care to argue about that? PM me. That isn't the point of my rebuttal.

I'm saying you can't just ignore a whole 300 years just cause the last Targaryen screwed things up.

The North have the hill clansmen, skagosi and crannogmen. That's not multi-cultural?

But they only were their territories because no-one deposed them. Just like the Targs these houses had several vassals with their own armies to keep happy and if they didn't they would have a civil war on their hands. I think 15 years vs 300 or 300 vs 8000 are all bad comparisons since it's all about the circumstances surrounding the events that happened. We have some details of the fall of the Targs, we have lots of details on the fall of the Baratheons and we have almost no info on how these families managed to rule for thousands of years.

wise words.

Mad King wasn't the exception. There's is Aenys, Maegor, Aegon II, Daeron I, Aegon IV, and Aerys I.

That said, they also had good kings Jaehaerys I, Viserys I, Aegon III, and Daeron II.

I often see this but I cant understand it. Why do people thing that Aenys was a particularly bad king? Not to mention comparable with the others listed.

Archived