Are there any Targaryen loyalists here ?

Engimato

I often see this but I cant understand it. Why do people thing that Aenys was a particularly bad king? Not to mention comparable with the others listed.

He was a good guy, but he was just too weak to be king. Maybe he would've done better under more peaceful circumstances, but his indecisiveness led to the Faith Militant walking all over him, which could have meant an early end for the Targaryen dynasty.

I won't go on about who I think is a good king or not. I realize that is up to an individuals belief on what makkes an ideal king.

However, the North is not a good example of multiculturalism. There may be different sub-enthic groups, but that's just being nit-picky.

The North, as I see it; is similar to homogenous Japan in this regard. They have many sub-culture, but the regular Japanese doesn't think of themselves as being part of that sub-culture, but rather the overall branch that is being Japanese.

This is different in Westeros overall. There are clear distinctions between being a Crownslander, a Dornish, and a Northerner.

I don't really cares about who rules where aslong as GRRM delivers a good story, so they are free to return to King's Landing, Dragonstone and the Crownlands. That said, I would prefer if each region was it's own kingdom and the Iron Throne gone. Let sharp swords and strong minds conquer the continent, not dragons (I have nothing against dragons, I just don't want those glorious beasts to be treated like cattle and attackdogs...).

Never liked the Targs and their incest to keep the bloodline pure. Such arrogance. They've been on the continent for what amounts to a blink of an eye compared to the rest of the houses and they demand to be given supreme rule based on a birthright?

Screw em all.

Never liked the Targs and their incest to keep the bloodline pure. Such arrogance. They've been on the continent for what amounts to a blink of an eye compared to the rest of the houses and they demand to be given supreme rule based on a birthright?

Screw em all.

Based on dragons.

I don't want to see the Targaryens return to power. I think uniting the Seven Kingdoms and establishing the Iron Throne in King's Landing has been one big drawn-out failure and I hope the Seven Kingdoms are returned to self-rule at the end of the series in 2026.

I had forgot about him! IMHO because of the Faith Militant uprising.

He was a good guy, but he was just too weak to be king. Maybe he would've done better under more peaceful circumstances, but his indecisiveness led to the Faith Militant walking all over him, which could have meant an early end for the Targaryen dynasty.

Yes perhaps he did not handle the situation in the most adequate manner but it was a very difficult situation to handle from the start and I'm not sure many others would have done a better job(for example I think Maegor actually made things worse). Also it's not as if the rebellion was somehaw his fault, he didn't provoke the Faith in any way. Furthermore I don't recall being said that people suffered under his rule. All in all I'd say he was a decent king faced with an extremely difficult political situation, certainly not comparable with the others listed.

Yes perhaps he did not handle the situation in the most adequate manner but it was a very difficult situation to handle from the start and I'm not sure many others would have done a better job(for example I think Maegor actually made things worse). Also it's not as if the rebellion was somehaw his fault, he didn't provoke the Faith in any way. Furthermore I don't recall being said that people suffered under his rule. All in all I'd say he was a decent king faced with an extremely difficult political situation, certainly not comparable with the others listed.

No he wasn't as bad as Maegor or Aerys II, but the point is that he failed. Most of those people I mentioned were not only bad kings, but terrible people(with the exception of Aerys I, who just didn't do anything). I agree that it was a difficult situation, and many kings would no doubt have a hard time dealing with the Faith. It wasn't his fault at all, but from the little info that we have, he didn't really do anything about it either.

I want them back. First off, Jon Snow is my boy, and I want to see him sit the Iron Throne in the end, even if I think he'll hate it.

Secondly, isn't life more interesting with the Targaryens around? Why would anyone WANT them gone? Things are so much more entertaining with them in power with the bullshit they cause. I'd prefer an arranged marriage with Jon and Dany, one that could last at least long enough to produce a legitimate male heir to continue the male line. If Jon, Dany, or both have to die at the end of ASOIAF so be it, but I hope at least that happens before they leave the stage.

You know he might be one of the only characters I've never seen anyone admit to being a fan of.

Lol, I spoke to soon.

The enemy of my enemy theory is being employed by some :lol:

I like what Barristan has to say about Hizdahr:

"The seven kingdoms will never accept Hizdahr zo Loraq as their king"

And? Especially the Starks were always between a rock and a hard place, Iron Islands, free folk, Andals, the other people at the Neck which I can't recall and their own people. Do not forget that we are takling about a Kingdom which is at the same size with the Southern part.

I have and I think that I am right. Maeglor, Aenys, Aegon II, Viserys II, Baelor, Daeron, Daeron II, Aerys II, Aegon IV and those are only the Kings.

That's still not a good comparison, the kings of winter ruled over people having the same culture and religion as them.

Archived