New Queen.. Cersie's Prophecy..?

Usman Mir

In AFFC, we came to know about the prophecy that Cersie learned from the Maegi when she was young, she asked 3 questions and was answered about them for the time to come. Now according to the current time we came to see that most of the answers are right, that she will wed a king, have 3 children and if we continue to believe that all those things will come true, who will be the New queen who will take everything that she loves when she is drowned in tears.

And considering her situation we have till the end of ADWD, is she really at that stage when the new queen will arrive or she will suffer furthermore because I dont think Margaery will be the Queen that was said as she herself was accused of adultery and awaits the King's Justice.

The thing that annoys me with this prophecy is that people say Cersei will be overthrown by a younger Queen, when Maggy doesn't even mention the word "queen". It could be any woman younger than Cersei who will take everything away from Cersei, I think it'll be Sansa.

The thing that annoys me with this prophecy is that people say Cersei will be overthrown by a younger Queen, when Maggy doesn't even mention the word "queen". It could be any woman younger than Cersei who will take everything away from Cersei, I think it'll be Sansa.

Eh, it's partially implied by grammar, and almost entirely implied by context. "Take all you hold dear" = includes "being queen" since that's what Cersei holds most dear.

I don't think it automatically implies that the person will be a queen. It says "another," not "another queen."

I think it's either Sansa, Cersei herself (responsible for her own downfall through her shitty life choices) or, the darkhorse, Brienne the Beauty. Cersei thinks it's Margaery, so it's not. And most readers probably think it's Dany, so it's not.

Eh, it's partially implied by grammar, and almost entirely implied by context. "Take all you hold dear" = includes "being queen" since that's what Cersei holds most dear.

I still think that the "Queen" bit isn't important, unless it's when Sansa is crowned Queen of the North by LF and then goes up against Cersei.

I think it is either Marge or Sansa (I don't know if Marge is beautiful enough to qualify).

I very much think it is not Dany. Why? Because Dany's story is immersed in vision and prophecy. She will slay lies, she will have three mounts etc. She has had some prophecy related to all sorts of things. And yet, on taking down Cersei, which one imagines would be a major event in her life: nothing. I am not aware of many of her numerous prophecies or visions relating to Cersei. Sansa would be the more poetic choice. marge currently seems more likely.

I think it's Brienne the Beauty and that it ties in with valonqar misdirection...

"Queen you shall be . . . until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear."

This "another" is not necessarily a queen, just younger and more beautiful. The only things Cersei holds dear are Jaime and power. Even her children are objects she uses to exercise power.

"Will the king and I have children?" she asked.

"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."

That made no sense to Cersei. Her thumb was throbbing where she'd cut it, and her blood was dripping on the carpet. How could that be? she wanted to ask, but she was done with her questions.

The old woman was not done with her, however. "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

"Tyrion is the valonqar," she said. "Do you use that word in Myr? It's High Valyrian, it means little brother."

"And Jaime and I are more than brother and sister. We are one person in two bodies. We shared a womb together. He came into this world holding my foot, our old maester said. When he is in me, I feel . . . whole."

"Jaime, then? Is it Jaime?"

"No. Jaime is still in the riverlands, somewhere."

"Somewhere?" She did not like the sound of that. "He took Raventree and accepted Lord Blackwood's surrender," said her uncle, "but on his way back to Riverrun he left his tail and went off with a woman."

"A woman?" Cersei stared at him, uncomprehending. "What woman? Why? Where did they go?"

"No one knows. We've had no further word of him. The woman may have been the Evenstar's daughter, Lady Brienne."

Her. The queen remembered the Maid of Tarth, a huge, ugly, shambling thing who dressed in man's mail. Jaime would never abandon me for such a creature. My raven never reached him, elsewise he would have come.

Brienne the Beauty is taking Jaime away from Cersei. They will return and cast her down. Jaime will strangle her with his golden hand.

Sansa- I want it to be her but I don't know how their arcs will meet again? Cersei's story belongs down South while Sansa's seems to be heading for the North, Riverlands and Vale. How exactly can Sansa impact Cersei from there?

Maegary- Too obvious and Cersie expects it to be her so when the real deal comes along she'll be taken by surprise.

Dany- Again, too obvious. I'll be disappointed if it is her because I really want it to be the underdog or someone unexpected.

Brienne- Love this idea, I've never considered it before but it makes sense in terms of Jaime.

What about Arianne? She could marry Aegon and take Kings Landing with him, killing Tommen and removing Cersei from power (if only temporary)?

I think it is either Marge or Sansa (I don't know if Marge is beautiful enough to qualify).

I very much think it is not Dany. Why? Because Dany's story is immersed in vision and prophecy. She will slay lies, she will have three mounts etc. She has had some prophecy related to all sorts of things. And yet, on taking down Cersei, which one imagines would be a major event in her life: nothing. I am not aware of many of her numerous prophecies or visions relating to Cersei. Sansa would be the more poetic choice. marge currently seems more likely.

We think Dany will slay lies concerning cloth dragons. But might she not slay the lies regarding the paternity of Cersei's children as well?

We think Dany will slay lies concerning cloth dragons. But might she not slay the lies regarding the paternity of Cersei's children as well?

What can she do about it? Tell Westeros how scandalous the Twincest is? She was born of incest so that would make her a hypocrite and I really can't see her caring about it.

The only reason she would have to do this is to prove Tommen's claim to the Throne invalid but that doesn't matter either, the only valid claim to the throne is the Targaryen one in her opinion. She's there to retake the throne as it's rightful Queen....until Aegon or Jon comes along. However, she will most likely slay the 'valid' claim to the Throne (F)Aegon has.

Sansa- I want it to be her but I don't know how their arcs will meet again? Cersei's story belongs down South while Sansa's seems to be heading for the North, Riverlands and Vale. How exactly can Sansa impact Cersei from there?

Maegary- Too obvious and Cersie expects it to be her so when the real one comes along she'll be taken by surprise.

Dany- Again, too obvious. I'll be disappointed if it is her because I really want it to be the underdog or someone unexpected.

Brienne- Love this idea, I've never considered it before but it makes sense in terms of Jaime.

What about Arianne? She could marry Aegon and take Kings Landing with him, killing Tommen and removing Cersei from power (if only temporary)?

What about Taena Merryweather? She knows a lot about Cersei, but Cersei does not consider her a threat. Cersei even considers trying to get Taena back. I think Taena quite capable of betraying everything Cersei holds dear.

The Sand Snakes on their way to KL are also good candidates. Both Tyene and Nymeria are beautiful, and younger than Cersei. And intend to bring down the Lannisters.

For all we know GRRM is messing with us and the whole affair will turn out entirely differently.

If the prophecy is real and more or less "literal", I love and seriously consider Brienne being this "other woman".

Her. The queen remembered the Maid of Tarth, a huge, ugly, shambling thing who dressed in man's mail. Jaime would never abandon me for such a creature. My raven never reached him, elsewise he would have come.

"Her" really emphasizes the idea of an antagonism here. The whole line could be truly telling, plus the fact that people call her "Brienne the Beauty" (though ironically, but that's the power of it, if you will).

That being said, I'd satisfied if it were Sansa as well, though it's too obvious. Or Myrcella maybe ?

The other candidates don't count/ aren't close enough emotionally to Cersei and/or what she holds dear. It's still possible, but it wouldn't work as well.

Maegary- Too obvious and Cersie expects it to be her so when the real deal comes along she'll be taken by surprise.

Arianne is indeed a real possibility. She could well become Queen, (though it wouldn't be a long reign, I think its safe to assume,) but yeah, Brienne or Sansa would be the far more poetic choices.

Brienne in a sense has already 'taken' Jaime-but I'm not sure, that Maggi didn't mean another actual 'Queen' after all which would exclude Brienne. Also I don't see how Brienne could rob Cersei of things she holds dear besides Jaime like official titles or power-which Sansa could do, if Sansa makes a play for the throne-but Sansa doesn't want to be Queen of Westeros, and its unlikely she'll be crossing paths with Cersei anytime soon but would be more likely to go North. Which is a shame because I'd love to see Sansa confront Cersei again after the tables had turned.

It could be GRRM, has a few surprise turns in some of his character's arcs, that could send Sansa and Cersei on a collusion course, or make Brienne play a role in the Lannister downfall. Whatever, happens, though, I hope it isn't Dany-too obvious, and it wouldn't have the same impact that Sansa or Brienne do.

Archived