Would Jon ever want the Iron Throne?

Dany Equals Big Bad

Screams from the haters!

Don't take it personally, but man... You guys are mad! :P It's ridiculous ^^ (Dance for me, little monkey, dance!)

@OP: My opinion, FWIW: To me Jon is more of a warrior / battle commander type, i.e. TPTWP / AAR against the Others, but in a kind of subtle and more twisted way than expected. Personally, I don't see him on the throne. Ever.

Then again, it's GRRM we're talking about here, folks. So what the hell do we know!? ;)

Ha, yeah it's kind of odd and sad that it has gone that far and people actually have convinced themselves this is the true story and all the other characters are red herrings. Oh and if they feel said characters are a threat to Jon, then said character is an evil red herring, and they make stuff up about them. She isn't paying her people she isn't paying them. She is a slaver, see she is evil. "Yeah but the first 3 chapters of dance point out she is paying people." Damn time to go find some sort of evidence that I can twist, OMG her slippers are tight, only evil people wear tight slippers."

Ummm isn't Jon actually doing the opposite of Dany. Dany freed slaves, the Freedmen, but didn't Jon take the freefolk and actually kind of enslave them? "Whaaaaaaaat? No!" Yeah he kind of did, first he charged them all there precious belongings to get passed the wall. Then while starving he gave them the choice of an onion, a rotten apple or working for him for food. So, you can starve or work for me. If I recall the Jon fans feel that if your not paying someone coin and just food and shelter then this is slavery. Oh Jon.

Besides if anyone wants power in this series, and I mean anyone, then it has been pointed out time and again. Power comes with a price and it is usually a bitter one. Nobody just gets handed power in this series. Take a look at the dragons, that cost Dany the life of her child. Stannis was going to roast his nephew, and is burning people, all the crap Cersei did, all the crap LF did.

Everyone running to Jon, to force a throne upon him because of his goody goodness???? Really?

:bowdown: Preach it!

And that war will end in all three of the women's downfall, and they then find that they aren't really suited for power, as others will rise and take their power. In my opinion, Sansa will take what Dany, Cersei and Margaery hold dear; their power and influence and use it to uphold Jon's reign.

What a nice message that would be, women are unfit to rule, lets have a man come in to clean up the mess. Really? I support Shireen for Queen. Because it rhymes. That's just as much as evidence as those other predictions tend to hold.

EDIT: depersonalized

The best way to deconstruct the reluctant hero trope is for Jon to stop being reluctant. This is why I dislike the idea of Jon being forced to take the crown. Why should Jon feel unworthy? Especially compared to the other candidates.

I think GRRM has already started to undermine the hidden heir trope by introducing multiple hidden heirs. R+L=J may give Jon an excuse to take the throne but it won't be the reason he wants it and he may not even be next in line once all the back stories and extra-marital affairs are revealed.

Terry Pratchett already did a twist in this trope in Weird Sisters so it can be deconstructed and still have a similar outcome to the trope done straight.

Don't take it personally, but man... You guys are mad! :P It's ridiculous ^^ (Dance for me, little monkey, dance!)

@OP: My opinion, FWIW: To me Jon is more of a warrior / battle commander type, i.e. TPTWP / AAR against the Others, but in a kind of subtle and more twisted way than expected. Personally, I don't see him on the throne. Ever.

Then again, it's GRRM we're talking about here, folks. So what the hell do we know!? ;)

I never take anything personally. :) There is a fine line between madness and genius. We are geniuses. Peace out!

I honestly think there will not be an Iron Throne after all this.

That being said, Jon does have some ambition, even bastards can rise high, so it would not surprise me to see him ruling Westeros at the end. Granted he has done well tempering that ambition with his sense of duty and belief in the culture.

He would do better at it than Dany or Stannis, Stannis has serious public relations issues, and Dany is still having difficulty balancing when to be pragmatic and when not to.

F. Aegon might do well, but we do not really have enough of a picture to form a complete opinion here.

GRRM could really mind and soul rape us and have Roose Bolton take it. The book burning that would follow would be legen.....wait for it....

That being said, Jon does have some ambition, even bastards can rise high, so it would not surprise me to see him ruling Westeros at the end. Granted he has done well tempering that ambition with his sense of duty and belief in the culture.

He would do better at it than Dany or Stannis, Stannis has serious public relations issues, and Dany is still having difficulty balancing when to be pragmatic and when not to.

F. Aegon might do well, but we do not really have enough of a picture to form a complete opinion here.

GRRM could really mind and soul rape us and have Roose Bolton take it. The book burning that would follow would be legend.....wait for it....

...dary...

GRRM could really mind and soul rape us and have Roose Bolton take it. The book burning that would follow would be legend.....wait for it....

...dary...

:lmao: Good one and you were able to do it in consecutive post.

I read a really good theory that Jon would be an undead fighting the Others. Here it is: http://stannisisthefury.tumblr.com/post/76033433793

Now you see that is spinning a Trope. Undead hero, rather than a reluctant hero her reluctantly takes the throne. I do not see that as spinning at all. I really like Jon but I think UnJon would be very interesting and different. We don't have an undead POV yet. At least I don't think, it's hard to tell with the fire guys, they can look alive.

Ha, yeah it's kind of odd and sad that it has gone that far and people actually have convinced themselves this is the true story and all the other characters are red herrings. Oh and if they feel said characters are a threat to Jon, then said character is an evil red herring, and they make stuff up about them. She isn't paying her people she isn't paying them. She is a slaver, see she is evil. "Yeah but the first 3 chapters of dance point out she is paying people." Damn time to go find some sort of evidence that I can twist, OMG her slippers are tight, only evil people wear tight slippers."

Ummm isn't Jon actually doing the opposite of Dany. Dany freed slaves, the Freedmen, but didn't Jon take the freefolk and actually kind of enslave them? "Whaaaaaaaat? No!" Yeah he kind of did, first he charged them all there precious belongings to get passed the wall. Then while starving he gave them the choice of an onion, a rotten apple or working for him for food. So, you can starve or work for me. If I recall the Jon fans feel that if your not paying someone coin and just food and shelter then this is slavery. Oh Jon.

Besides if anyone wants power in this series, and I mean anyone, then it has been pointed out time and again. Power comes with a price and it is usually a bitter one. Nobody just gets handed power in this series. Take a look at the dragons, that cost Dany the life of her child. Stannis was going to roast his nephew, and is burning people, all the crap Cersei did, all the crap LF did.

Everyone running to Jon, to force a throne upon him because of his goody goodness???? Really?

:bowdown:

What a nice message that would be, women are unfit to rule, lets have a man come in to clean up the mess. Really? I support Shireen for Queen. Because it rhymes. That's just as much as evidence as those other predictions tend to hold.

EDIT: depersonalized

I agree. What is the point of the book series if it end with upholding the same status quo? The realm went downfall because of it.

Haters are haters. Why do you need to be informed?? Not enough corn code.

Is that your defense mechanism? You just type haters when you can't figure something out. Was it to confusing for you? And now the corn code? What does the corn code have to do with this? I don't think you actually know. I think you wanted to be insulting but are unsure how to do it. You also want to presume you know what characters I like, which clearly you don't.

Tell you what you figure it all out on your own and I will give you a cookie. Wait that might confuse you too, a cookie is a small, baked treat, made from milk, flour(thats flour not flower), sugar, and butter. You can put other things in them as well but they generally taste good.

"Haters want to hate, hater, s go hate, you hater, yeah I showed you, I think, I don't know, what was the topic?"

Now could it have been a simple joke about how Stan Fans love Stannis and would do anything for him? Noooooo, clearly not. No it was about hate, have you ever looked up the definition of hate? I suggest you start there, then you will know what the word you keep using actually means. Education fun.

Is that your defense mechanism? You just type haters when you can't figure something out. Was it to confusing for you? And now the corn code? What does the corn code have to do with this? I don't think you actually know. I think you wanted to be insulting but are unsure how to do it. You also want to presume you know what characters I like, which clearly you don't.

Tell you what you figure it all out on your own and I will give you a cookie. Wait that might confuse you too, a cookie is a small, baked treat, made from milk, flour(thats flour not flower), sugar, and butter. You can put other things in them as well but they generally taste good.

"Haters want to hate, hater, s go hate, you hater, yeah I showed you, I think, I don't know, what was the topic?"

Now could it have been a simple joke about how Stan Fans love Stannis and would do anything for him? Noooooo, clearly not. No it was about hate, have you ever looked up the definition of hate? I suggest you start there, then you will know what the word you keep using actually means. Education fun.

Corn, CoRn, COrn, coRN = HATER

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=haters

hater:

A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating:

The result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.

---

Now back to your regularly scheduled Topic; 'Want' the throne? No. End up on the throne through marriage, or declared king by a significant number of supporters (similar to Robb), or sees taking the throne as the only way to save the realm? Maybe. As long as it is his 'duty', he would go for the throne.

Best post in this thread.

Just because we want to see more in Jon than enabling a trope doesn't mean we hate him. On the contrary it means that we care.

When someone knowingly turns a blind eye to the foreshadowing we have because (s)he doesn't like it (s)he is a hater. Now, someone can dissagree of course but this could be done by proving the theory and the foreshadowings wrong.

Archived