Second Game of Thrones Trailer Premieres

Westeros

Anyone find Dany's "I will do what queens do. I will rule." line extremely lame/cringe worthy? I know it's meant to sound badass, but it just feels awfully wrong. Otherwise I've liked how they've shown her in the trailers though.

Isn't that line straight from the books?

ETA: my bad, it's not word by word like in the book, still I don't find it that bad

Anyone find Dany's "I will do what queens do. I will rule." line extremely lame/cringe worthy? I know it's meant to sound badass, but it just feels awfully wrong. Otherwise I've liked how they've shown her in the trailers though.

i found the scene very flat. dany's lines and emilia's delivery tends to be hit or miss, imho.

And then she was forcibly married to Tyrion. Nope, no reason to drop the courtesy armor. Everyone would completely sympathize with her for keeping it up. In fact, many questioned her for dropping it.

the dynamic of her marriage on the show is very different and many unsullied do not understand why she isn't nicer to tyrion. again, her behavior is very understandable in the book because we're constantly shown her thoughts of distrust and despair. on the show, that's not been the case. the last season ends with her learning about the red wedding so it will be logical for her to be wary and depressed. i'm sure we'll see that, especially given the still of the couple eating that was posted before.

I like the idea that it could be Blackfish, but the last person we saw escaping in a boat was Gendry from Dragonstone...maybe he's arriving somewhere?

i love the idea of it being gendry but where would he get armor from? blackfish sounds interesting. he can't stay missing on the show the way he has in the books.

the dynamic of her marriage on the show is very different and many unsullied do not understand why she isn't nicer to tyrion.

Many questioned the opposite, however. And show Tyrion could have said, "I understand why you're doing this, and I would do the same." Which is what he did all the other times she was distant toward him in season 2. And thus blessed, the segment of the audience not inclined to sympathize with an innocent victim would cut her some slack. And this would be consistent with her portrayal in season 2.

Aw yeah give us the Blackfish escaping from somewhere.

As for the Dany line it might sound better when it has music on in the background. Can't wait to see what Ramin Djawadi has got for us this season especially new variations on Dany's themes.

Many questioned the opposite, however. And show Tyrion could have said, "I understand why you're doing this, and I would do the same." Which is what he did all the other times she was distant toward him in season 2. And thus blessed, the segment of the audience not inclined to sympathize with an innocent victim would cut her some slack. And this would be consistent with her portrayal in season 2.

we have no idea what tyrion says so assuming what he has or hasn't said is futile. we don't know how the scenes will unfold either. what we do know is that sansa from the show is different at times from sansa from the books. ultimately, her story arc will be the same even if some of the details are changed.

I don't see that scene at all as Sansa trusting Tyrion in any way shape or form especially given the fact the scene ends (based on the previous trailer) with Sansa sneaking off, making sure she is not followed so she can meet up with Dontos to get the hell out of Kings Landing.

I don't see that scene at all as Sansa trusting Tyrion in any way shape or form especially given the fact the scene ends (based on the previous trailer) with Sansa sneaking off, making sure she is not followed so she can meet up with Dontos to get the hell out of Kings Landing.

'xactly :cool4:

I like the idea that it could be Blackfish, but the last person we saw escaping in a boat was Gendry from Dragonstone...maybe he's arriving somewhere?

I had a closer look on that small glimpse and I think the rower is leaving, telling from the rows he pulls (pulling the water towards oneself to go forward), so I don't know about Gendry. :/

The inevitable Dany line was predictably awkward. They really need to stop shilling her as some kind of faux badass and work on giving her some more substance in the show.

Good trailer though.

I agree, to be honest. They're really playing up to the ''badass babe'' when they should be giving her some more depth, she's had some really cringy lines. ''But we are not men'' definitely being one.

I agree, to be honest. They're really playing up to the ''badass babe'' when they should be giving her some more depth, she's had some really cringy lines. ''But we are not men'' definitely being one.

doesn't she really get her depth as a character after she begins ruling in essos? i think she'll show character growth over the next 2 seasons as she does in the books.

similar to stannis the mannis after he gets to the wall.

doesn't she really get her depth as a character after she begins ruling in essos? i think she'll show character growth over the next 2 seasons as she does in the books.

similar to stannis the mannis after he gets to the wall.

Yes. I hope so. :) I hope they show her internal conflict over whether to be a Mother and Queen or abandon and become a Conqueror.

Yes. I hope so. :) I hope they show her internal conflict over whether to be a Mother and Queen or abandon and become a Conqueror.

that's basically all there is to her story while she's in essos. they have to show it - there isn't much else. well, other than her occasional romp with daario and which ever handmaiden/servant happens to be handy. oh, and of course there will be the mysterious quaithe.

that's about it! her story is about her learning to be a queen.

that's basically all there is to her story while she's in essos. they have to show it - there isn't much else. well, other than her occasional romp with daario and which ever handmaiden/servant happens to be handy. oh, and of course there will be the mysterious quaithe.

that's about it! her story is about her learning to be a queen.

I know, I was just worried they'd keep on continuing with ''badass, fierce babe'' and that is it.

I agree, Sansa does not trust Tyrion, show or books.

Archived