[Book Spoilers] Beautiful male characters in the TV series

Le Cygne

It's funny how many of us feel the need to specify that we are "straight dudes" before posting on this topic - I'm not sure if it's a valid qualification of our [presumably ignorant] opinions or simply pejorative and slightly homophobic...

In either case, I'm a straight dude. Like totally straight, like I love the ladies. And boobs. And ladies with boobs.

Seriously though, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a phenomenally attractive man in addition to being a great actor and [seemingly] awesome guy. He and Peter are usually my favorites on panels, and the Nikolaj/Michelle commentary is still my favorite bonus feature from any season thus far.

Here's something I find interesting: I consider Finn Jones to be a pretty good looking guy yet Loras Tyrell generally appears quite homely on screen, whereas I don't think Tom Wlaschiha is all that attractive yet Jaqen H'ghar was undeniably [i'm trying to come up with any word other than] sexy [nope, couldn't find one].

(edit: continuing to read through the comments, I see that the Finn > Loras opinion is pretty common)

It's funny how many of us feel the need to specify that we are "straight dudes" before posting on this topic - I'm not sure if it's a valid qualification of our [presumably ignorant] opinions or simply pejorative and slightly homophobic...

In either case, I'm a straight dude. Like totally straight, like I love the ladies. And boobs. And ladies with boobs.

Seriously though, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a phenomenally attractive man in addition to being a great actor and [seemingly] awesome guy. He and Peter are usually my favorites on panels, and the Nikolaj/Michelle commentary is still my favorite bonus feature from any season thus far.

Here's something I find interesting: I consider Finn Jones to be a pretty good looking guy yet Loras Tyrell generally appears quite homely on screen, whereas I don't think Tom Wlaschiha is all that attractive yet Jaqen H'ghar was undeniably [i'm trying to come up with any word other than] sexy [nope, couldn't find one].

(edit: continuing to read through the comments, I see that the Finn > Loras opinion is pretty common)

"Slightly homophobic?" I don't mean to sound rude, but... are you kidding me? That's a massive assumption to jump to. I'm absolutely certain that everyone that begins by saying that - including you - are saying it to clarify that their opinion might be different or 'altered' because of their sexuality, since they wouldn't normally see people of the same sex that way. Women have said it on the most beautiful females thread. Does that make them homophobic as well...?

Anyway, I agree with you, however, that Jaqen is pure sexiness.

Finn is attractive, they made his Loras not look so great the past couple seasons. S1 Loras with longer hair and more attitude was beautiful. I do understand what you are saying about TW as Jaqen. I've looked up pics of him in real life, and while age has helped him, it's the entire persona, and hair dye, LOL, of Jaqen that just makes him PERFECT. That actor should have to walk around in character, with the hair and the accent......for the rest of his life. Lawd knows, it'd make ME happy. :drool:

ETA: TW as Jaqen just has presence. (Trying to help you find your word, LOL) Maybe that's what you mean. He has presence, charisma, and beauty and sexiness. Even the way he moves as Jaqen is perfection. See why I never change my avi? :leer:

Yowser, Jason!!

But Jaime lost me when he cut his hair. Bleah. He looks like he belongs more in a board room than a throne room.

That is a great pic of Jason. I'm getting used to Jaime's haircut a bit, but I really, really want him to grow it back.

He's so pretty...

And he's absolutely adorable anytime he takes pictures with his wifey. Man's man ladies man man about the town...

Not digging Jaime's hair...if we're getting into specifics, it's his wide jaw vs. slightly narrower forehead. It benefits from having more hair to balance it out. He has amazing bone structure but it's very strong...it demands a bit of counterbalance. Obviously he's not "fugly." Just not as flattered as earlier seasons. All my opinion, of course.

Sexy:

Charles Dance/Tywin

Jaqen/Tom W

Peter Dinklage

Sean Bean but only as Ned

Stannis/Stephen Dillane

Liam Cunningham

Slightly sexy:

Richard Madden

Hound

Roose/Roose's actor

Good looking:

Kit Harrington/Jon Snow

Rory McCann

Jorah/Iain Glen

Good Body:

Gendry

Sexy but missing:

Benjen

In a category all his own: NCW

When I first saw NCW, I thought he looked like every Prince Charming in the fairytales but there was something missing there. A bit like Kit I suppose in that he was obviously good looking but didn't make me swoon. And then Jaime got taken prisoner by the Starks and NCW got dirtier and scruffier and my oh my, my knees started to give way.

Gross:

Daario 1

Daario 2

Drogo

Theon

sorry Dany, you have terrible taste in men!

I'll just leave this here, for any Oberyn fans...

http://vimeo.com/90776927

Nooooooooo... I don't want to see him with Lena! I have some kind of jealous!fangirl rage when they're together...

And, well, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't bring Nik as Jaime playing with some toys, would it?

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/452235760931196929/photo/1

Nothing beats this:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5832a5ab30e0473192eff8df96bec775/tumblr_mwjbg341Lr1qddynvo7_r1_500.jpg

And... for the ladies (and the guys who doesn't like the ladieees)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/18/article-0-0E694F7800000578-285_468x451.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qgz5dmybhkQ/TpKhkJmfhrI/AAAAAAAAEI0/f6YnZuccQf4/s1600/dance.jpg

Archived