Whos your favorite bastard?

Frey Kings

Not counting Jon Snow? Definitely some of the Dornish ones. Probably because there are so many.

I don't necessarily like the older Sand Snakes so much, but I admire Sarella greatly, and Elia seems quite endearing. Ellaria is also a very clever and passionate person, and remains level-headed in the wake of great loss. I also want to know more about Daemon Sand, and his relationship with Arianne.

Bloodraven also deserves special mention.

Bittersteel. Founded the greatest mercenary company, and sided with Aegon IV's preferred heir instead of with Daeron, who was most likely just as illegitimate as Daemon. Daeron and Bloodraven were a couple of weenies. Daemon and Bittersteel were real men.

Plus he has the coolest nickname (that's actually the main reason :p )

Bloodraven is in a league of his own...

Bloodraven. No explanation needed. He's one of the best characters in the story, especially if you've read the Dunk and Egg stories.

:agree: Maybe we'll get to see Plumm at Winterfell when Shewolves(or whatever he decides to call it) comes out. :)

Rolland Storm. He's a renowned warrior, led Stannis' rearguard during the Blackwater, commanded Dragonstone when Stannis went off to save the NW and seemingly gave the Tyrells a hell of a beating. He's also loyal in a Davos sort of way. He'd give his life for Stannis (and maybe did) but was also willing to act against Stannis by smuggling Edric away, for Stannis' own good.

ETA: I forgot Bloodraven, he's definitely up there as well.

Jon Snow. He's a very capable young man, with smarts, skills and courage. And is a generally nice guy. My favorite character, definitly.

Other bastards I really like are Gendry, Sarella Sand, Mya Stone, Cotter Pyke and Brynden Rivers. Bastards I like tor ead about but don't particularily like are Ramsay Bolton and Aurane Waters, as well as Obara Sand, Nymeria Sand and Tyene Sand.

Jon Snow. My favorite bastard and my second favorite character overall. He's brave, intelligent, sees the wildings as people, and generally completely awesome. And I love how by the 5th book he's learned to reconcile himself to his bastardry and constantly tries to learn from his experiences and remain humble in spite of all the good he has done. Also, being a more practical, pragmatic version of Ned (at least imo) doesn't hurt.

Gendry is my second favorite for helping Arya and Brienne, being a nice guy and very down to earth.

Edric Storm for liking and caring for Shireen (she really needs it).

Cotter Pyke

Byrnden Rivers

Tommen and Myrcella

Rolland Storm. He's a renowned warrior, led Stannis' rearguard during the Blackwater, commanded Dragonstone when Stannis went off to save the NW and seemingly gave the Tyrells a hell of a beating. He's also loyal in a Davos sort of way. He'd give his life for Stannis (and maybe did) but was also willing to act against Stannis by smuggling Edric away, for Stannis' own good.

Damn it how could i forget him. :blushing:

Archived