Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

I wasn't sure about this show (being a werewolf fan), and yet Famke Janssen was so mesmerising that I couldn't not watch it ... just because of her evilly evilness. I'm definitely a fan of hers because of the show, but the rest (story, effects) didn't impress me much. Not that I could do a better job, of course. It's just that I'd rather re-watch Grimm or American Horror Story episodes when I'm marathoning tv. :P Did I mention how much I love Famke Janssen in it? :lol:

I haven't seen too much of this evilly evilness, yet. So far, she's spending most of her time

taking weird crack eyedrops and sleeping with Norman,

and wearing awesome dresses. :P I'd like to see them do more with her character. Theda says she gets more interesting in Season 2, so I still have hope.

Edit: I'm up to the Season 1 finale now. LOL! Wtf, bacon grease? This show is so bad it's good.

JFC. I had an impromptu Film Festival this weekend, and enjoyed every single one of the six (!) movies I watched.

First up, via Netflix, was The Immigrant. Prohibition-era NYC; Joaquin Phoenix being creepy, tense, and scary; Marion Cotillard being amazing; Jeremy Renner being charming with a ridiculous mustache; this movie has it all.

Then, Boyhood. Filmed over 12 years, follows...a boy growing up, basically. Richard Linklater flick. Phenomenal. Didn't feel like it was nearly 3 hours long.

Next up: Snowpiercer. Didn't know what I was getting into with this one. Thought it was alright but didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to. I had trouble buying in to the premise, so I wasn't totally paying attention the entire time. Probably more a fault of the viewer rather than the film. I do like trains, though, and this movie takes place on a train, so that was cool I guess.

Sunday viewing: Inspired by Boyhood and filling my Linklater deficit, I did Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight. Yep, never saw 'em. *sigh* Loved them all, but particularly Before Sunrise.

I looooove the Before films. Really do need to see Boyhood though.

Same. I was going to go this past weekend but saw 22 Jump Street instead which I will not complain about. That movie was hilarious. I'll try to see Boyhood this Sunday if I can. Looks amazing.

Same. I was going to go this past weekend but saw 22 Jump Street instead which I will not complain about. That movie was hilarious. I'll try to see Boyhood this Sunday if I can. Looks amazing.

Might see if a friend will go watch it with me, if not will just go alone and watch it.

22 Jump Street was incredibly hilarious.

The credits sequence was awesome.

eta:

it's worth watching the first to get to the second season which I thought was pretty neat!! Also Olivia is pretty awesome in the second season and hilariously drops her not quite british accent that annoys everyone in the first. Shelley and Dr Pryce's stories are solid and the ENDING OF SEASON 2 IS INSANE. Oh and destiny has a much bigger part in the second season which is great. Honestly stick it out - end of season 1 is pretty cool too.

You've convinced me, will give this a shot now.

I hope you enjoy it lol I don't want to be the only one who actually thinks it's pretty good.

Two episodes down. I actually think it's good enough so far...

Maybe a bit random with all the high strangeness but that's the kind of thing I like.

Archived