Watch, Watched, Watching: New Year, New List.

Grand Moff Mithrandir

And just watched Adventureland. I'm truly surprised that a movie starring Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart and Ryan Reynolds would be this good. The soundtrack was awesome, the story wasn't as filled with cliches as these films usually are and the acting was good. I especially liked Kristen Stewart in this one, she's horrible in Twilight (of course who isn't), but this yet again proofs that she can do so much better.

And just watched Adventureland. I'm truly surprised that a movie starring Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart and Ryan Reynolds would be this good. The soundtrack was awesome, the story wasn't as filled with cliches as these films usually are and the acting was good. I especially liked Kristen Stewart in this one, she's horrible in Twilight (of course who isn't), but this yet again proofs that she can do so much better.

I love this movie!! I agree; the acting, characters, soundtrack are all great!!

I watched that yesterday as well. I wasn't expecting much from it and it was probably about the level of watchable mediocrity that I expected. I'll probably watch a few more episodes because there's not much Science Fiction on at the moment.

It's watchable with some interesting twists. Worth sticking with I think for a bit.

I never saw the 1982 version, but I did see the original. For a horror movie from 1951 it held up pretty good. It's not very scary, but it has a great atmosphere.

1982 version of the Thing is pretty good, well worth a watch. Reasonably sure i've seen the 51 version as well, but a long time ago and can't really recall details. The remake is alright, I'd watch it again if there wasn't anything on and I didn't fancy doing something else.

I love this movie!! I agree; the acting, characters, soundtrack are all great!!

What I really loved about this movie is that the characters just felt so real. They reminded me a bit of some people I know in real life.

Oh, and since you have seen the movie I would love to hear your opinion on the ending. I was having a conversation with someone about it and he felt that this movie could have been an absolute classic if it had ended when

James punched Frido in the crotch and walked away while Joel was laughing

I liked the original ending very much, but his ending sounds great as well. I have a hard time deciding if it would indeed be so much better.

Just finished watching City of God. I absolutely loved it. Shockingly brutal movie.

It's a great movie isn't it :D Still, I feel kind of bad after watching it, because most of these kids just went back to the favelas from which they came from. I think Angelica is the only one that went on to star in some great flicks. And Angelica doesn't really count since she didn't have the same background of most of the other young actors who actually lived in the favelas.

It just baffles me you know, a lot of these kids were so good in this movie, I would have thought that some of them would have gone on to great carreers afterwards. Some of them seem to have continued acting, but they never did anything really major.

1982 version of the Thing is pretty good, well worth a watch. Reasonably sure i've seen the 51 version as well, but a long time ago and can't really recall details. The remake is alright, I'd watch it again if there wasn't anything on and I didn't fancy doing something else.

I just checked the IMDB page and it seems to have Kurt Russel in it :D I'll put this one on my to watch list just for that :D

Just finished watching City of God. I absolutely loved it. Shockingly brutal movie.

One of my favorite movies ever. A masterpiece from top to bottom and, as Veltigar said, the acting was brilliant even from the really young kids. It's one of those movies that when I come across it on movie channels, I have to watch everytime.

One of my favorite movies ever. A masterpiece from top to bottom and, as Veltigar said, the acting was brilliant even from the really young kids. It's one of those movies that when I come across it on movie channels, I have to watch everytime.

This.

What I really loved about this movie is that the characters just felt so real. They reminded me a bit of some people I know in real life.

Oh, and since you have seen the movie I would love to hear your opinion on the ending. I was having a conversation with someone about it and he felt that this movie could have been an absolute classic if it had ended when

James punched Frido in the crotch and walked away while Joel was laughing

I liked the original ending very much, but his ending sounds great as well. I have a hard time deciding if it would indeed be so much better.

Hmm, I liked the ending but that's pretty funny lol, I quite like the idea of it having ended there.

I loved Joel; when sue rejects him i was really sad and annoyed but it was realistic aye a lot of the characters were really interesting and well rounded.

I would recommend watching Elite Squad (and Elite Squad's sequel). Another brutal Brazilian movie about a special police squad operating in Rio de Janeiro. Great movie.

I just checked the IMDB page and it seems to have Kurt Russel in it :D I'll put this one on my to watch list just for that :D

I'm not a monster/horror movie person at all, but do like suspense and I thought the 82 version was better - I liked the '51 version, so maybe it is the Russel influence in it.

Just rewatched Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I still prefer the Gene Wilder version from a pure entertainment standpoint, but I thought Depp and the cast did a very good job in it and enjoyed the entire movie.

Silver Linings Playbook was better than I expected. I don't know how accurate the portrayal of bipolar and depression were in this movie, but the characters were a lot of fun. It was nice to see De Niro in a good role again, that's been a while. And spotting Chris Tucker (who was great) was like spotting a white stag, whatever happened to the man after Rush Hour?

I would recommend watching Elite Squad (and Elite Squad's sequel). Another brutal Brazilian movie about a special police squad operating in Rio de Janeiro. Great movie.

Tropa de Elite is a very good movie in its own right (haven't seen the sequel), but it's not in the same league as Cidade de Deus imo. Still well worth a watch of course, but I would say that Cidade de Deus is a better movie across all boards.

I'm not a monster/horror movie person at all, but do like suspense and I thought the 82 version was better - I liked the '51 version, so maybe it is the Russel influence in it.

He seems to form a good team with director John Carpenter. Escape from NY is one movie they made together and which I enjoy very much.

Hmm, I liked the ending but that's pretty funny lol, I quite like the idea of it having ended there.

I loved Joel; when sue rejects him i was really sad and annoyed but it was realistic aye a lot of the characters were really interesting and well rounded.

Let's hope that more people will get to know the movie :) Although the casts will probably discourage a lot of people from seeing it.

I went to see How to train your dragon II today and it was great, even better than the first one. The score was still superb, the animation was a lot better, the story was cool and there were some really touching moments in it. The only thing I wasn't sold on was the main villain, he wasn't very impressive.

Another thing I liked was the fact that Gobber the Belch

turned out to be gay. In a movie franchise that focusses so heavily on love and acceptance conquering prejudice to create a better world it was nice to have a gay character as well

On a whim we watched 4 episodes of Hemlock Grove tonight.... holy shit this is a good show... and what Penny Dreadful should have been more like.

I am loving Hemlock Grove so much!!! Season 2 premiers tomorrow/today??? I have seen comments from people who hated it and I can understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but I binge watched it in a couple of days - I think it's awesome!!

After watching screen junkies discussion about the craziest cult movies, I decided to check out MacGruber. I was not disappointed at all. It started a little slow, but once it got going it never stopped. The most awesome dumb comedy I've seen in quite some time. I can't wait to see this with a group of friends.

Archived